Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Also don't play Borderlands DLC if you hate backtracking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Yeah, that crippled General Knoxx's DLC, you had to drive for ages to get anywhere, and frequently quests would take you from one side of the area to the other so you'd be driving for 10 minutes and the Lance would frequently block the roads so you had to detour around them, wasting more time.

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

orcane posted:

Also don't play Borderlands DLC if you hate backtracking.

Quit and reload. Boom.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
That's the easy part of "single fast travel station in each DLC", now you're back in the middle and every time you return you get another quest sending you to a corner of the DLC map. Have fun.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

I miss Mr. Blake and his tie.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Blake is still alive during BL2 and presumably after, so you might see him again.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

AirRaid posted:

Blake is still alive during BL2 and presumably after, so you might see him again.

He's probably caught up in the post Jack power struggle Hyperion is experiencing, Tales mentions a lot of Hyperion execs are gunning for the top seat, which is currently vacant.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
anyone willing to play through UVHM in the presequel on PC? got a level 50 claptrap here

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

anyone willing to play through UVHM in the presequel on PC? got a level 50 claptrap here

Are you willing to get me through that "Let the turrets kill scavs" mission in TVHM? It sort of made me stop playing (Because I'm Aurelia with a bunch of defensive counter attacks and I can't be arsed to changing my skills)

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Morter posted:

Are you willing to get me through that "Let the turrets kill scavs" mission in TVHM? It sort of made me stop playing (Because I'm Aurelia with a bunch of defensive counter attacks and I can't be arsed to changing my skills)

i can certainly try and hope that i won't accidentally murder them all. steam account name is protowizard

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Judge Tesla posted:

He's probably caught up in the post Jack power struggle Hyperion is experiencing, Tales mentions a lot of Hyperion execs are gunning for the top seat, which is currently vacant.

Blake always appeared to me to be the sort smart enough to keep himself out of the top spot and thus off the target list, while still being close enough to wheedle his way into getting whatever he wants.

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007
After playing it through at release, I'm replaying the Pre-sequel with a couple of friends from the beginning. I'm the Doppelganger while my friends are playing Nisha and Aurelia (hogging the contract Aurelia has between themselves, bastards, I'll show them).

Looking at the skill-trees for Jack, all the trees look fun. For those who have tried him out, how clunky (if at all) does the Free Enterprise tree feel? It's giving me anarchy-stack vibes that Gaige had in BL2, which I had a lot of fun with. I'm also rather curious about the "Inspire" skill in The Hero of this Story tree, how does it work?

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Inspire does nothing but give inspirational quotes every few minutes. That's it. If you die, it gives a disappointed quote.

It's funny for a while.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Lamquin posted:

After playing it through at release, I'm replaying the Pre-sequel with a couple of friends from the beginning. I'm the Doppelganger while my friends are playing Nisha and Aurelia (hogging the contract Aurelia has between themselves, bastards, I'll show them).

Looking at the skill-trees for Jack, all the trees look fun. For those who have tried him out, how clunky (if at all) does the Free Enterprise tree feel? It's giving me anarchy-stack vibes that Gaige had in BL2, which I had a lot of fun with. I'm also rather curious about the "Inspire" skill in The Hero of this Story tree, how does it work?

Absolute Advantage with 11 points and the biggest, baddest, most badass and inaccurate Jacobs shotgun is almost game breaking as you continuously shoot a furious wall of lead. To get 11 points, you'll want a CEO of CEO mod that will give you additional points in Synergy which gives you bonus weapon and critical hit damage. With the Leadership skill, you can summon and quickly recall the Digi-Jacks to trigger AA and your other kill skills (which the Doppleganger has a lot of really good ones) so you can enter a fight in your prime.

This is what I run with.
http://thepresequel.com/Jack/50510110000000550505005151550510005001

For gear in addition to the big Jacobs shotgun and the CEO mod, you'll want a good nova shield to make the most of You Have My Shield and some Maliwan weapons in your element of choice and a Torgue weapon to take advantage of Sponsered By... Winning is optional if you want to take advantage of roid shields.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Do Gaige and Krieg not get personal echo recorders, or am I missing something?

The environments in Pre-Sequel have been pretty sparse so far, and jetpack platforming is a lot more frustrating than I was hoping.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Their pre-game story was laid out in Youtube videos IIRC. Echo recorders are only for the classes available in the vanilla version of the game.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Rinkles posted:

The environments in Pre-Sequel have been pretty sparse so far, and jetpack platforming is a lot more frustrating than I was hoping.

I remember it being frustrating at first and by the end of the campaign I was bouncing around and always in control (except for one annoying section). Second playthrough all the stuff I found frustrating at the beginning was just second nature.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Gravy Jones posted:

I remember it being frustrating at first and by the end of the campaign I was bouncing around and always in control (except for one annoying section). Second playthrough all the stuff I found frustrating at the beginning was just second nature.

I'm playing the Handsome Collection BL2 and I keep forgetting I can't butt slam people. I quite miss it in that game.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Rinkles posted:

Do Gaige and Krieg not get personal echo recorders, or am I missing something?

You might be missing one of the best DLC trailers ever made -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6chxuovrbCI

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I decided to revisit Pre-Sequel last night. Maybe this was the result of some patches, but Deadlift was a lot less of a pain this time around. I only died once, and it was because there wasn't anybody available for me to Second Wind off of.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
So that save editor that I got recommended a few posts back, is anything you can do with that thing kosher and unlikely to get me banned from Steam? Kinda want to play around with a high level character in Pre Sequel but playing through the whole game again to do it is not so appealing so was going to bust it up a bit (pretty sure that's an option anyway).

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

thebardyspoon posted:

So that save editor that I got recommended a few posts back, is anything you can do with that thing kosher and unlikely to get me banned from Steam? Kinda want to play around with a high level character in Pre Sequel but playing through the whole game again to do it is not so appealing so was going to bust it up a bit (pretty sure that's an option anyway).

There's literally no anti-cheat stuff for Borderlands on Steam. You're just editing your save files, anyway.

The only thing that isn't "kosher" would be black weapons, which are weapons made by combining illegal parts in the save editor and forcing the game to make them work. But you'd really have to go out of your way to do that.
And even then, I don't think Gearbox cares about that.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Is it me, or is Badassasaurus an awful boss fight?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Rinkles posted:

It *is* better than Jackenstein, you've got to give it that.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Rinkles posted:

Not just you it's terrible.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Rinkles posted:

The rear end in a top hat who decided that any enemy in the entire game at all should be resistant to normal-type damage should be fired out of a cannon to saturn where he can never touch another video game again

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
As the handsome and rugged Axton who has worked hard climbing to the top of the lists in a battle of hypermasculinity on Monster Truck Planet, I engage Badassasaurus--the penultimate avatar of machismo--by hiding behind a jersey barrier and sacrificing turrets to it until slowly, agonizingly, it collapses in exhaustion and dies. Rivers have carved canyons through the bitter earth at a faster pace. Mr. Torgue white-knuckles the railings and screams a guitar solo into his headset until blood literally spurts from his lips and his vocal cords snap.

Ayatollah Hermione
Apr 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Father Wendigo posted:

It *is* better than Jackenstein, you've got to give it that.

No I don't. Badassasaurus has no small baddies to second wind off of. At least it's possible to solo Jackenstein without cheesing it like a bitch from behind the one barrier on the whole map.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Badassasaurus is a lot less terrible if you fight it with Torgue weapons like they probably wanted you to. The slower projectile speed means you can dodge the reflected bullets WAY easier as long as you keep moving. His dumb AOE attacks and the crit spots on his back which don't get explosed if you're on your own are kinda bullshit though.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

AirRaid posted:

Badassasaurus is a lot less terrible if you fight it with Torgue weapons like they probably wanted you to. The slower projectile speed means you can dodge the reflected bullets WAY easier as long as you keep moving. His dumb AOE attacks and the crit spots on his back which don't get explosed if you're on your own are kinda bullshit though.

The legendary Torgue grenade mods are where it is at for Badassasaurus. A Bonus Package is useful enough but a longbow one with a short fuse makes the fight almost unfair. Just throw it in front of him with the right timing so that it goes off directly under him and every child and grandchild bomblet deals full damage. Repeat until dead. If you are feeling really cheesy do it from the barriers at the entrance where you can just run and grab some more grenades from the machine when you run out.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

General advice for Anarchy with Mechromancer? (I'm level 20 something. Changing trees because Deathtrap kept stealing my partner's Krieg FFYL kills)

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

General advice for Anarchy with Mechromancer? (I'm level 20 something. Changing trees because Deathtrap kept stealing my partner's Krieg FFYL kills)

- it should go without saying but put all 5 points into close enough to compensate for the accuracy loss
- invest in preshrunk cyberpunk all the way too
- blood soaked shields is a wickedly good skill and should be invested in, you can use cooking up trouble to regenerate health with a full clip, and if your gun reloads every shot (like jakobs shotguns do) you will always regenerate health
- robot rampage is one of deathtraps better skills and is worth the point imo
- annoyed android can be ignored, deathtrap moves fast enough as it is and there's better skills to spend points on
- typecast iconoclast is also pretty good but it doesn't need to be maxed out, the points can go elsewhere if you can't spare them
- rational anarchist helps get the ball rolling but it's not essential
- discord is essential, so that you don't lose stacks if you accidentally reload and also to help with bosses that are hard to hit. it can also be used to reduce stacks if the anarchy is too much
- jacobs shotguns will build stacks incredibly quickly and the high pellet count will mean you always hit something, it should be your main weapon unless you find a legendary that does the job better (hydra, conference call etc.). a torgue shotgun is an acceptable substitute
- there is a specific variant of the fibber (final reward for mal's quests in the eridium blight) that is incredibly broken with anarchy. it has the effect of splintering when it shoots at walls. close enough makes those bullet fragments ricochet towards enemies, and the calculation is glitched so that it does the full 100% damage instead of 50%. it's arguably the most overpowered combo in the game at maximum anarchy
- don't bother with death from above or with claws, death from above is glitched and doesn't do much damage anyway and gaige isn't built for melee
- because of how mathematics works, you should only put one point into nth degree because it has diminishing returns
- a side effect of smaller, lighter, faster is that the gun infinity is reduced to a clip of 0 size and can't be used, so if you have your heart set on it i'm sorry for your loss

purely in terms of anarchy, this would be where i would distribute the points. generally though, feel free to ignore me and experiment to see what works for you. respecs are cheap enough to do so. i find a good way to think about anarchy is that it basically turns the game into doom

vvv looking it up you need a neutral necromancer class mod to offset it but even then you've got ask if it's worth going to all that trouble

A Great Big Bee! fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jul 24, 2015

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Isn't there something in the tiny Tina dlc to improve clip size that makes infinity useable?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

- it should go without saying but put all 5 points into close enough to compensate for the accuracy loss
- invest in preshrunk cyberpunk all the way too
- blood soaked shields is a wickedly good skill and should be invested in, you can use cooking up trouble to regenerate health with a full clip, and if your gun reloads every shot (like jakobs shotguns do) you will always regenerate health
- robot rampage is one of deathtraps better skills and is worth the point imo
- typecast iconoclast is also pretty good but it doesn't need to be maxed out, the points can go elsewhere if you can't spare them
- rational anarchist helps get the ball rolling but it's not essential
- discord is essential, so that you don't lose stacks if you accidentally reload and also to help with bosses that are hard to hit. it can also be used to reduce stacks if the anarchy is too much
- jacobs shotguns will build stacks incredibly quickly and the high pellet count will mean you always hit something, it should be your main weapon unless you find a legendary that does the job better (hydra, conference call etc.). a torgue shotgun is an acceptable substitute
- don't bother with death from above or with claws, death from above is glitched and doesn't do much damage anyway and gaige isn't built for melee
- because of how mathematics works, you should only put one point into nth degree because it has diminishing returns
- a side effect of smaller, lighter, faster is that the gun infinity is reduced to a clip of 0 size and can't be used, so if you have your heart set on it i'm sorry for your loss

generally though, feel free to experiment. respecs are cheap enough to do so

Appreciate it.

Close Enough probably doesn't go great with a Fuel the Rampage (friendly fire) Krieg.

It's probably because my Gaige isn't built to abuse the mechanic, but I rarely reach the max Anarchy cap, so I think Preshrunk Cyberpunk would be excessive. I have two mainslot shotguns, but I'll stick to long range support a lot of the time. Sniper rifles are actually quite usable within the initial 150 anarchy cap, and the Anarchy boost makes up for the less frequent crits.

Blood Soaked Shileds indeed seems like a great skill. I want to pair it with a massive Pangolin shield.

I do really need to find a good low magazine Jakobs shotty.

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

haha

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Pope Guilty posted:

Isn't there something in the tiny Tina dlc to improve clip size that makes infinity useable?

Yes, any Neutral Necromancer class mod will do the trick because the % bonus to magazine size rounds up before Smaller, Lighter, Faster rounds down. Basically, the Infinity has an ammo size of 1 but is rounded down to 0 by Smaller, Lighter, Faster. The mag size bonus from the class mod applies before that, turning the Infinity's 1 mag size into 2. It is then reduced back to 1 by Smaller, Lighter, Faster, making you able to fire it.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Gonna try to get a group for Digistruct Peak together, again. On on Xbone, GT is smashpro1. Wanna start around 7 pm Central time.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Sounds fun but too early for me :(

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

It's funny how much better BL2 is than TPS despite initially looking similar. I don't hate it but am I ever happy I didn't pay full price for it.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Rinkles posted:

It's funny how much better BL2 is than TPS despite initially looking similar. I don't hate it but am I ever happy I didn't pay full price for it.

If they fixed BL2 to have Diablo3-style progression I wouldn't have stopped playing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I much prefer TPS' constant side-tracking to 2's more-than-occasional overleveled backtracking. That run from Liar's Berg to the top of the ship to put Matchstick on the altar is unforgivable. Other than that though the two games are pretty much exactly the same imo which is something I kind of like.

• Locked thread