Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Holy poo poo Drugged Fox vs. Leffen is crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

yeah it's on the second evo stream right now and it's real good

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Now it's darkrain falcon time on srkevo3

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Now it's s2j falcon time on srkevo3

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

whalestory posted:

Now it's s2j falcon time on srkevo3

Hope my boy kicked some furry rear end! Animal cruelty ftw

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

seeing melee in action.... well, i'd rather play project m.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Less go javi

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Trent posted:

Me too probably because I don't play that sissypants no items final destination crap

Be good at everything in the game or you suck at the game

(GUYS I'm good at Splatoon but I only play Kelp Dome Aerosprays only with no ninja items. I'm the best! )

With items or without items I will beat the poo poo out of you in smash

I still don't want items

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Melee had the best item selection. Brawl has too many small ball-shaped things, and 4's assist trophies and pokeballs are too disruptive.

4 is still my favorite game though.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ppmd!!!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TheKingofSprings posted:

With items or without items I will beat the poo poo out of you in smash
Quite possibly.

TheKingofSprings posted:

I still don't want items

Yeah, I get it different strokes and all that, I just think crazy items and crazy stages and 3+ players are what makes smash smash rather than just another fighting game.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

FactsAreUseless posted:

Melee had the best item selection. Brawl has too many small ball-shaped things, and 4's assist trophies and pokeballs are too disruptive.

4 is still my favorite game though.

I do have the smokebomb, assist trophies and master balls currently off, as well as the beehive and windthingy*. I'm experimenting, but I like it this way so far.

*this one because one of my friends whines about it incessantly and it's just not worth it

The Bloop fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jul 19, 2015

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Trent posted:

Yeah, I get it different strokes and all that, I just think crazy items and crazy stages and 3+ players are what makes smash smash rather than just another fighting game.
that makes no sense though, even with those things removed smash plays completely differently from any other fighting game

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

that makes no sense though, even with those things removed smash plays completely differently from any other fighting game

All fighting game engines are different, but still a variation on jump, attack, special attack, block, throw. I mean, yes it's different from SF but so is any non-capcom engine.
Items and stages makes it feel like smash should feel. to me.

And to the designers of the game since they put that stuff in there and the default is ON

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
it's still much more radically different from any other fighting game

honestly the crazy items are just annoying after you get over the "lol so random" phase

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

When you play with no items, what you say to the Developer is "I know your game, better than you do". You cut it to pieces.... no items... no chaotic stages..... how can you even call that Smash

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ppmd! :twitchfatguyOface:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

whalestory posted:

it's still much more radically different from any other fighting game

honestly the crazy items are just annoying after you get over the "lol so random" phase

lol I guess I'm still on that phase even though I've played buttloafs of smash since the 64 lol

(also everything I don't like is childish and immature lol)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Trent posted:

All fighting game engines are different, but still a variation on jump, attack, special attack, block, throw
have you even played a fighting game before

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Reiley posted:

Wno chaotic stages..... how can you even call that Smash

I do really hate Ridley and that fucker from Megaman because they take over the stage for far too long. Stage bosses are the new tripping

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

no, never ever

You got me

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that explains a lot, thank you for being honest.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Endorph posted:

I haven't.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Trent posted:

All fighting game engines are different, but still a variation on jump, attack, special attack, block, throw. I mean, yes it's different from SF but so is any non-capcom engine.
Items and stages makes it feel like smash should feel. to me.

And to the designers of the game since they put that stuff in there and the default is ON

Please don't troll us we are very sensitive about our special " Fighting" game

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

that explains a lot, thank you for being honest.

You got the answer your question deserved, all right!

I've owned fighting games since [all 3] Street Fighters on SNES and MK2, and have played most of the big important ones since then, too! You know, like Clay Fighter, Killer Instinct, and Weaponlord.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

I tried sf4 and I felt very constrained that I couldn't run around. Not as good as smash

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

probably for the better

Trent posted:

You got the answer your question deserved, all right!

I've owned fighting games since [all 3] Street Fighters on SNES and MK2, and have played most of the big important ones since then, too! You know, like Clay Fighter, Killer Instinct, and Weaponlord.
i don't understand, why are you changing your answer? methinks this is a fabrication.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I just bought SF4 on the steam sale this weekend, and I'd like some recommendations for who to main. The only characters I know and like through watching VGCW are Dan Hibiki and Zangief, so let's start from there.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

play hakan

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It's a SF game, so Ken. You should play Ken.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Learn The Fundamentals With Ryu My Friend. That's My Opinions!

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

mabels big day posted:

I just bought SF4 on the steam sale this weekend, and I'd like some recommendations for who to main. The only characters I know and like through watching VGCW are Dan Hibiki and Zangief, so let's start from there.

Pick Rufus

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

mabels big day posted:

ryu is good and fun and forces you to learn the basics to get any wins

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Also let us not talk about street fighter in this pure smash thread this beautiful smash

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

ryu is good and fun and forces you to learn the basics to get any wins

sounds really lame. i'll play as zangief or the oil guy.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

mabels big day posted:

gotta learn how to walk before you can run

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
alternatively you should begin your fighting game training with toribash

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Rest in peace, s2j. FUckin hell

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

mabels big day posted:

Zangief is the oily dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Trent posted:

I do have the smokebomb, assist trophies and master balls currently off, as well as the beehive and windthingy*. I'm experimenting, but I like it this way so far.

*this one because one of my friends whines about it incessantly and it's just not worth it

The wind bellows is the worst item, you should be proud of yourslef for turning it off.

• Locked thread