Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

pretty great

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

that's pretty great

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

It's good to be king.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
All 3 of my teammates dropped before the match began so I played a 1v4. I got 14 kills and 0 deaths. gently caress yes

I still lost of course because they spent the entire game inking the hell out of everywhere but god drat that was my proudest moment

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So much lag. So few matches actually against the sleepers. But mostly, so much lag.

Two of us were rapid-firing at a roller and he still managed to splat us both individually. Next game had players warping around the map, stuttering, paint not showing up for 15+ seconds, all the signs of lag. How is playing against just European players worse than the times I've been against 7 Japanese people?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Is anyone on team roller coaster having to play against themselves? Over here on team water slide it's been good solid matchmaking all Splatfest.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Let's hope zolthorg didn't pick water slides then

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Tinfoil hay time maybe the game aims to keep it close because I've had 3 straight 3 v 4 games being on the side with 3

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

I think europe is more balanced this time, at least I've had occasional eating vs eating but fairly rarely

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Holy poo poo this has been lagging so bad that the match kept going 10 seconds after it "ended"

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Little_wh0re posted:

I think europe is more balanced this time, at least I've had occasional eating vs eating but fairly rarely

Oh gently caress Sleep is gonna lose from there not being enough. I might actually have to play.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This Splatfest poo poo is loving god awful, what is causing all these connection issues

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I only had one match drop and that was last night. :shrug:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Escobarbarian posted:

Let's hope zolthorg didn't pick water slides then

*solemnly* they loving count those matches

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Sometimes the lag is just absurd. I had a match where I died 3 separate times to a person using the Aerospray that was
- nowhere near within Aerospray range of me
- not even turned in my direction
- didn't register any hits on me, I just exploded for no reason, often several seconds after the person was dead

poo poo is hosed up.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

lag really seems to be janky right now but rather than getting mad i am just playing something else and hoping it gets fixed soon :kiddo:

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

raditts posted:

Sometimes the lag is just absurd. I had a match where I died 3 separate times to a person using the Aerospray that was
- nowhere near within Aerospray range of me
- not even turned in my direction
- didn't register any hits on me, I just exploded for no reason, often several seconds after the person was dead

poo poo is hosed up.

What percentage of your posts are you being salty about the Aerospray?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Holy poo poo game stop putting me on man teams gently caress this is frustrating as all hell. We can literally still be winning but the second I die my entire team seems to crumble and there's no coming back in the final rush.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

TubeStank posted:

lag really seems to be janky right now but rather than getting mad i am just playing something else and hoping it gets fixed soon :kiddo:

Maybe its because it not a holiday this time so now everyone has a chance to play this time in America.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Holy poo poo game stop putting me on man teams gently caress this is frustrating as all hell. We can literally still be winning but the second I die my entire team seems to crumble and there's no coming back in the final rush.

the matchmaking is based on your k/d ratio

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Goddamn do I love the Splatfest last minute song.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
haha losers, look at the picture of the rollercoaster and look at the picture of the waterslide and tell me which one of those is for bitches

Jazama
Oct 5, 2013
Today is really laggy. A bunch of times I had games where I exploded a second after splatting someone. One particularly extreme moment was when the person who got me was barely spawning, meaning it took the game several seconds to register me getting hit On the other hand, there was a couple of times where I got a message saying that I splatted someone when I am no where near anyone. After about six disconnects in a row, I am taking a break.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Silentman0 posted:

What percentage of your posts are you being salty about the Aerospray?

...none? :confused: I use it a lot and like it, although using it feels like cheating sometimes. Now the lag, I bitch about that all the time.

I'm trying out different loadouts over Splatfest. I've been trying the regular-rear end Splattershot and it's refreshing to outrange people a lot after mostly sticking to short-range weapons.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jarogue posted:

Maybe its because it not a holiday this time so now everyone has a chance to play this time in America.

I would think the holiday made it easier for most people to play. Not all day, sure, but it's 24 drat hours long.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

pokeyman posted:

Goddamn do I love the Splatfest last minute song.

I like how at the end it sounds like it's saying "zommmbies, zommmmbies in helllllllllllllll"

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Trent posted:

I would think the holiday made it easier for most people to play. Not all day, sure, but it's 24 drat hours long.

Stresses the hell out of the servers though.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Escobarbarian posted:

Stresses the hell out of the servers though.

Well, sure, but I was responding to the idea that the holiday made people not have time to play games, which I found an odd notion

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Well it was Independence Day so presumably lots of people went to gatherings and got drunk instead of spending their time indoors playing a video game

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
What a fools

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I just got up to Waterslide King. For some reason it feels like it happened a lot faster than last Splatfest, but then again I think I got aboard a lot more good teams this time around in between connection errors.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Spending time with your family is a good use of a national holiday.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

20 points away from king/queen and suddenly connection errors nonstop or matches that are 3 vs 4 :allears:

gently caress this splatfest.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

20 points away from king/queen and suddenly connection errors nonstop or matches that are 3 vs 4 :allears:

gently caress this splatfest.

Whoa! This guy is NOT being cool.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

fresh, the term is fresh

get it right

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
I've had a lot of great teams between connection errors.

So all of them lasted the one round.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

codenameFANGIO posted:

ThisIsAMadGuy

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think the whole connection thing would be a lot less annoying if matchmaking was as fast as usual instead of taking forever. The continue screen coming up after the results screen is taking a long time for me too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

whaley posted:

What a fools

• Locked thread