Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

SA's certificates expired, I think. Problems should go away once they fix that, but I don't know of away around it in Awful unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Fuckin certs man. Set the expiration to 2038 and call it done. :colbert:

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

xzzy posted:

Fuckin certs man. Set the expiration to 2038 and call it done. :colbert:

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

If you long press the title of an embedded YouTube video it pops up two context menus.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I really like Awful; it beats the pants off of the Android app. I have a suggestion, though! If I leave a thread open with the app in the background, and return to it to refresh the thread by dragging upwards, there's often no rhyme or reason as to where the page decides to finish loading into memory. In the Android app, the oldest unread post would always be the breakpoint. Could this be implemented?

Thanks for the app!

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

I can't seem to view all threads in a subforum. I had filter the games sub with 3ds to find something and now it won't revert back to the full thread list.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Posting on Awful on the iOS 9 beta, working well so far!

Just be warned, if you hate the new font they're using, it's here too! ( Why would you hate that font, though?)

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Will there be an Imp Zone stylesheet?

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

I made most (or all? I can't honestly remember) of the existing forum-specific stylesheets and it's unlikely that I'll ever make any more, because it's just a huge pain in the rear end to maintain them all.

Knowing Pokeyman's general attitude towards contributors though, I'm sure that if someone else wants to makes one, he will be happy to include it.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Diabolik900 posted:

I made most (or all? I can't honestly remember) of the existing forum-specific stylesheets and it's unlikely that I'll ever make any more, because it's just a huge pain in the rear end to maintain them all.

Knowing Pokeyman's general attitude towards contributors though, I'm sure that if someone else wants to makes one, he will be happy to include it.

Thank you for enhancing my yospos experience

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Not sure if it's a side effect of iOS 9 or what, but the formatting weirdness of the post counts in the sidebar is fixed.

What I don't know is whether or not it's possible to take the fancy extra paste options (The ones that are for video, url, and such that come after Copy and Paste when you long press) and put them into the fancy new dedicated paste button that iOS 9 added. Are Apple letting people do that?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Diabolik900 posted:

I thank you for your time and any future contributions

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Shake to undo removing a bookmark still immediately crashes the app on my 6+

Edit: to clarify, shaking brings up the dialog box, pressing Undo crashes the app and does not restore the bookmark.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

jivjov posted:

Shake to undo removing a bookmark still immediately crashes the app on my 6+

Edit: to clarify, shaking brings up the dialog box, pressing Undo crashes the app and does not restore the bookmark.

If this isn't fixed already I can look into it tonight.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Can we also maybe get a "are you sure you want to remove" prompt as an option? Maybe I'm just clumsy, but I've had a recurring issue with fumble fingering away bookmarks.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

jivjov posted:

Can we also maybe get a "are you sure you want to remove" prompt as an option? Maybe I'm just clumsy, but I've had a recurring issue with fumble fingering away bookmarks.

It's not just you. I've run into this issue way more often than I'm comfortable with.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Kaethela posted:

It's not just you. I've run into this issue way more often than I'm comfortable with.

Also agreeing with this and am pretty sure this is already on the list as I know I've at least mentioned it before- but can we push it up the list a little further towards the top?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Oh whoops, forgot about this. I'll look into doing both, it shouldn't be too difficult.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
I've got everything up to this point written down, bugs and feature requests both.

In general, any iOS 9-specific stuff (including new keyboard-adjacent menus) I plan on handling only once Awful requires iOS 9 (which will probably happen shortly after iOS 9 ships). In the meantime I'll make sure the current version works acceptably on iOS 9. Of course, if anyone is interested in implementing some iOS 9-specific stuff before then, great!

net cafe scandal posted:

Will there be an Imp Zone stylesheet?

I will happily include such a thing if anyone can provide, but I will not be making one myself.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Have you tried compiling Awful in Xcode 7? I get a few errors about missing initializers (among other things) and I'm not sure if they're bugs in the analyzer or issues we need to fix.

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

Apologies if this has already been asked. I've filtered a forum by tag (PYF) but can't work out how to remove this filter?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Spikey Willow posted:

Apologies if this has already been asked. I've filtered a forum by tag (PYF) but can't work out how to remove this filter?

I'm having this same issue. Not sure if they spotted my post a couple of days.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

glassyalabolas posted:

Well I posted about it in March and got a response!

The filter does eventually go away on it's own though.

Kitten Nightmares
May 15, 2007
look through a faithless eye; are you afraid to die?

For some reason GBS isn't loading the thread lists past page 1 in the app. Pulling up doesn't make more threads show below or load a new page of threads. Works in other main/sub forums though.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Quick question. I'm on a iPhone 5c and for the life of me any figure out how to post pictures. Can anyone help me with this?

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Mr Hootington posted:

Quick question. I'm on a iPhone 5c and for the life of me any figure out how to post pictures. Can anyone help me with this?

Hold your finger down and click the right button thing that appears and press img.

Comatoast
Aug 1, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Nothing of any value to add, but i wanted to say that i love the awful app. Its 99% of the reason I have an iphone. The android version is incomparable.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Athletic Footjob posted:

Hold your finger down and click the right button thing that appears and press img.

Athletic Footjob posted:

I thought I was doing something wrong. It just isn't working for me.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Mr Hootington posted:

I thought I was doing something wrong. It just isn't working for me.

Okay. That’s weird, I just tested it and it worked fine. I decided to take screenshots of each button press to show how it should look. Now, after choosing img instead of giving me from library from camera etc it gives me url img format and video. None of them do anything after selecting from the submenu.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Comatoast posted:

The android version is incomparable.

Can you elaborate on that (beyond like "it crashes all the time")?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Athletic Footjob posted:

If it seems to get stuck in a loop of "img | url | format"->select "img" -> "img | url | format" (again) -> select "img" ->[menu disappears] (especially if you're quoting another post) you'll need to quit the app and restart it so the image posting stuff works again.

I hate that bug

:(

Kaizoku posted:

Okay. That’s weird, I just tested it and it worked fine. I decided to take screenshots of each button press to show how it should look. Now, after choosing img instead of giving me from library from camera etc it gives me url img format and video. None of them do anything after selecting from the submenu.

Yup, that's the bug. Irritating beyond belief. :(

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Kaizoku posted:

Just tried it again and it worked. Just in time.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

carry on then posted:

Have you tried compiling Awful in Xcode 7? I get a few errors about missing initializers (among other things) and I'm not sure if they're bugs in the analyzer or issues we need to fix.

I have not. We'll need to do a big Swift 2 refactoring, and I'm putting that off until focus switches primarily to an iOS 9 release.

Spikey Willow posted:

glassyalabolas posted:

It's on the list, I just haven't taken a look at it yet. You are not forgotten!

Kaizoku posted:

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

If it seems to get stuck in a loop of "img | url | format"->select "img" -> "img | url | format" (again) -> select "img" ->[menu disappears] (especially if you're quoting another post) you'll need to quit the app and restart it so the image posting stuff works again.

I hate that bug

:(

Yup, that's the bug. Irritating beyond belief. :(

Just fixed it.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Nope, I lied, not fixed yet. Will try again.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

ok does this beta fix the menu weirdness?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Maybe I'm dumb but is there a way to jump to a thread? I.e. I've got a url to a thread that's really old and very far down on my bookmarks, but I have the url from the Copy Thread URL button, can I paste it anywhere to go directly to it?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Try leaving and reentering Awful? I think it's supposed to detect a forums URL on your clipboard when you switch into it.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Is a change for handling YouTube links still on the books?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

How should they differ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Well, I can go over it again - when I use the app browser to view YouTube videos, decently often I can't get back out of the video at the end. I have to force close the app and find where I was before. I can use the "open in (browser)" for the links which redirects to the YouTube app (the only thing that hasn't had the same issue since iOS 8's release) but it opens a tab in the browser as well. It's mildly annoying, which is why I didn't bother mentioning it for a while but I was just curious if anything was still planned for it.

I guess I didn't specifically answer your question - I'm just looking for an option to open the links in the YouTube app automatically. Obviously nothing critical.

• Locked thread