Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Another one, this time from Yglesias.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mr Hootington posted:

Just a fat, white guy.

My God, the perfect camouflage

He's like a chameleon

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
And done. I'm drinking when I get home. It almost killed me.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Mr Hootington posted:

Thank you for your service and not getting captured and imprisoned like a coward.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Chokes McGee posted:

My God, the perfect camouflage

He's like a chameleon

That would be the costume I'd wear...if I were a giant owl.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Mr Hootington posted:

Thanks for putting up with the bullshit. We appreciate the posts!

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012

Internet Webguy posted:

Thank you for your service and not getting captured and imprisoned like a coward.

Mr. Hootington is a true American hero.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

AsInHowe posted:

That would be the costume I'd wear...if I were a giant owl.

But you're not.

Or are you

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Dammit Trump, you had ONE job. To last until you were at least in two or three debates. Seriously? You blow your cover as a gimmick/troll poster one week into this thing?

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

What question did you ask?

Not watching currently

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Zwabu posted:

Dammit Trump, you had ONE job. To last until you were at least in two or three debates. Seriously? You blow your cover as a gimmick/troll poster one week into this thing?

Don't worry, people are eating this poo poo up.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Zwabu posted:

Lol, you think the folk with Purple Heart band aids aren't tripping over themselves to get some of that yoog Trump cock?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

The thing is, Trump has given all the clowncar candidates (including the Big 3 Clowns) common ground and a ready made attack against him they can use to score easy points against him in the first debate. This was bound to happen sooner or later but it's way too drat soon for Trump to build up the momentum he needs to really run this poo poo into the ground. Now if he were smart like a typical politician he'd come up with some apology and indicate his great respect for the nation's POWs etc. to defuse the situation before the debate, but he's Trump, so of course not.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Bernie supporters are really starting to tick me off. Just saw some ignorant rear end white last posting to him "apologizing on behalf of liberals" for the "extremist" #blacklivesmatter protestors. Already have to deal with misogynistic Democrats who only picked him because he's the best hope of not Hillary, now have to deal with casually racist supporters too.

Starting to feel like Bernie supporters who just like his policies and firebrand approach best like myself are the minority to jackasses like this lady.

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Zwabu posted:

The thing is, Trump has given all the clowncar candidates (including the Big 3 Clowns) common ground and a ready made attack against him they can use to score easy points against him in the first debate. This was bound to happen sooner or later but it's way too drat soon for Trump to build up the momentum he needs to really run this poo poo into the ground. Now if he were smart like a typical politician he'd come up with some apology and indicate his great respect for the nation's POWs etc. to defuse the situation before the debate, but he's Trump, so of course not.

Trump invites the attack. It is now Trump vs. The Rest Of You Losers. They can get on the bandwagon, but it's a big group of losers against the TRUMP

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

greatn posted:

Bernie supporters are really starting to tick me off. Just saw some ignorant rear end white last posting to him "apologizing on behalf of liberals" for the "extremist" #blacklivesmatter protestors. Already have to deal with misogynistic Democrats who only picked him because he's the best hope of not Hillary, now have to deal with casually racist supporters too.

Starting to feel like Bernie supporters who just like his policies and firebrand approach best like myself are the minority to jackasses like this lady.

That's incredible and we'd all love to learn more about your Facebook friends and Twitter buddies. Any updates would make a great post here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3731513&pagenumber=7

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Vox Nihili posted:

That's incredible and we'd all love to learn more about your Facebook friends. Any updates would make a great post here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3731513&pagenumber=7

Alternatively, go gently caress yourself.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
What is your problem with her exactly?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
i don't have any problem with her. She's my #2 choice. lovely Bernie supporters are more and more pushing me away from him and towards her though.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

greatn posted:

Alternatively, go gently caress yourself.

Guys, I just saw a Hillary fan tweeting #alllivesmatter. Getting real sick of these bigots and their bigoted candidate.

More updates as they arrive.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

greatn posted:

i don't have any problem with her. She's my #2 choice. lovely Bernie supporters are more and more pushing me away from him and towards her though.

gently caress Bernie, let's talk about Trump :nallears:

site has made a nice but mostly bad thread to keep that kind of petty poo poo there hth

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Is Christie there?

Also, which candidate's going to step up for John McCain's honor by pulling off Trump's toupee?

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

greatn posted:

Why were you mad about the facebook post?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Lastgirl posted:

gently caress Bernie, let's talk about Trump :nallears:

Trump is awesome and I think he handled his McCain gaffe perfectly. Anyone who tries to call him out on it further he's going to say how they've aligned themselves with the liberal media in taking him out of context and ask what did they do for veterans when they were in office. It's gonna be glorious.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Check out the comment section here to see how Trump's base is responding to his latest hosed up gaffe (is there a word/reference that means "ultra-gaffe?" gaffe doesn't really seem to go far enough here):

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/07/18/trump-mccain-a-war-hero-because-he-was-captured-i-like-people-who-werent/#disqus_thread

Comparisons between Kerry and Trump abound. "Someone had to say it." Etc.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Miltank posted:

Why were you mad about the facebook post?

I'm not gonna talk about it further here cause I don't want to further derail.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
:sbahj: The pure, unfiltered hatred from those comments is really something. Now if only these fuckers would start donating instead of just talking on the internet...

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

greatn posted:

Trump is awesome and I think he handled his McCain gaffe perfectly. Anyone who tries to call him out on it further he's going to say how they've aligned themselves with the liberal media in taking him out of context and ask what did they do for veterans when they were in office. It's gonna be glorious.

I can't see graham not hitting him over this if only because he's McCain's stand-in.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I can't see graham not hitting him over this if only because he's McCain's stand-in.

Graham's hand would shatter against Trump's manly jaw. Trump would just stand there as Graham is wheeled out and gain 5 points in the polls.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

greatn posted:

Graham's hand would shatter against Trump's manly jaw. Trump would just stand there as Graham is wheeled out and gain 5 points in the polls.

In Trump's brain, this is how the entire campaign plays out.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
In Trump's mind he can just verbally behead each opposing candidate and take their support for his own, like he's the Highlander.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Also it's hilarious for the republican party to talk about disrespecting McCain after what Bush and Rove did in 2000. Trump should have just implied McCain has bastard black baby then he'd be fine.

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.
Also, um, Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.

Let the GOP wallow in this own mud and poo poo they created.

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
As soon as I heard the quote, I figured Trump had finally shot himself in the foot, but my god, the base is eating it up. :stonk:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

discoukulele posted:

As soon as I heard the quote, I figured Trump had finally shot himself in the foot, but my god, the base is eating it up. :stonk:

He can do no wrong! He's cutting the crap! Americans are fed up with the dodging and milquetoast responses and want a strong brave American man who can speak his mind! Like a real American!

We're not here to talk about Donald Trump's tone! We're here to talk about real issues and real talk!

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.
Honestly? What if Trump said n***ers on stage?

I am curious, is he this impervious?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

DutchDupe posted:

You know the answer to this.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

DutchDupe posted:

They would give him a standing ovation because "they get to say it but not us and The Dawnald has the Bawls to say it because he's not a coward"

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

DutchDupe posted:

Which way, outright calling normal black people niggers or "quoting" "the blacks" when they "self-reference" as "niggas", because poo poo I think he'd get away with the second one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

DutchDupe posted:

At this point, probably. So far he's taken what the GOP says in whispers behind closed doors and gone down Main Street yelling it at full volume with an accompanying marching band. And people love him for it.

Hell, pulling off that kind of stunt would probably see him get a bump in the polls for "telling it like it is"

• Locked thread