Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I said horse doovers once and got thoroughly laughed at by everyone in the room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Anyone who didn't initially pronounce as chah meeleon as a child is a liar or spaceman.

quote:

[My Niece] and I were out at lunch when she told me a story about her Saturday night.

She and some friends were out celebrating at a local bar. While she was at the bar getting a drink, some skeezy guy approached her and asked for her number. When she said no, he upped the pressure more and more, telling her she had nice tits, she was 'perfect blowjob height' and she looked like she 'had the tightest pussy short of a 12 year old.'

By this point, I was raging. I wanted to find this piece of poo poo and turn his entrails into extrails. But it was fine. She escaped with her drinks to a table with her friends, and as the night wore on, he kept approaching them and getting more and more threatening, like being turned down made him need to show off. He said they were nerds and losers, and none of them could do poo poo if he decided to rape her. He said he said 'I could just pick you up, carry you out that door, smash up your oval office (language, kid! You can't fuckin' swear like that!), and dump her somewhere, and you couldn't stop me.' My niece is 18, 5 foot nothing, and looks like a kid.

She said "Tell you what. You pick me up and take me out of here, and you can have me." He tried to grab her, and she wrecked him, totally and utterly. Made him hurt bad, and sent him on his way.

Incidentally, the reason for the lunch and the celebration? She'd just for another black belt rank in her martial art.

So proud of my little niece!

tl;dr: ninja niece gets threatened with rape, wrecks rear end in a top hat!

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
When a guy says you have 'the tightest pussy short of a 12 year old,' you need to call the police.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
When I worked in retail tech support this 15 year old girl who was trying to help her mother or grandmother set up her iPod was pronouncing sync as "syne-ss". I felt really bad so I just carefully slipped in the correct pronunciation but she was visibly embarrassed :(

Content: TiTP rarely fails to deliver.

I wish my doctor would give me a bs history lesson every time I went. That doctor must never have gone to school, otherwise he would know that there were no loving potatoes in North America then. In fact, potatoes weren't planted in the U.S. until almost 100 years later.

I have no idea why that is the part that bothers me most.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Thin Privilege posted:

I wish my doctor would give me a bs history lesson every time I went. That doctor must never have gone to school, otherwise he would know that there were no loving potatoes in North America then. In fact, potatoes weren't planted in the U.S. until almost 100 years later.

I have no idea why that is the part that bothers me most.

Well obviously they only had the potatoes they had brought with them, so they needed to ration them carefully. :colbert:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Actually it's ah-nah-ma

I say it *fart* *belch* *vomit* but that's just me.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Postal Parcel posted:

When a guy says you have 'the tightest pussy short of a 12 year old,' you need to call the police.

I've had guys who try to use this or similar on me or women around me. They think they're being quirky and zany, when in actuality they come off as... well, a paedophile.

It usually works as a great "steer well clear of this creepazoid" early warning alert.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I've had guys who try to use this or similar on me or women around me. They think they're being quirky and zany, when in actuality they come off as... well, a paedophile.

It usually works as a great "steer well clear of this creepazoid" early warning alert.

I just don't understand the logic as a pick up tactic. Why would anyone (who wasn't a pedophile, we'll add that qualifier) want to bring 12 year olds up in any conversation regarding sex unless it was that they DIDN'T want to have it and were afraid of eventually having one.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I always tell women they are loose like a blown out 18 wheeler tire so no one thinks I'm a creeper.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

sweeperbravo posted:

I just don't understand the logic as a pick up tactic. Why would anyone (who wasn't a pedophile, we'll add that qualifier) want to bring 12 year olds up in any conversation regarding sex unless it was that they DIDN'T want to have it and were afraid of eventually having one.

In at least a couple of cases they were absolute nerds who had only ever been to all-boy schools, and university or a job was literally the first place they'd been where they were able to openly interact sexually with girls. So they hadn't learnt that making "jokes" about impregnating you, comparing you to a child, or "I like my coffee like I like my women - ground up and stored in the freezer" was, uhhh, not actually funny and really kind of creepy.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Redditor spotted

Either that or a shoe salesman in the midst of a joke, but I don't see Al Bundy around here

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Sentient Data posted:

Redditor spotted

Either that or a shoe salesman in the midst of a joke, but I don't see Al Bundy around here

Just an Australian :v: We use the UK spelling here. Or at least I do.

Marxism
Feb 14, 2012
When I'm in public and have to say the word meme I deliberately mispronounce it so I can publicly humiliate anyone who corrects me for being a massive nerd, but then they always come back with something so incredibly clever or funny that I am the one embarrassed. A lot of the time any women in the vicinity start showing obvious and immediate signs of being attracted to my intended victim. Sometimes when It happens in public people actually applaud my intended victim for his Wit and Skill with Words (the weapon of the civilized man). I just wish I could play football, listen to pop music, victimize guys who like math, and be a terrible boyfriend to my shy Manic Pixie Girlfriend in peace.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

In at least a couple of cases they were absolute nerds who had only ever been to all-boy schools, and university or a job was literally the first place they'd been where they were able to openly interact sexually with girls. So they hadn't learnt that making "jokes" about impregnating you, comparing you to a child, or "I like my coffee like I like my women - ground up and stored in the freezer" was, uhhh, not actually funny and really kind of creepy.

Buy Hannibal Brand Coffee

It's so fresh, you'll swear you ground up her body yourself!

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Postal Parcel posted:

Buy Hannibal Brand Coffee

It's so fresh, you'll swear you ground up her body yourself!

Not the worst serial killer crush to come out of tumblr. (Those would be the numerous actual IRL serial killer fetishists.)

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Who the gently caress is putting their coffee in the freezer, is what I wanna know.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Actually it's ah-nah-ma
bah-dee-bidippi

MindlessHavok posted:

What? Is this just one of those "never heard it pronounced" before or did they have some dumb reason for pronouncing it that way? You say 'they' like there's more than one person doing it.
Yep, it's a couple. And who knows. Smart folks but they, uh, have a few blind spots.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
"animated jiffs"

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Each frame lasts 1/100 of a secon which is called a Jiffy - I will forever stand by jif being the correct pronunciation and the use of "graphical" being a reverse-found acronym that amounts to little more than a written pun :colbert:

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Byzantine posted:

Who the gently caress is putting their coffee in the freezer, is what I wanna know.

Makes storing ground coffee pretty easy

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Shame on anybody not hand grinding their beans right before making

SHAME

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
shame on anybody who doesn't have Enrique grind their coffee with his glutes

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Realtalk grinding your own coffee tastes better and is more economical because it takes like a month for whole bean to go bad, so you can just5 buy those those huge bags once a month.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

ElGroucho posted:

Shame on anybody not hand grinding their beans right before making

SHAME

I have an automatic burr grinder that does all the work for me. Perfect grind every time. :smug:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Verisimilidude posted:

I have an automatic burr grinder that does all the work for me. Perfect grind every time. :smug:

Are you posting from inside the freezer that you store your coffee in

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Decrepus posted:

Are you posting from inside the freezer that you store your coffee in

I don't freeze my coffee ew

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I make my coffee at a 0.055 to 1 coffee:water ratio at exactly 200 F and roast my beans every weekend on my garage with a dog bowl and heat gun and if you're not doing this then I don't even know what you're drinking.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
what i do is i have enrique drink my coffee for me and then i drink his piss and all the rest of you are loving scrubs git gud at coffee losers

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Boris Galerkin posted:

I make my coffee at a 0.055 to 1 coffee:water ratio at exactly 200 F and roast my beans every weekend on my garage with a dog bowl and heat gun and if you're not doing this then I don't even know what you're drinking.

200 f is too hot pleb

180 for lyfe

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Sentient Data posted:

Each frame lasts 1/100 of a secon which is called a Jiffy - I will forever stand by jif being the correct pronunciation and the use of "graphical" being a reverse-found acronym that amounts to little more than a written pun :colbert:

Not all acronyms are pronounced based on the pronunciation of the words anyway. SCUBA isn't pronounced scubba. Soft-G gif for life.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

NESguerilla posted:

Realtalk grinding your own coffee tastes better and is more economical because it takes like a month for whole bean to go bad, so you can just5 buy those those huge bags once a month.

...coffee can go bad?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Byzantine posted:

...coffee can go bad?

Coffee beans have oils and can go rancid. It won't kill you but you'll think twice about drinking it again.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

There is no way this isn't parody. If you can prove this was posted in all seriousness as a thing that happened, and not making fun of stdh'ers, I'll eat my hatpizza.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Poe's Law

I do like the idea of the guy hiding between the wall and vending machine though

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

EmmyOk posted:

Poe's Law

I do like the idea of the guy hiding between the wall and vending machine though

He has the dimensions of Flats Flounder from Spongebob

Everblight posted:

There is no way this isn't parody. If you can prove this was posted in all seriousness as a thing that happened, and not making fun of stdh'ers, I'll eat my hatpizza.

This though. Yet even though I know it's parody it still makes me make the same flat annoyed face as I do when I read stdh that's really trying to convince.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

EmmyOk posted:

Poe's Law

I liked a woman eating whole slices of pizza for fifteen minutes.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

I thought the most unbelievable part of that story was that a gym would be giving out pizza while people work out but apparently that's completely true :psyduck:

What kind of lovely gym is that?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I imagined that guy being one of those twins from the old Family Guy episodes that talk old timey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Spalec posted:

I thought the most unbelievable part of that story was that a gym would be giving out pizza while people work out but apparently that's completely true :psyduck:

What kind of lovely gym is that?

Planet Fitness's business model apparently relies on marketing most heavily to people that will sign up for a full year on January 2nd, go once, and fail at their resolutions. I'm guessing that kind.

• Locked thread