Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keeper Garrett
May 4, 2006

Running messages and picking pockets since 1998.
I pledged them $5 a month. They have made me laugh more than anything.

Holla back for a dope President.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Please remind me to draw more often.
Soiled Meat
As of this post there are about 858 people contributing $7,627/month. That averages out to 9 bucks per pledge, which seems really good to me, and I hope they do clear $10,000/month eventually, and beyond. If the show stayed at exactly the same quality it has for the last nine years I'd say we are getting far more than our money's worth. I'm curious to see if this results in greater numbers of listeners as patrons might feel more invested in the show and therefore spread word of mouth a little more?

Seth and Jonathan deserve a lot more and this was a great step.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Now they just need a derek smart to threaten to sue them because they haven't delivered on his investment

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Super stoked to see these guys for the first time at the Regent in a few weeks.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I'm super-pumped that these guys are getting the money they deserve, but I'd almost rather they put any money over 6k/mo into better equipment or personal upkeep, instead of pushing to do an extra show each week or month or whatever. Whenever they have to do shows on back-to-back days like live shows, it always feels a little forced to me. I'd be happy if they just instead just made the weekly shows that much better and on time.

Rusty Rickshaw
Apr 30, 2008

C-Euro posted:

I'm super-pumped that these guys are getting the money they deserve, but I'd almost rather they put any money over 6k/mo into better equipment or personal upkeep, instead of pushing to do an extra show each week or month or whatever. Whenever they have to do shows on back-to-back days like live shows, it always feels a little forced to me. I'd be happy if they just instead just made the weekly shows that much better and on time.

I hope they don't change their approach to making the content of the show. That seems like a thing that could happen after getting a big infusion of cash.
Maybe they could do more UYD Supplement eps or more Seth's Corners?

Rusty Rickshaw
Apr 30, 2008
Milestone Goal - $12000 per month: Seth will do the moonwalk at a live show

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Milestone goal: $12500: Seth wears the Wacko Jacko mask during a live show.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Milestone goal: $15,000: Jonathan adopts an African child, names him Jeff. Seth then legally adopts Jonathan, making Jeff his adoptive black grandson.

Marxism
Feb 14, 2012

shadow puppet of a posted:

Can someone explain how Jah is not hosed as a lawsuit target by offering for sale USB drives with 1000 full commercial RIAA-protected songs on them now that he has a proven revenue source and is easily serveable with papers via his own registered ASCAP membership?

Are the first seventeen months of donations going to go towards paying back royalties?

Snitches get Stiches Talkers get Walkers.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Caper posted:

Milestone goal: $15,000: Jonathan adopts an African child, names him Jeff. Seth then legally adopts Jonathan, making Jeff his adoptive black grandson.

The world is not good enough to let that happen.

Rusty Rickshaw
Apr 30, 2008
Jonathan spends his half of the July Patreon money to buy his old cell number back

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

465 is out, can't wait to hear what they say about the patreon

edit last episode of uyd as they hop into their new corvette and f150 :(

Brock Samson fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jul 17, 2015

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

$17,500/mo tier. UYD buys up the Egyptian premier league football team Ismaily Sporting Club to both seize control of Ultras Yellow Dragons and to have two shows a month hosted by captain and vice-captians Hosny Abd Rabo Abdel Mottaleb Ibrahim & Ahmed Samir Farag.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
$20,000/mo tier: Seth willingly abandons sobriety. Dips back into a lil bit of that marching powder, just a lil tootski never hurt anyone.

Marxism
Feb 14, 2012

TheFallenEvincar posted:

$20,000/mo tier: Seth willingly abandons sobriety. Dips back into a lil bit of that marching powder, just a lil tootski never hurt anyone.

Not gonna lie If I had 20k kicking around I would love to listen to a 3 hour show of Seth doing Notes and Coka while Jah just does his usual thing.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Where's the tier to get a paternity test for papa Larroquette and Sethro to settle this once and for all?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Haha, this is just bringing to mind that one story Jah told about (I think he was younger and this dude was a driver or something?) the dude whipping out a little anchor shaped thing whose prongs you could use for coke bumps or w/e. Gotta find one of those IRL, they should figure out a way to UYD brand a set and release them as merch :lol:

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
Is this the fastest they have turned out an episode? It was only recorded last night.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

something clever posted:

Is this the fastest they have turned out an episode? It was only recorded last night.

Now that Jonathan isn't slaving away 3 days a week for the man he has time to upload the episodes

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

There have been a few offhand references here to the old UYD forums, and I'm curious about what their deal was.

Was it an official forum? Was it terrible? Where did it go/why did it go?

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
It sounds like Jonathan is a little freaked out because he wasn't expecting to actually have to fulfill those patreon goals for a while.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Hocus Pocus posted:

There have been a few offhand references here to the old UYD forums, and I'm curious about what their deal was.

Was it an official forum? Was it terrible? Where did it go/why did it go?

Go look at the UYD facebook fan page. It's bad. It's real bad. And I believe the forums were worse.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Go look at the UYD facebook fan page. It's bad. It's real bad. And I believe the forums were worse.

What constitutes bad? The people at the live shows seem pretty diverse in... personality.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

it was mostly dickwaving contests about who was the biggest UYD fan and who'd been listening to the show longer and every single topic devolved into that

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Don't listen to that Jahhny Come Lately, he doesn't know how things used to be in the UYD forums. Take it from me, the real problem was everything would break down into speculation about which home would be best for a 6 day load: a guycunt or a bropussy.

shadow puppet of a fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jul 18, 2015

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Put in for $10 a month. Seems fair for roughly 465 hours of entertainment over several years.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Yippee kiyay motherF...woahhhhh

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I will contribute as soon as they announce their monthly target that puts forward their plan to track down Seth's wife and secure her hand in marriage should she be found legally sane enough to consent to such a bond.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
To say that what we're doing is real, I think, is a stretch.

Oooh.

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Biodome posted:

Yippee kiyay motherF...woahhhhh

Marxism
Feb 14, 2012

shadow puppet of a posted:

I will contribute as soon as they announce their monthly target that puts forward their plan to track down Seth's wife and secure her hand in marriage should she be found legally sane enough to consent to such a bond.

I am so bummed they never followed up with that. I think her and Seth would make a really great couple once she had the medications necessary to ensure her safety and health.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I always assumed that they did get married and she is now Seth's bitch ex-wife who lives in Arizona.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

bigperm posted:

It sounds like Jonathan is a little freaked out because he wasn't expecting to actually have to fulfill those patreon goals for a while.

He was chatting so much poo poo towards the end of the episode. "We don't know what reality is man!" Seth - "Ok".

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
An old pic of Seth and his first wife.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
is there a single UYD listener anywhere on the planetscape who listens to jonathans idiotic hippy monologues and goes "yeah..... so true bro"

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

a starwar betamax posted:

is there a single UYD listener anywhere on the planetscape who listens to jonathans idiotic hippy monologues and goes "yeah..... so true bro"

probably the dead head uyders

Marxism
Feb 14, 2012

I live for the moments when Seth politely tells him to shut his longhair mouth and eat the goddamn candy. Also I appreciate the amount of self-awareness he has about it.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i liked early on in the show when they were underscored with spacey music and went like 10 minutes at the end of a show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
Yeah, Jah was in top form in this ep.

While they were kind of talking about the patreon poo poo, I was thinking about like, you know, now that they are making money off of it, what would cause the end of UYD. And then I just of just thought about this post-apocalyptic wasteland where they were in the middle of nowhere, and everything was burnt around them, but they had this bunker and were still sending out UYD to whoever was out there.