Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
Bismarck has me in despair. I'm at 4/10 totems and have been for a week of trying every single PF group I can find, because I am evidently the only poor soul on my server who wants an Expanse weapon (I quite like the look of them). :negative:

Is this a fool's errand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Do you not have an FC to do this with?

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
I have like six Hive weapons, including the one for my main. Glamour is precisely the reason I'm suffering through this.

And no, my FC immediately goes dead silent as soon as I ask for help getting a few clears, though as soon as somebody needs a Ravana clear, they suddenly need me.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is there a way to tell if you already got a drop from a floor of Alex already? I got a tarnished bolt in my inventory after clearing all 4, and I'm not sure which floor it came from. Do I just do them again and see if I can roll?

E: actually, a better question is does the duty finder say if you got your drop already? thinking about it, i did do the first two before tuesday so it may have reset since i got the bolt

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

UglyDucklett posted:

Is there a way to tell if you already got a drop from a floor of Alex already? I got a tarnished bolt in my inventory after clearing all 4, and I'm not sure which floor it came from. Do I just do them again and see if I can roll?

If you look at it in the duty finder ones that you have collected loot on will have a chest with a green check mark in the top right corner.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
Alternatively:

Fishious
Jan 9, 2008
Also if that was your first time clearing that tarnished bolt could of been from the quest reward for clearing it.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mr. Nice! posted:

If you look at it in the duty finder ones that you have collected loot on will have a chest with a green check mark in the top right corner.

Ah ok. Edited my post above, I must have gotten it by doing one of the first two turns last week before reset. I only did 3 and 4 today, so I must have gotten it last week and not noticed. thanks!!

Fishious posted:

Also if that was your first time clearing that tarnished bolt could of been from the quest reward for clearing it.

Oh, no I actually had two after finishing the quest so I got one in Alex at some point, but you're right about that!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Focusing on priorities:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Does all the Valerian (i160 dungeon) gear drop from both dungeons or does one have some slots and the other the rest? I'm still missing chest pants and boots :(

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jul 18, 2015

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Valerian is 160, and yes they all drop equally from both dungeons.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

poo poo I knew it was 160, why'd I type 180. Thanks :downs:

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL
OBVIOUSLY JUST LOOK AT HER

I did it.

...now to bite the bullet and finish FSH. :negative:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

As a person with three combat classes at 60 and pondering #4, please seek help

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

HelloPlatypus posted:

I did it.

How much of it was rowena turn in vs leves, did you have an order?

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Holy poo poo this Alexander music is unreal. It's too good. Why is it so good?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

BottledBodhisvata posted:

That's the way I feel with a lot of music in this game. Soken has done a fantastic job.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I have no idea what those robot voices are saying but I'm way into whatever it is.

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL

Stormgale posted:

How much of it was rowena turn in vs leves, did you have an order?

I just finished today with 19 leves left over... I did burn a lot of leves just on vendor gear to get through levels.

GSM and CUL I did a lot of collectables, but otherwise they were usually too expensive or not worth it to bother with. If you can HQ leves it's like 280-400k per and is super fast.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

HelloPlatypus posted:

I did it.

Fish is really easy now. The early collectables are so easy to spam.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Mikemo Tyson posted:

So this may come across as lazy but which jobs have the least amount of buttons to push? I had bad burns on my hands that resulted in skin grafts a few years back and have trouble moving them like the Pro-Gamer XXL that I used to be. I've been leveling a Lancer to become a Dragoon and having fun with a controller but targeting on the controller is starting to feel pretty lovely when I'm surrounded by mobs in dungeons. I don't want to switch back over to using a keyboard and being a "LOLDRG" who is garbage that can't pull off all the combos.

MNK

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL

Failboattootoot posted:

Fish is really easy now. The early collectables are so easy to spam.

That's what I hear, but still FSH has always been blah to me. Hopefully I can just spend a week on it and be done.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
How many stacks of titanium, rainbow cotton and 3.0 linen would you recommend for leveling classes?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Opposing Farce posted:

I have no idea what those robot voices are saying but I'm way into whatever it is.

(Intro)
Seeking the piece of reason,
Shaping a peaceless season,
Reason to keep believing,
Waking the beast who's sleeping.

(Instrumental)

(Verse 1)
I call this destiny,
Or caught in a trance,
And I march inside a kind of dream
No sign in advance. You see?
This motor coil we serve is taut like a spring,
Step back, two step, two step,
Two step, one two three(yeah!)

(Instrumental)

Our world's a fantasy no more than a test,
Ever feeding off the fallacy,
Creating this mess
(Deep down) inside this bleak machine,
With all of the rest
Break free, to praise, to praise electricity!

(Break)

Time turning up the volume,
Time turning on us always,
No time enough to wallow,
For turning back to where we began.

(Chorus)

Trying to set those tested,
fragments in one direction.
Celestial noise detected,
but maybe I'm unsuspected.
Static to give; to reason.
Turning to me for defense,
Transmissions begun, completed:
Setup to breach; to reset.

(Verse 2)

It was the destiny alone in a trance,
No escaping from this waking dream,
No hope for the best. (You see?)
The motor coil we serve is naught but a spring.
Unwind, too slow, too quick, too much to believe!

(Instrumental)

Your world's a fantasy you failed to test
Ever forging all new fallacies creating a mess
(Direct) into this bleak machine with all of the rest
Dizzy, dying, dying! Electricity!

(Break)

Falling back right into the system,
Falling back on all empty ears,
When falling back right out of the system
Means falling back right into disgrace
Yes, falling back right in with the system,
Is slipping, falling back to the end,
When falling back is better and simple,
(We're) falling back into pieces again!

(Chorus)

Sounds to be in rhythm
Memory wiped and beaten
Narrowly beat, defeated
Radicals flowing freer
Energy slowly seepin'
Suspending all disbelief in
Synergy with our being,
Synapses fire and breathin'.

(repeat)

Eej fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jul 18, 2015

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL

Leal posted:

How many stacks of titanium, rainbow cotton and 3.0 linen would you recommend for leveling classes?

A metric shitton of Titanium.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Eej posted:

This motor coil

:ughh:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I didn't even catch that haha

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mr. Nice! posted:

That's the way I feel with a lot of music in this game. Soken has done a fantastic job.

A4's music is pretty much a Powerman 5000 track.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Jesus christ A1 is a menagrie of dipshits

Just had two in a row where someone wouldn't shut the gently caress up or stop whining about my strength accessories, one a healer and the other a tank. :psyduck:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Evil Fluffy posted:

A4's music is pretty much a Powerman 5000 track.

Well Powerman 5000 is one of my favorite groups so I guess I've gotta hurry the gently caress up and get to i170

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

HelloPlatypus posted:

A metric shitton of Titanium.

Well, I guess these survivor manuals and all the HQ quiche in the guild bank will be put to good use.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Leal posted:

Well, I guess these survivor manuals and all the HQ quiche in the guild bank will be put to good use.

Just FYI the new survival manuals only give the buff for 20 minutes so you can pretty much only get the full 300,000 XP they give through quicksynth.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Currently what has the potential to do the most DPS? Why are Dragoons of this game labeled as Derpgoons?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Etrips posted:

Currently what has the potential to do the most DPS? Why are Dragoons of this game labeled as Derpgoons?

dragoons have a reputation for mistiming their jumps and dying in very silly ways

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Dragoons also had the worst magic defense of any class in the game for over a year since release so not only would Jumps (which have had their animation repeatedly sped up) get them killed but they would just die from AOE damage that would just kinda hurt other classes. Ironically this also made them the class that was the most susceptible to AOE damage from Dragons.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Etrips posted:

Single target or AOE?
Burst or sustained?

The answers to these change what class does the most damage. It will also depend on if the fight requires lots of movement or not.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Kibner posted:

Single target or AOE?
Burst or sustained?

The answers to these change what class does the most damage. It will also depend on if the fight requires lots of movement or not.

Let's go with all the scenarios above.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Eej posted:

Dragoons also had the worst magic defense of any class in the game for over a year since release so not only would Jumps (which have had their animation repeatedly sped up) get them killed but they would just die from AOE damage that would just kinda hurt other classes. Ironically this also made them the class that was the most susceptible to AOE damage from Dragons.

Also for a LONG time DRG buffs and debuffs (namely Heavy Thrust, Disembowel and Chaos Thrust) were positionals which if you didn't hit them on the right section of an enemy, would not give the buff and would drop the combo. This made some bosses very annoying to deal with and left you with restarting combos if you screwed up or the tank moved the mob a second early or lag decided to screw you.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Dragoon is a good class for good players, so because of that second part most Dragoons are terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Is it worth it to get the relic weapons?

• Locked thread