Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
One of my favorite hobbies is to inflict injuries upon myself that are exactly identical to other people in my city just to spice things up for detectives if I'm ever murdered and publicly displayed by an insane opera pig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

l33t b4c0n posted:

But three deductions from just the ring alone isn't enough - better scan for at least two other defects!

If Batman was wrong you'd instead bitch about how he wasn't thorough enough. :colbert:

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Is there a video of Two Face's capture in the post game? Everything I find so far is before the end of the game.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Probably too early for any official announcements, but I wonder if Rocksteady is going to tackle another DC super hero? Like Superman?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
That Halloween Easter Egg is actually cool as poo poo. I wonder if the person visited the lab afterwards. Surely you can recapture him or something.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I love how there's a body that has missing toes, and then you look at the model and it's the same as the other ones and has all the toes. Good work Bam ham.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Azubah posted:

Is there a video of Two Face's capture in the post game? Everything I find so far is before the end of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ufTSASwS8I

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

:smith:

Lived long enough to see yourself become the villain, didn't you, Harvey...

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
gently caress this piece of poo poo game. Give me a refund Greenmangaming.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Fargin Icehole posted:

gently caress this piece of poo poo game. Give me a refund Greenmangaming.

We are not greenmangaming

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

l33t b4c0n posted:

I think the impacted wedding ring was the worst. (A) How does a wedding ring get into your lower intestine? (B) How many people does that happen to? (C) The name of the wife was ON THE loving RING. But three deductions from just the ring alone isn't enough - better scan for at least two other defects!
Just be glad Pyg used people with overly specific quirks and oddities and not just generic folks.

Also I know there's an explanation for it in-game, but Riddler's new design kinda bothers me. Maybe because I really liked his City design, but this one is just real eh and looks weird and I'm not sure why Not as bad as crew cut, overly muscular Robin though.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Moltrey posted:

Just be glad Pyg used people with overly specific quirks and oddities and not just generic folks.

He did kidnap Generic folks. He was turning them into Dollotrons, however some people he kidnapped were too flawed for him to make perfect (By his standards) so he killed them and strung them up. Batman pointed out this is why he was caught.

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice

Moltrey posted:

Alfred check the missing persons database and cross reference against basic bitches

quote:

Riddler's new design kinda bothers me.
I kind of liked the wackjob we saw in one of the trailers

but for most of the game we got the TF2 medic in pajamas.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Snark posted:

Alfred check the missing persons database and cross reference against basic bitches

The idea is Eddie's trying to clean himself up and seem superior for his broadcasts, when in reality he's degenerated way further than any of the previous games.

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF
Is anyone else addicted to the Combo Master AR Challenge? My high score is 146. At that point it just becomes a cluster gently caress of every type of enemy bustling about in the middle of the map.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Discendo Vox posted:

The idea is Eddie's trying to clean himself up and seem superior for his broadcasts, when in reality he's degenerated way further than any of the previous games.

i kinda wish after each challenge, he would degenerate more and more as the game progressed. like he would look worse each time he showed up on the projection.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Snark posted:

The idea that he's just gone off the deep end and into a deeper end just building more elaborate death courses and puzzles for Batman is neat, but it's a real sharp turn from how he looked in City (which I admit, was a pretty stock portrayal of Ridder, but hey I liked it) that it feels like seeing a guy at a high school reunion that ruined himself and just being "drat man, what happened to you?"

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

"No guns. I don't kill. But driving you to ever deeper depths of despair, and ultimately suicide? Eh I'm cool." :batman:

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Had a great bug that saved me from the tedium of having to pick away at Deathstroke's tank; I took out the last Cobra, then soon after lost control of the Batmobile before it fell through the ground into the sea that apparently exists below Gotham. Then got a clip of Batman punching him out mid-ocean before the Batmobile's rear seats floated across the water to them and Batman did a quick Jesus impression over the surface to load him in.

Possibly recorded it, but since I've never used the PS4's record function I don't know exactly what it captures. Still, avoiding boring boss fights is always good!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i kinda wish after each challenge, he would degenerate more and more as the game progressed. like he would look worse each time he showed up on the projection.

I'm pretty sure Rocksteady said this was supposed to happen in an interview.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Well, it looks like I've got my gmg refund and the game is still playable in my library.

So either gmg literally have no power to remove activated games, or there's going to be a huge wb purge come the pc re-release.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Moltrey posted:

The idea that he's just gone off the deep end and into a deeper end just building more elaborate death courses and puzzles for Batman is neat, but it's a real sharp turn from how he looked in City (which I admit, was a pretty stock portrayal of Ridder, but hey I liked it) that it feels like seeing a guy at a high school reunion that ruined himself and just being "drat man, what happened to you?"

Especially considering how he looked in Origins.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

nickmeister posted:

Especially considering how he looked in Origins.

No kidding. I mean, for those of you who don't remember, this is what my favorite doofus looked like in Origins:

Now he looks like this:

Snark posted:

That's a pretty huge degeneration. I feel really bad for the big dumb crybaby :( That guy really needs a hug. And possibly to be forcefed some food.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Even in Origins there were signs he was about to crack. He goes from laughing at Batman to practically grinding his teeth together during communications - holding it together much better than the breakdowns in other games but you can almost taste the lunacy that's about to seep through.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I feel bad for the Riddler because at least in my game he managed to kill Batman many many times

But he never gets any credit. Poor guy.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

poptart_fairy posted:

Even in Origins there were signs he was about to crack. He goes from laughing at Batman to practically grinding his teeth together during communications - holding it together much better than the breakdowns in other games but you can almost taste the lunacy that's about to seep through.
Now I wish they had closed Riddler like they did in Gotham Adventures where he realizes that he actually is insane and does need to go back to the Asylum... Instead he's either raving in a cell or yelling to everyone in Gotham how there's NO WAY Batman can be Bruce Wayne....

You okay there, Eddie?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I cannot get the Leap of Faith achievement which is driving me mad, it's the only (listed) achievement left in the game for me to get, but no matter how many jumps I've made (you need 8, I found a guide with 16) it won't seem to trigger. I've set 100m waypoints for each and am fairly certain I passed 100m on at least 10 of them, but there's no way to track if you have or haven't so I don't know if I just need to get one more or I'm still sitting on zero. I guess I'll just have to leave it, there are other games to play and I've played the hell out of this game since it came out.

And people weren't kidding about that Harley Quinn DLC being short :stare:

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Jerusalem posted:

I cannot get the Leap of Faith achievement which is driving me mad, it's the only (listed) achievement left in the game for me to get, but no matter how many jumps I've made (you need 8, I found a guide with 16) it won't seem to trigger. I've set 100m waypoints for each and am fairly certain I passed 100m on at least 10 of them, but there's no way to track if you have or haven't so I don't know if I just need to get one more or I'm still sitting on zero. I guess I'll just have to leave it, there are other games to play and I've played the hell out of this game since it came out.

And people weren't kidding about that Harley Quinn DLC being short :stare:
People said there's a distinct sound when you land past 100m on your jump though I didn't really notice that myself. I also just used a video guide and it took me about 15 / 16 of them to make the achievement pop.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Since the last couple of pages have had some comic book talk, I'd like to share the single comic panel that got me to stop reading comics.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The Human Crouton posted:

Since the last couple of pages have had some comic book talk, I'd like to share the single comic panel that got me to stop reading comics.

Why is he called One-Face now? He still has two faces.

Did the writer of this not realize that Two-Face was a play on the term?

Why is he a Titan?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Why is he called One-Face now? He still has two faces.

Did the writer of this not realize that Two-Face was a play on the term?

Why is he a Titan?

It's even worse. The comic starts out with a breakout at Arkham, and Batman shows up and specifically asks "Where is Two-face" for no reason other than the writer wanted us to anticipate Two-face.

Also, there is a girl dressed as a sexy bunny running around just because they artist wanted to draw a sexy bunny girl.

This was Dark Knight #1. The fact that DC rebooted and allowed this poo poo to be one of the very first things they chose to represent their new universe turned me off forever.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Oh, that's who White Rabbit is.

I thought that was someone who worked at the Iceberg Lounge or something.

Is she at least tied to the Mad Hatter?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

nickmeister posted:

Probably too early for any official announcements, but I wonder if Rocksteady is going to tackle another DC super hero? Like Superman?

after how they handled this game I feel like rocksteady should gently caress off for a good while, as should any batman related things

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

MinibarMatchman posted:

after how they handled this game I feel like rocksteady should gently caress off for a good while, as should any batman related things
WB Montreal is probably up to bat already (no pun intended). Another Batman game announcement before the end of the year even.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Sober posted:

WB Montreal is probably up to bat already (no pun intended). Another Batman game announcement before the end of the year even.

that or the suicide squad game.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

I played Origins recently and the Riddler sections made me sad because I pretty much agreed with him and didn't get why Batman was trying to stop him. If you collect his blackmail pretty much all of it is about really bad people who legitimately needed their crimes exposed. I felt like a complete rear end in a top hat protecting the biggest scumbags in the city while driving a man to insanity. It was really confusing and made me think that Batman might actually be doing it just to prove that he was smarter.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Suicide Squad game would rule. Black Deadshot pissing off racists. I wonder if DC will retcon Deadshot due to the film.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Nephthys posted:

I played Origins recently and the Riddler sections made me sad because I pretty much agreed with him and didn't get why Batman was trying to stop him. If you collect his blackmail pretty much all of it is about really bad people who legitimately needed their crimes exposed. I felt like a complete rear end in a top hat protecting the biggest scumbags in the city while driving a man to insanity. It was really confusing and made me think that Batman might actually be doing it just to prove that he was smarter.
Didn't the Origins DLC imply that Riddler's information did get out and caused some of the corrupt politicians to resign? So in the end, Riddler helped Gotham, Batman was just a dick about everything.

My favorite kind of Riddler is when he's working inside the law to match wits with Batman and can be a bigger rear end in a top hat than usual.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
What's the point of getting riddler trophies in Arkham City? You don't get tapes, right? just challenges and concept art?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Just played through the Harley Quinn story pack, and I never want to hear Harley talk ever again. You are very much missed, Mrs. Sorkin.

• Locked thread