Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

god bless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

I love salty Dave.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

:supaburn:

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

He basically said on one of the shows with Bryan this is how Big Dave Cuts Loose

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

my favorite dave is when he's tearing into busted ring girls for no particular reason

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Dave vs TNA for feud of the decade.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
not that i disagree with the sentiment but i wonder what is dave's deal is with guys walking around with replica belts since he's mentioned it several times

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...

Spermgod posted:

not that i disagree with the sentiment but i wonder what is dave's deal is with guys walking around with replica belts since he's mentioned it several times

Uhh it's lame? And I would assume that as many shows as Dave has been to that he's made a correlation between guys who act like douchebags & guys who walk around with replica belts.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Spermgod posted:

It's the gayest poo poo in the world

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Who the hell actually walks around with replica belts if they're not doing it for a Halloweeen costume?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
i'm not disputing that it just seems like a funny thing to repeatedly bring up out of nowhere :shrug:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

big scott noooooooo

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

epitasis posted:

big scott noooooooo

That Dave Meltzer, what a hoodlum.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

don't dive too deep on big scott it is a mistake i'll forever regret

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Mercury Crusader posted:

Is this Scott fella a real person and not a gimmick account because he seems really awful.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Mercury Crusader posted:

#WhitePride

*retweets video of an Asian lady getting hosed by a black guy*

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Aesop Poprock posted:

It's the gayest poo poo in the world

I'll have you know I beat replica John Cena fair and square.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

dsriggs posted:

#WhitePride

*retweets video of an Asian lady getting hosed by a black guy*

So for the record you're criticizing this man for not being a whole-hog white supremacist

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...

DynamiteKidd posted:

So for the record you're criticizing this man for not being a whole-hog white supremacist

You've got to stand for something or you'll for anything.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Woman is the mark of the world.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Spoony Experiement wrestle mod posted:

There's nothing vile about that. It's business. Calling that vile is on par with calling Pepsi vile for taking up shelf space that RC Cola could be filling. What's vile about being the one guy to generate more wrestlers with the potential to retire with less financial or medical concern than any other promoter in history? ROH wants to play in the big leagues, they're going to need to deal with cut throat poo poo. Why should he have to share? What does he owe a company that is actively striving to be direct competition to him, trying to take a portion of his and all o his employees' potential income?

This isn't kindergarten, guys, it's the real loving world.
In response to the news to WWE loving over ROH when someone replied Vince (which honestly is wrong since its HHH) is a vile person.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

achillesforever6 posted:

In response to the news to WWE loving over ROH when someone replied Vince (which honestly is wrong since its HHH) is a vile person.

I wnt to say that was no leaf but that forum ave been making GBS threads on vince so mush they ret con the CM punk story that everything bad that hapend to punk was Vince's fault.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
This isn't a 'wrestling fan opinion' sreally but I always loved a criticism Lance Storm made of heel AJ styles: "Heels don't need moves." He had this big rant about how heels shouldn't do moves except maybe a DDT because crowds like moves. In Lance Storm's mind, Mr. Pogo was the greatest heel worker of all time.

DynamiteKidd fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jul 19, 2015

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

DynamiteKidd posted:

This isn't a 'wrestling fan opinion' sreally but I always loved a criticism Lance Storm made of heel AJ styles: "Heels don't need moves." He had this big rant about how heels shouldn't do moves except maybe a DDT because crowds like moves. In Lance Storm's mind, Mr. Pogo was the greatest heel worker of all time.

He said "cool" moves. If you want people to boo you, don't do flips, dives, or other high risk poo poo, because it'll get a pop. Lance Storm says a lot of stupid poo poo, but you're the moron here.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
He said "heels don't need moves", that was the line, don't lie to me. Maybe he meant 'cool' moves but that's not what he said.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lance Storm was at times intentionally boring enough that I genuinely could see him saying "gently caress the crowd, who needs moves"

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Also this is a silly fantasy land you're proposing wherein Lance Storm knows how to pop a crowd

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

http://www.stormwrestling.com/012310.html

quote:

I also think AJ as a heel is a terrible idea because most of the appeal of AJ Styles is all the phenomenal stuff he does. AJ does cool poo poo and has great matches, so why would I want to boo him? The answer is I don’t.

What a freakeing maroon!

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Right, that's absolutely what I was talking about, not the time he reviewed Impact with Alvarez and expressed this idea in the form of the line "heels don't need moves"

And of course you only boo or cheer guys based on what moves they do. And AJ should have lovely matches and do lame stuff so we won't like him, I guess. I guess Kevin Owens is just about the worst heel in WWE right now because he does a lot of cool poo poo.

DynamiteKidd fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jul 19, 2015

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

DynamiteKidd posted:

Right, that's absolutely what I was talking about, not the time he reviewed Impact with Alvarez and expressed this idea in the form of the line "heels don't need moves"

And of course you only boo or cheer guys based on what moves they do. And AJ should have lovely matches and do lame stuff so we won't like him, I guess. I guess Kevin Owens is just about the worst heel in WWE right now because he does a lot of cool poo poo.

You seem to be guessing a lot of things here so I'm going to assume you're also guessing about the actual quote and don't remember the context or the meaning.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MagicCube posted:

You seem to be guessing a lot of things here so I'm going to assume you're also guessing about the actual quote and don't remember the context or the meaning.

No he's right, Lance said that exact phrase. I know because it's in the TNA review comps I've listened to a shitload of times.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

No he's right, Lance said that exact phrase. I know because it's in the TNA review comps I've listened to a shitload of times.

OK then can you expand on the context and what he meant because Lance Storm has riled this fellow up so bad he can't be trusted to be impartial.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
I listened to it today, this is the reason I mentioned it in the first place. That's the exact quote, I appreciate what he meant but when he called Bryan to record that Bryan-and-Lance-not-Vinny show he said "Heels don't need moves."

Of course, I'm the fool here because we all know he was right. AJ never got over as a heel because of all the moves he does, just like Daniels or the Young Bucks.

EDIT: I was riled up because you called me a liar, and don't seem to find the idea that 'having great matches is poor heel performance' ("He does cool poo poo and has great matches, why should I want to boo him?") silly. Jay Lethal, it turns out, was a lovely heel all along!

DynamiteKidd fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jul 19, 2015

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The context was the heel (Kaz, I think) getting the heat by doing a really sweet dropkick when his opponent was distracted, when he could have gotten actual heat by doing something that wouldn't have made people cheer.

So when Lance talks about heels not needing to do moves, it is in the context of cool moves. Heels should do dastardly things so you actually care when the babyface makes his comeback.

The things people like about AJ Styles, the things that make him a unique and worthwhile professional wrestler, are really cool moves that will get pops, so he shouldn't be a heel.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

DynamiteKidd posted:

denigrating other races/sexualities/whatever and then getting off to them as sexual objects is probably worse hth

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Avenging_Mikon posted:

He said "cool" moves. If you want people to boo you, don't do flips, dives, or other high risk poo poo, because it'll get a pop. Lance Storm says a lot of stupid poo poo, but you're the moron here.

no actually it's a really stupid loving outdated idea and only makes sense if you haven't watched ROH, NJPW, PWG or a bunch of other modern promotions where heels can have cool moves and still get over as heels. Are you goddamn BIll Watts

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Thank you, jeez. RVD was over as a heel at various points in ECW and he's the original spot monkey. AJ is doing his best work ever as a heel in New Japan. Bad Influence was a great heel team. The Young Bucks are hugely over as heels. Jay Lethal won the board's world champ of the month poll as a heel who 'does cool poo poo and has great matches." Heels also seem to exist in Dragon Gate despite the whole roster being "guys who do a million moves every match"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
This just in: a dropkick is a totally awesome move that pops the crowd when you're a heel. Source: Lance Storm, expert on charisma.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

who is arguing that heels are supposed to have bad matches

sticklefifer posted:

This just in: a dropkick is a totally awesome move that pops the crowd when you're a heel. Source: Lance Storm, expert on charisma.
aj styles and okada have both been heels who pop the crowd with pretty dropkicks so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

sticklefifer posted:

Also if you have great matches you shouldn't be a heel/are a lovely heel

I don't know why we have heels if the best matches would be face-vs-face, since they're the ones who do cool poo poo and have great matches