Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Poultron posted:

A cat cannot be your "Buddy." Remember this.

I honestly would like to see a housecat go down a waterslide, but this is probably fatal for the person that makes it happen :catstare:

EDIT: New Page Eh? I did my own research and found no cats on waterslides. Even without looking, I found cool dogs on waterslides in the cat results

The Bloop fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jul 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Been spending a lot of time waiting for a Team Roller Coaster team to show up, only to lose due to comebacks in the last 30 seconds. This must be what Team Dog felt like.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Poultron posted:

A cat cannot be your "Buddy." Remember this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4c0HE6pCjM

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
why are there so many total morons on team rollercoaster? I've ended every game with a positive record AND #1 points but have won maybe 1/3 of them

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Deceptive Thinker posted:

why are there so many total morons on team rollercoaster? I've ended every game with a positive record AND #1 points but have won maybe 1/3 of them

I was just wondering the same thing about team water slide. All my teams thus far have been base inking dog loving fools. If we win, it's one of those hard won 49 - 51 victories. I got out of one match with ~850 points and we lost. It's not my fault at that point!

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Stick with a team. The sore losers, bad team players,, and people who don't gel will drop out. Then you're left with a team of people who work well together and your only troubles will be against other such teams.

e: What's amazing about my current team is I can place 3rd with 1030 points.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jul 18, 2015

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Roughly one out of twenty games had internet problems, splatfest, it's one out of four.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I'd like to thank everybody who drops inkstrikes on the top half of the Rig when it's entirely the other team's color. When running defense, I couldn't charge my own strikes without your help.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Bruceski posted:

I'd like to thank everybody who drops inkstrikes on the top half of the Rig when it's entirely the other team's color. When running defense, I couldn't charge my own strikes without your help.

The bigger the affected area, the better right? :downs:

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
I'd like to thank the one guy every match who decides to go to the bathroom as soon as the match starts so we play 3 on 4 and lose every time. You have let down the Roller Coaster master race you idiot!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Maybe because roller coasters are lame and in fact not the master race.

I've been on a serious hotstreak but I fully expect to lose due to popularity again. Oh well :allears:

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

i just got an entire opossing team of the krak-on roller. Never have i hated any weapon as much as this one.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I've had a string of 3v4s from the start, huge lag spikes within, and then getting disconnected on the results screen

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

It's pretty bad out there, I'm getting 900-1000 a match and still losing 30 to 65 at the end.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I get disconnected after literally every match right now

Waringpro
Feb 27, 2015
I have used a golden dynamo roller all the way to Rollercoaster Champion. It's a devestating weapon, assuming you only swing with it.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

It's pretty bad out there, I'm getting 900-1000 a match and still losing 30 to 65 at the end.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

it feels every match ends up with one side getting roled, followed by them immediately making a comback and stomping the other team, or one person slips behidnt he rest and just covers half the map thats undefended.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Tengames posted:

it feels every match ends up with one side getting roled, followed by them immediately making a comback and stomping the other team, or one person slips behidnt he rest and just covers half the map thats undefended.

What's more likely happening here is someone on the team that WAS winning gets disconnected

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I must say that while I have been yelling things at my team and the other team that would get me murdered in a back alley, I am learning a ton and having the time of my life, even if I am losing more than I am winning and admit to this being 66% my fault. This game really is the best. :allears:

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012
Just played like 20+ killer waterslide matches with XeXero who was so awesome and Booyah!ed at the start of every match. When she finally went away I was sad, but I had to plug my gamepad in so it was time for me to quit, too. Then I went to friend her and it turns out my splatfest BFF has a guy Mii and now I'm questioning everything.

Anyway, killed it for team waterslide this morning! Played two waterslide vs. waterslide matches and had very few connection issues. It was a blast.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Turned it around and was just rocking waterslides hardcore, decided to do one more game and lost by .2% I'm 62 points away from maxxxing out.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

oopsie rock posted:

Just played like 20+ killer waterslide matches with XeXero who was so awesome and Booyah!ed at the start of every match. When she finally went away I was sad, but I had to plug my gamepad in so it was time for me to quit, too. Then I went to friend her and it turns out my splatfest BFF has a guy Mii and now I'm questioning everything.

In a related matter it's pretty cool seeing so many people with stereotypically feminine names. I've never played a game like this and seen names like Maddie or Becky with any frequency.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Huh, just noticed that callie and marie's outfits actually change colors to match splatfest sides as well.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

pokeyman posted:

In a related matter it's pretty cool seeing so many people with stereotypically feminine names. I've never played a game like this and seen names like Maddie or Becky with any frequency.

When I first started playing it didn't connect that your system Mii name was your in game username, so it weirded me out a bit to see so many Mama's and Nana's, and a few Mommy's.

VVVV Odd, I haven't seen a single dad but tons of moms.

Maybe Dads prefer to play in ranked rather than Causal Mode

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jul 18, 2015

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

DreamShipWrecked posted:

When I first started playing it didn't connect that your system Mii name was your in game username, so it weirded me out a bit to see so many Mama's and Nana's, and a few Mommy's.

I've seen like two moms and about a thousand variations on dad.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
it's probably because everyone was giving out becky instead of taking it
as a username

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Team Iwata-slides fights for his memory. What does team get-rolledcoaster fight for?

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Pushed a bubbler right off of the edge of Bluefin Depot. Pretty good feeling.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Urgh getting so many disconnects

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Joined water slides to be the underdog even though I like roller coasters better

2/6 matches so far had 3v4s at lobby with roller coasters at the disadvantage wtf

edit: matchmaking in general this week seems hosed, and I'm even getting a lot more mid-game disconnects. Bleh.

Darke GBF fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jul 18, 2015

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Team Sleep are living up to their name, since most of my matches have been against fellow Team Foodies, I reached Super Eating Girl rank before I called it quits for a while, I'll probably call it at rank 4, which is the next one once I earn 47 more points.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
i thought the colors were locked to green and purple because thats what they were for the first couple dozen matches or so i played last night but then i got one match where it was pink and light blue

thats my splatoon story thanks

oopsie rock posted:

i am a guy and i use the squidgirl because the squidgirl is superior

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

AfroGunsou posted:

i thought the colors were locked to green and purple because thats what they were for the first couple dozen matches or so i played last night but then i got one match where it was pink and light blue

thats my splatoon story thanks

i am a guy and i use the squidgirl because the squidgirl is superior

uses different colors if it fails to find another team and just pits you against your own side.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Lmao just had a round where the entire other team dropped out

Also I'm the first person I've seen at charismatic level. Nice!

Pocky In My Pocket fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jul 18, 2015

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Don't know what's better: Wiping the entire team with an ink strike near the end of the match, or using seekers to rush forward at the beginning and accidentally taking out half the enemy team.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I can't break my roughly 50/50 ratio despite coming in first every match. At first I was mad but then I realized most of the people I'm teamed with are probably literal children trying to have fun with the splat fest. I'm sorry I'm not good enough to carry you little squids :(

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jul 18, 2015

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
The Booyah Rule still holds. In the past four games, I had three teams fail to Booyah back. Each lost by a margin of ~25-65. One team did Booyah back, and we won.

vvv Is that pro- or anti-coaster? :iiam: vvv

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jul 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

• Locked thread