Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Maple Leaf posted:

Some even have different attributes entirely: for instance, grass effects your character's traction, so the left half of Great Cave Offensive's platform will effect Luigi's movement less than the right half.

wtf i didnt know this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

God forbid skilled players ever have to adapt or learn.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

also not all omegas have wall-jumpable walls. the biggest offenders i can think of are kalos pokemon league and mario galaxy. kalos is especially bad since the normal version's walls can be wall jumped, only the omega version's can't for some reason??

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I don't really understand why banning stages over music licensing is a thing, since the My Music screen lets you take any song in the game out of rotation. You can even turn off all the tracks on a stage so no music plays there at all. It's orders of magnitude easier than the rigamarole they go through for custom moves.

As for omega forms, I figure a reasonable rule would be that if the players decide on FD, any omega stage (or even just a limited selection) could optionally be swapped in for it. I don't get banning them all.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

There's like 50 of them all with minute differences dude gently caress off

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ometeotl posted:

it's not like the only stage allowed is FD

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

I don't really understand why banning stages over music licensing is a thing, since the My Music screen lets you take any song in the game out of rotation. You can even turn off all the tracks on a stage so no music plays there at all. It's orders of magnitude easier than the rigamarole they go through for custom moves.

as i recall nintendo straight up gave them a list of what stages they would allow and which ones they wouldn't. thats not really something you can argue with

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

The only reason omega stages are banned from evo, to my knowledge, is because of some copyright issues with the sonic stage songs.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the regular and Omega versions of the same stage have the same music? This seems like a really frivolous reason to ban stages.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

Supercar Gautier posted:

I don't really understand why banning stages over music licensing is a thing, since the My Music screen lets you take any song in the game out of rotation. You can even turn off all the tracks on a stage so no music plays there at all.

Turning them all off actually means they all have an equal chance of appearing. Putting every song at 0% is the same as putting them all at 100%. The only way to turn the music off is to go into options and turn them off there.

At least, that's how it was in Brawl. I haven't actually tested that in 4.

SL the Pyro posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the regular and Omega versions of the same stage have the same music? This seems like a really frivolous reason to ban stages.

It's not like they only banned the Omega versions... if Windy Hill Zone is banned because of the music, then it's banned no matter what version it is. Not to mention stages like Windy Hill or Kalos aren't tournament-viable anyway.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SL the Pyro posted:

The normal versions of those stages aren't tourney legal anyway.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

These try hards... hmmh. if only they'd do a little learning, gods forbid. Why don't you study your item matchups? And play the entire game.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
The lord will rise again, mark my words

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I've almost finished the challenge board

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I l0ve smash today. Some hype matches in the melee sector. S2j been being a composed man of stone (and nairs) and javi with his one match a year crab hands knocking shroomed to losers . Chudat having the cheesiest grin once he gets his infinite chain grab, leffen harboring the Devils soul and bulldozing all the lessers.. gently caress yeah

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Melee it all over me please

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

bef posted:

I l0ve smash today. Some hype matches in the melee sector. S2j been being a composed man of stone (and nairs) and javi with his one match a year crab hands knocking shroomed to losers . Chudat having the cheesiest grin once he gets his infinite chain grab, leffen harboring the Devils soul and bulldozing all the lessers.. gently caress yeah

Smash 4 was incredible from start to finish.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Bill Trinen was the one hope to defeat Zero. You heard it here folks, I have no doubt that the scarf man is responsible for the assassination of Mr. Iwata.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I could believe it.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wish I was as cool as Esam..I hope Nintendo sponsors him

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
My homeboy aka my h ubby aka the Nintendo world champion JOHN NUM Bers about to kick zeros fat rear end!!!

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
melee top 32

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/smash/EVO_2015/Singles_Bracket

ken... ken made it to winner's bracket?? i read a comment on reddit that said he 3 stocked westballz twice

don't see bizarro flame or kage :(

darkrain and s2j only falcons left though they're in loser's bracket

(apparently wizzrobe had food poisoning)

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

bef posted:

My homeboy aka my h ubby aka the Nintendo world champion JOHN NUM Bers about to kick zeros fat rear end!!!

John numbers ftw

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
SO many last minute stuff happening

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

whalestory posted:

melee top 32

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/smash/EVO_2015/Singles_Bracket

ken... ken made it to winner's bracket?? i read a comment on reddit that said he 3 stocked westballz twice

don't see bizarro flame or kage :(

darkrain and s2j only falcons left though they're in loser's bracket

(apparently wizzrobe had food poisoning)

Lol westballz last week was talking to Wizz all "I'm tired I'm done losing I'm gonna do drat good at Evo" then he gets owned by Ken

Rip to bizzaro and Wizz though. Wizz falcon game so clean

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Reiley posted:

These try hards... hmmh. if only they'd do a little learning, gods forbid. Why don't you study your item matchups? And play the entire game.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I assume it's because if you're about to hit a smash and a bob-omb appears in front of you, there's nothing you can do and losing because of that would be poo poo.

I mean, I still think you should have items, I just understand why you don't. At least we've got custom moves now.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you shouldn't have items

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

unless you actually enjoy video games then you should have items

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Aw Mr R lost to zero

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I feel sorry for the Smash 4 team if they're suddenly about to get messages from kids about why they can't implement a system like the one Capcom is doing for SFV into Smash 4 so that all the DLC characters can be free to everyone.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Little Mac posted:

This man, he gets it. If your actually good you would know how to deal with them....... For Glory, is actually For Babies.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Axe nooo you were supposed to kill the old man

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

you shouldn't have items

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Little Mac posted:

yikes

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Old man Ken still managing to be relevant somehow!!! He's a survivor

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

whalestory posted:

Old man Ken still managing to be relevant somehow!!! He's a survivor

Ken is going to win Evo.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Well...

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm so bad at For Glory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'm so bad at For Glory.

Me too probably because I don't play that sissypants no items final destination crap

Be good at everything in the game or you suck at the game

(GUYS I'm good at Splatoon but I only play Kelp Dome Aerosprays only with no ninja items. I'm the best! )

• Locked thread