Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Beef Chief posted:

In other news

Yes, that's right. My phone is at 42%.

Just came back from seeing it. It's SUPER good, but not as good as GotG or TWC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Wait, wouldn't Ant Man be phase 3 since it came out after Avengers 2? Not sure how they're counting it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Apparently Ant-Man is the end of Phase 2 and not Ultron, I have no idea why but whatever.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Maybe there's another jewel involved?
Also if you've ever wanted to see someone ridiculously freak out at Her Story just watch this.

HGH fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jul 17, 2015

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

HGH posted:

Maybe there's another jewel involved?
Also if you've ever wanted to see someone ridiculously freak out at Her Story just watch this.

Nah, no jewel this time.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Just came back from seeing it. It's SUPER good, but not as good as GotG or TWC.

Also back from watching it and I feel the same way. As for movie experiences, I'm glad a couple of other people in the theater were laughing and reacting in my place. Otherwise it was really quiet for the most part.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
At least Ant-Man sounds like it can be fun, but I'd find it hard pressed to surpass GotG or Winter Soldier.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I'd say it's probably #3 though.

It's funny, the most genre-specific Marvel movies tend to be the best. In GotG, TWS and Ant-Man, now we have legit great sci-fi caper, spy, and heist movies, as well as them being excellent Marvel movies.

bumble
Oct 15, 2012

R U HOT YET?
So, in the latest Ride to Hell video they managed to trigger one of the best physics bugs in the game, and they didn't even notice. :allears:

If you don't see it, click this.

Of course I don't blame them for not noticing. It was only on screen for a few frames, and I only caught it because I knew it was coming the second Matt pulled out the rocket launcher.

A short explanation of what's going on here:

When a propane tank explodes next to the corpse of an enemy, sometimes that ragdoll will freak the gently caress out and go flying. I mean, any enemy killed by a propane tank will go flying, but the ragdolls of already dead enemies go absurdly fast. To the point where they turn into flesh spaghetti for a moment and embed themselves into solid objects if they hit one. It's incredible, and extremely easy to replicate once you know it can happen.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's good to know that according to this thread I apparently hate women because I thought Her Story was really really boring and uninteresting.

Seriously the only reason people don't like it is because the girls the main character? Talk about shoving your own head up your rear end. To me it was just dull. I've tried watching the first episode a few times and nothing gripped me about it and the commentary was just as dull. I skipped the other point and click game with the really good art because of the same reason that something failed to interest me.

Why is there always someone who comes into this thread offended as if people were talking poo poo about them and not lovely Youtube comments?

Wiseblood posted:

Yes, they were totally talking about you and other people who have legitimate criticisms and not all those lovely youtube commenters bitching about some combination of SJWs/tumblr/feminism.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
In the newest Ride to Hell, I love how when they talk about how they need to watch to see if the bike wheels actually move or not there's immediately a big shot of the wheels not moving on the moving bike. This game is loving magic. :allears:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I was poking through a music rip from Ride to Hell (don't judge me) and found a file called "RTHCreditsMix051012". The silence really was a bug! :haw:

Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OAjK2NKooo

The Kins fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jul 17, 2015

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I maintain that RTH:R's soundtrack is really not half bad (except for that final level music from the stadium that sounds like a 14 y/o's improv, holy poo poo).

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

beep by grandpa posted:

Not defending the game or anything but tbg I didn't see anything controversial or remarkable about any of his statements here. Just a bunch of "we didn't include x because y" :confused:

nothing itagaki says in that post has anything to do with people's problems with the game

the "world" is not in "disorder" because there's no voice chat, it's because it's a bad game that doesn't work right

you don't come out and make a statement about voice chat when everyone's talking about how your camera clips through the whole level

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Scandalous.

(tbh I didn't know the game existed until a video of it was posted last page :shrug: )

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Beef Chief posted:

In other news

Yes, that's right. My phone is at 42%.

I'm more ashamed you go with AT&T.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

These week on Scrublords: poverty

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

RareAcumen posted:

Why is there always someone who comes into this thread offended as if people were talking poo poo about them and not lovely Youtube comments?

Probably because it's still a really blockheaded thing to think? When you make a post unironically going "They just hate it because it has "her" in the title" you need to take a step back.

Edit: This scrublords :stare:

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jul 18, 2015

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
your avatar is some cuddly poo poo, coolguy

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Beef Chief posted:

Apparently Ant-Man is the end of Phase 2 and not Ultron, I have no idea why but whatever.

filming delays

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Probably because it's still a really blockheaded thing to think? When you make a post unironically going "They just hate it because it has "her" in the title" you need to take a step back.

And you sure took it upon yourself to come into the thread as if everyone was talking about the videos like 'God, I loving hate that ThisIsACoolGuy rear end in a top hat, what a lovely human being' and completely missing the part where people were talking about the comments section of the video somehow.

Big Scary Owl posted:

Wow, holy poo poo the backlash on the Her Story LP is loving insane. The comments section is a complete trainwreck, but I can't stop looking at it. I wonder if these people feel the same hatred towards visual novels.

[Still talking to ThisIsACoolGuy]-->When people are talking about lovely comments on SBFP videos I don't think they've ever meant this thread.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Edit: This scrublords :stare:

Read the fuckin' comments and think for half a second or shut the gently caress up about this. Thanks in advance.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Dias posted:

Read the fuckin' comments and think for half a second or shut the gently caress up about this. Thanks in advance.

Try not to sperg all over the floor like that in the future, thanks in advance.

RareAcumen posted:

And you sure took it upon yourself to come into the thread as if everyone was talking about the videos like 'God, I loving hate that ThisIsACoolGuy rear end in a top hat, what a lovely human being' and completely missing the part where people were talking about the comments section of the video somehow.

[Still talking to ThisIsACoolGuy]-->When people are talking about lovely comments on SBFP videos I don't think they've ever meant this thread.

Not really. All I said was that it was a dumb thing to jump to because it is.

I don't even want to guess why this thread's so defensive but it's kinda funny in a sad way. Like way to go, keep shoving words into other peoples mouths. Good work!! :anime:

Edit: Alright I went and looked at the final parts comment section. It's a bunch of kids talking about catflaps, a few people going "I liked it" and a guy talking about the walking dead.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jul 18, 2015

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Try not to sperg all over the floor like that in the future, thanks in advance.

Not really. All I said was that it was a dumb thing to jump to because it is.

I don't even want to guess why this thread's so defensive but it's kinda funny in a sad way.

How am I the one sperging when you misinterpret completely what people have been saying here, then try to sound "superior" with those lines, man? Just shut the gently caress up about this already, no one said hating Her Story means you're sexist and I don't understand why you decided to die on this hill of stupidity.

edit: lol "putting words in other people's mouthes". At least I have use for the ignore function again.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Dias posted:

How am I the one sperging when you misinterpret completely what people have been saying here, then try to sound "superior" with those lines, man? Just shut the gently caress up about this already, no one said hating Her Story means you're sexist and I don't understand why you decided to die on this hill of stupidity.

edit: lol "putting words in other people's mouthes". At least I have use for the ignore function again.

You're the one talking entirely in "Shut the gently caress up!!!" and getting ultra bent out of shape so gee I dunno :allears:

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

You're the one talking entirely in "Shut the gently caress up!!!" and getting ultra bent out of shape so gee I dunno :allears:

gently caress you and die hows that for an unbiased opinion

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Indecisive posted:

gently caress you and die hows that for an unbiased opinion

I dunno I've seen better.

Edit: On the topic of video games though are there any other fighters that let you just straight up heal? I know Roll in the VS games has a super that lets her heal up and I guess you could count Valentine's revival ability but the concepts always been kind of funny to me.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jul 18, 2015

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Aint no Waifu like a Late-80's Early 90's Waifu.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I dunno I've seen better.

Edit: On the topic of video games though are there any other fighters that let you just straight up heal? I know Roll in the VS games has a super that lets her heal up and I guess you could count Valentine's revival ability but the concepts always been kind of funny to me.

There's also Elena in Street Fighter.

The only fighting game I can think of with healing as a universal mechanic was one of the godawful early XBox fighters. You could get your limbs broken but spend meter to heal them mid-fight.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's good to know that according to this thread I apparently hate women because I thought Her Story was really really boring and uninteresting.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I don't even want to guess why this thread's so defensive but it's kinda funny in a sad way. Like way to go, keep shoving words into other peoples mouths. Good work!! :anime:

:ironicat:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Seriously the only reason people don't like it is because the girls the main character? Talk about shoving your own head up your rear end. To me it was just dull. I've tried watching the first episode a few times and nothing gripped me about it and the commentary was just as dull. I skipped the other point and click game with the really good art because of the same reason that something failed to interest me.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

All I said was that it was a dumb thing to jump to because it is.

I dunno man, that looks pretty persecution complexy to me.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Edit: Alright I went and looked at the final parts comment section. It's a bunch of kids talking about catflaps, a few people going "I liked it" and a guy talking about the walking dead.

Her Story is just part 4 like that prank of releasing pigs painted 1, 2, and 4 is it now? :allears:

Please, for the love of god, next time you have a milquetoast opinion of something like ' Eh, the game's not for me, it just really felt dull tbh' don't somehow imagine yourself as part of the angry mob of 'SJWs gONN RUIN GAMIN'

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
His point was that people are acting as if "'SJWs gONN RUIN GAMIN'" is the only reason people dislike the game/the Her Story playthrough. And not because it is boring to watch people play on Youtube.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
One of the dumbest things about SA is that it somehow doesn't keep ignored people ignored on quotes.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Holy loving poo poo no one on this earth cares about your ignore list.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

CJacobs posted:

His point was that people are acting as if "'SJWs gONN RUIN GAMIN'" is the only reason people dislike the game/the Her Story playthrough. And not because it is boring to watch people play on Youtube.

Basically this yeah. I mean it's fun to pretend quotes like this don't exist but hey they do

ApeHawk posted:

Basically, if the game was named "His Story" and it was all men characters and stuff, the game wouldn't be getting flak.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CJacobs posted:

Well, it got insta-disliked on every episode, the comment section for Part 1 was rough (and had a lot of "mumble stupid not-a-game that only sjws like) and if the main issue is "watching people listening to/reading stuff is boring" I don't get why TWD, Tormentum, IHNMAIMS and other games didn't have this level of vitriol.

I mean, I understand people might not like it, and I respect that. But the original question was "why did this LP got such an instant negative reaction for part 1, it doesn't look that bad", and if you don't think what the game is has something to do with it, well...

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
edit: ah, you know what, this is dumb and this thread is reaching GB levels of imbecility so I'll not engage.

Dias fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jul 18, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dias posted:

Well, it got insta-disliked on every episode, the comment section for Part 1 was rough (and had a lot of "mumble stupid not-a-game that only sjws like) and if the main issue is "watching people listening to/reading stuff is boring" I don't get why TWD, Tormentum, IHNMAIMS and other games didn't have this level of vitriol.

I mean, I understand people might not like it, and I respect that. But the original question was "why did this LP got such an instant negative reaction for part 1, it doesn't look that bad", and if you don't think what the game is has something to do with it, well...

Well yeah it does, I'm not saying it doesn't; what I mean is that just assuming anyone who doesn't like the series/the game is part of that crowd if they don't explain why is fallacious. Is it probably why, thanks to the volume of people that don't like it for those reasons? Maybe! But people on the internet in general are too quick to assume that imo.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CJacobs posted:

Well yeah it does, I'm not saying it doesn't; what I mean is that just assuming anyone who doesn't like the series/the game is part of that crowd is fallacious.

But no one did this. This is why that guy is frustrating and this discussion shouldn't even be happening right now. The original question was about YT comments and why the video got so many dislikes. Again, I repeat what I said a while ago, saying you like something I don't or vice-versa is not a personal attack. Sheesh.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Dias posted:

But no one did this. This is why that guy is frustrating and this discussion shouldn't even be happening right now. The original question was about YT comments and why the video got so many dislikes. Again, I repeat what I said a while ago, saying you like something I don't or vice-versa is not a personal attack. Sheesh.

Blockhouse posted:

No, no one said anything. it has "Her" in the title and features a woman

that's the entirety of the backlash, misogyny + "this isn't a REAL" game assholes.

This whole thing is basically the outrage over the No More Heroes LP having a trigger warning writ large. There's a lot of scumbags in the best friend fanbase.

As a aside I was trying to be sarcastic with my initial post but that's rather hard with text I guess.

Really though will drop it from here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
You assholes should have shut up a page ago.