Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Having more dps for A1 is a huge, huge boon if you can reduce the amount of jumps from the oppressors. I've heard horror stories of people seeing four jumps. I've only seen two and that was in a PF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

Ignimbrite posted:

There's the Courlregina fedora m'goon

e: joking aside I think the formal wear you can get in Ul'dah across from the aetheryte includes a top hat. I prefer the Maelstrom DoW Allied Seals hat for formal occasions like marriages.

I checked, unfortunately they only sell boots/chest/pants. Good call with the GC helm though, I'm uldah though and theirs doesn't look as good as LL imo.

Settled with the lvl 53 gatherer helm.

e: realized there is a top hat but WVR only :sigh:

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

You see the telegraphs because of your echo, it's backed by lore so your immersion should only be intensified.

:aaa: immersion intensifies

Pews fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jul 18, 2015

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

I'd just like to mention that whoever said the red dot blinks faster depending on your threat lead was full of poo poo

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Ahaha, the journal descriptions for the DRK 35-50 quest line are amazing. You killed them. Well done. Can we go now?

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Opposing Farce posted:

(Also Savage doesn't exist yet and nobody has cleared it.)

I was talking about savage scob but alex savage works fine too

just ban everyone

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

I just resubbed last night after having stopped playing in late September or so. I have monk, white mage, cooking, and mining at 50, and I have no idea where to start over. Is there a page in this thread with a good summary? Also how do I get back in DGKK?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Klades posted:

I'd just like to mention that whoever said the red dot blinks faster depending on your threat lead was full of poo poo

It only blinks on enmity change. I think it's restricted to you hitting it since I don't remember things blinking all that fast in 8 man content when hitting the boss. Regardless the white bars underneath your party member's icons is way better at telling you your enmity lead.

VgameT
Dec 31, 2007

therefore I only muttered "neu"

MohShuvuu posted:

Having more dps for A1 is a huge, huge boon if you can reduce the amount of jumps from the oppressors. I've heard horror stories of people seeing four jumps. I've only seen two and that was in a PF.

I have seen All of the jumps in a DF group, which is to say, we hit the hard enrage and died to Self Destruct with both Oppressors alive :smith:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Kruller posted:

Also how do I get back in DGKK?

Read the OP. You'll find out the rest in FC chat.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Prism posted:

Which gun is that one? I've been using the other bladed gun but that one looks cool.

Storm Lieutenant's Musketoon. 1600ish Allied Seals for the Maelstrom Hunt.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

EponymousMrYar posted:

It only blinks on enmity change. I think it's restricted to you hitting it since I don't remember things blinking all that fast in 8 man content when hitting the boss. Regardless the white bars underneath your party member's icons is way better at telling you your enmity lead.

If the enmity dot is red it blinks at a constant rate that isn't affected by literally anything.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Thyrork posted:

It took me until 50ish to realise the atheryte crystals in major cities are also connected to their smaller networks. :v:

And Robzilla blew my head wide open when he told me at roughly level 30 that mobs aggro you based upon seeing you, so you can sneak around their backs. I just assumed their threat ranges were having some issues with EU lag or something. :suicide:

iirc if it makes sense for the mob to sense you nearby, like if it doesn't have eyes anyway, then they can "see" you even if you run behind them.

but I might be wrong

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Robo Reagan posted:

iirc if it makes sense for the mob to sense you nearby, like if it doesn't have eyes anyway, then they can "see" you even if you run behind them.

but I might be wrong

Yes, some mobs are blind and hear your footsteps so if you walk past them instead of run they can't see you.

Morbols are a prime example IIRC?

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Stormgale posted:

Yes, some mobs are blind and hear your footsteps so if you walk past them instead of run they can't see you.

Morbols are a prime example IIRC?

Salamanders (mudpuppies etc) can see you coming from all directions because they have 6 eyes :eng101:

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Dr Pepper posted:

So, what's the name of that one pianoish song that plays during some cutscenes with the scions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeTbe1g0bIA

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Difference between jobs for DPS is pretty low right now anyway I think.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I played this for awhile last summer and have a level 30 something white mage do I need to buy heavensward if I wanna jump back in, or is that pretty much for cap-level content?

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Those awful jellyfish in that little cove with the Serpent Reavers can be avoided with walking. Makes doing things in that area a lot less horrible.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Is there a way to convert shards -> crystals -> clusters?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Frog Act posted:

I played this for awhile last summer and have a level 30 something white mage do I need to buy heavensward if I wanna jump back in, or is that pretty much for cap-level content?

HW is only necessary for post-2.55 stuff (you might need it to go beyond level 50, I don't remember) or if you want to be an Au Ra so you're good for a while.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

vOv posted:

HW is only necessary for post-2.55 stuff (you might need it to go beyond level 50, I don't remember) or if you want to be an Au Ra so you're good for a while.

Awesome. I saw they added DRK, is it similar to the FFXI version?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Arrgytehpirate posted:

No, nor for the opposite way.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Fister Roboto posted:

No, nor for the opposite way.

that is dumb

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Every town has a tool specially made for that, there's just a random element to how many shards you need per crystal

It's called the market board :v:

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Frog Act posted:

Awesome. I saw they added DRK, is it similar to the FFXI version?

No. It's a tank.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Frog Act posted:

Not having Heavensward will keep you from being the new race, any of the three new jobs, going past level 50 on any job, and in a more abstract sense keeps you from the current "endgame" at max level. The previous 50 "endgame" will be almost entirely depopulated.

All that said, at level 30 depending on how much you'll be playing you have anywhere from 2 weeks to maybe 2 months worth of stuff you'd be able to do before you run out of things and would want to move onto Heavensward anyway. Even accessing any of the expansion content requires going through the main story stuff from post-2.0 content updates which will take as long as running through the original game. Where you are right now I'd definitely not bother getting it and only worry about it when you have a job at 50 and are still wanting to play for awhile.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

I have seen pretty much every way idiots, including myself, can gently caress up A1 that exists and exactly 0 of them have been from having too little VIT.

On A4 I usually offtank and STR helps me kill robots in the photo booth faster and I still have plenty of hp to gobble balls.

Literally nothing in this game requires VIT accessories nor will it until Alex savage. Maybe.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
I think this is just a baseless rumor, but I heard something about SE possibly taking some sort of hardline stance against proxies going forward? Since I kind of need WTFast (or a similar service) to be functional after 8 PM, that would be truly terribly news for me.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Obligatum VII posted:

I think this is just a baseless rumor, but I heard something about SE possibly taking some sort of hardline stance against proxies going forward? Since I kind of need WTFast (or a similar service) to be functional after 8 PM, that would be truly terribly news for me.

Have you tried googling it.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Why on earth would they be against proxies?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Why?

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Obligatum VII posted:

What a strange time for Amazon to run this promotion

Seriously though why would they be against people paying for a service to help them get around networking problems they are unable to solve themselves (because ISPs are cocks)? :confused:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Pews posted:

e: realized there is a top hat but WVR only :sigh:

The crafted redo of the Evenstar hat ditches the card but is still BLM/SMN only.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I'm leveling my first alt class, a DRK, and just had a healer ragequit on me during Stone Vigil because I was "vastly undergeared," which was annoying. I was definitely squishy but outside of a trash pull gone bad it was fine. We then got another healer and I warned him I was a bit undergeared and the rest was fine :colbert:

Game should probably do a better job listing item level for early dungeons though, I dunno. Is there a way to get DRK accessories from vendors or something? He was all mad cause I just have random low-level INT gear on my accessories side, since that's the stuff I got from leveling my BLM, and otherwise those slots would just be empty.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

abraham linksys posted:

I'm leveling my first alt class, a DRK, and just had a healer ragequit on me during Stone Vigil because I was "vastly undergeared," which was annoying. I was definitely squishy but outside of a trash pull gone bad it was fine. We then got another healer and I warned him I was a bit undergeared and the rest was fine :colbert:

Game should probably do a better job listing item level for early dungeons though, I dunno. Is there a way to get DRK accessories from vendors or something? He was all mad cause I just have random low-level INT gear on my accessories side, since that's the stuff I got from leveling my BLM, and otherwise those slots would just be empty.

You can get lvl and job appropriate gear from vendors, but a better bet is ask around your FC for HQ crafted gear. It will last much longer before you have to swap to better gear.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
I forgot how annoying it is to pick up a quest with a higher level, beat the quest and realize you can't turn it in until you are that level.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

flosofl posted:

You can get lvl and job appropriate gear from vendors, but a better bet is ask around your FC for HQ crafted gear. It will last much longer before you have to swap to better gear.

Okay. Should I be getting STR or VIT accessories? Whiny healer babby seemed to imply the latter, but everything I pull up on Google implies the former

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
It doesn't really matter for leveling. Str helps you do more damage/mitigate slightly while Vit lets you take more damage. Accessories are a pain to pick up from vendors post 30 since there's not a lot of jewelers out and about.

Left side gear is most important and likely the main sign of your squishyness. Stone Vigil also rips into you since most of it's trash packs are mean ones so always use the appropriate tank stance, no ifs ands or buts there.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jul 19, 2015

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

abraham linksys posted:

Okay. Should I be getting STR or VIT accessories? Whiny healer babby seemed to imply the latter, but everything I pull up on Google implies the former

Whatever you can easily get your hands on. VIT isn't bad at all for levelling, especially with how much worse healer undergearing can be without a minimum iLvl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

abraham linksys posted:

Please get some levels in marauder and gladiator first so you have some cooldowns to use.

• Locked thread