Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jostiband posted:

:agreed:

Thanks for covering for me buddy :hfive:

Shoujo 4 lyfe

I wanted to get back into this comic ever since Smoking Crow's pic dump. No idea why I stopped reading in the first place, but I'm guessing translator issues.

The last time an English chapter was released was like two years ago, so maybe it's best you're not in a hurry.

:smith:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Nocturne hard mode status update: nothing quite like getting ambushed at the doorstep of a save point only to have every single enemy focus all their attacks on your main guy and kill him.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Wark Say posted:

I am okay with that opinion, and your friend is a fine-rear end person for formulating it on his/her own. :)

But now, in my search for greatness, I must inquire: Goons, what are your favorite :black101: moments in manga and anime?
buster machine #7 appearing for the first time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFppdq6vEPg

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

Nocturne hard mode status update: nothing quite like getting ambushed at the doorstep of a save point only to have every single enemy focus all their attacks on your main guy and kill him.

Just out of curiosities sake how do you plan on building your MC?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Chiefly physical with buffs/debuffs to keep things interesting.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Seafood posted:

Chiefly physical with buffs/debuffs to keep things interesting.

Seems about right. And hard mode is a pain. Get ready to visit a dentist if you're short on patience.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Oh hey new thread!

Otakon Thursday, can't wait to chill with a coworker and some people from /cgl/ and watch a gently caress ton of anime.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Also looking at the last thread, wowza...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

same

only not spiders

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it sucks that all the good new anime airs later in the week, i want something to look forward to on Mon/Tues

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

it sucks that all the good new anime airs later in the week, i want something to look forward to on Mon/Tues

Monday show:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

She has the best haircut, too.

Which reminds me that I really need to get a haircut.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jul 19, 2015

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

So that's basically ASMR: the anime?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't know what ASMR is :confused:

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
bad joke

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

merry is cute but i'm waiting for some of the other guys that presumably get their own episodes. even so it's still a weird short, when i'd probably enjoy some generic bl show with the same characters more. :shrug:

e: like the fake interaction with the viewer isn't good. i have lots of thoughts on the lonely female otaku show.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jul 19, 2015

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Everything Burrito posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afe58vHdJVk

Basically people getting really weird and fetishistic about pretty common sounds or voices.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Youtube videos where girls talk to you so you can pretend you have a friend

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

merry is cute but i'm waiting for some of the other guys that presumably get their own episodes. even so it's still a weird short, when i'd probably enjoy some generic bl show with the same characters more. :shrug:

e: like the fake interaction with the viewer isn't good. i have lots of thoughts on the lonely female otaku show.

I do wish they'd put out some new BL shows instead of weird pillow boys and more Junjou Romantica.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

I do wish they'd put out some new BL shows instead of weird pillow boys and more Junjou Romantica.

How was Love Stage!!?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i thought love stage was the rapey one

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

dogsicle posted:

i thought love stage was the rapey one

Junjou Romantica has so much goddamn rape

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Gross.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I liked Love Stage but it was pretty rapey. I've never liked Junjou Romantica but the spinoff wasn't quite as bad (remembering from the manga, still haven't watched much of the show). Edit: wait I think that one had a really REALLY rapey couple that the scan group refused to translate their chapters haha. SO it only seemed like it wasn't as bad because I didn't read those chapters.

:negative:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
It's been awhile since I read the manga, but doesn't Love Stage only have a little rape towards the beginning? And then the guy gets into it and becomes an actual willing partner? I definitely remember him researching how to be a better bottom, and trying to get his boyfriend back after he gets amnesia.

I know that still sounds bad, but compared to most BL stuff, where it seems like every homosexual encounter is non-consensual, that's pretty progressive.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Budget Prefuse posted:

buster machine #7 appearing for the first time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFppdq6vEPg

the buster beam is the dopest poo poo

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I haven't read the manga but the anime apparently toned some stuff way down and there were other scenes where Izumi gets assaulted but I don't remember what all they were, it's been a while since I looked at anything about it. Non-rapey BL exists, really don't understand why the same old lovely tropes keep getting trotted out (I do actually; lots of people who read/watch it are also lovely people and like it).

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

diebuster rules so much...

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Also looking at the last thread, wowza...

Last thread was good.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I died to a boss in EO IV when it only had a sliver of life left and I'm mad as gently caress.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
The ratio of pale white dudes in this cinema is considerably higher for Akira than it was for Totoro, Nausicaa, Kiki and Howl

Also Nausicaa was loving incredible

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Good anime movies are a great distraction from the anti-Muslim rally happening in this loving city

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Dropped SHIMONETA not even 1/4th the way through THIS poo poo IS GARBAGE, I haven't done that since Plastic memories where at 0:56 I knew how everything was going.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Knorth posted:

Good anime movies are a great distraction from the anti-Muslim rally happening in this loving city
:catstare:

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Knorth posted:

no idea where you live, but if a war was going on near me I'd probably value my life before anime

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

no idea where you live, but if a war was going on near me I'd probably value my life before anime

It's not going to be big, just bigotted and distasteful. This country sometimes...

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think shimoneta is very fun, but also not a show for everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

dogsicle posted:

i think shimoneta is very fun, but also not a show for everyone

Didn't watch past the first episode yet but did it end up a lazy SYD withforced plot

• Locked thread