Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ty, finished it on a mission farming sparks for this dumb 1020 prestige requirement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Any particular videos I can look at to see how this game plays or will any old random video display what the game's like pretty well?

(edit) While I'm at it is this big sphere grid thing resettable or at least ultimately completely fillable?

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jul 18, 2015

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

After going 'woe is me I can't get enough sparks this week' for my Slayer tree to get through the RGB section, someone told me in game to just use Evolution on it.

I said 'naw dude doesn't work' and cited the tooltip. Then I actually tried it.

This is my paladin board with the tooltip showing evo sparks.

This is my slayer board in the 'intro' part, showing that I need 50 green sparks, but not that I can use evo. This is incorrect, evo sparks still work on it.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
You really don't want to use them on those though if you care anything about not wasting sparks. Class sparks are worth more over all because of the cap.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Dosvidanya posted:

You really don't want to use them on those though if you care anything about not wasting sparks. Class sparks are worth more over all because of the cap.

what

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Thanks for the tips guys! The only reason I did 3v3 is because it had okki tablets as a reward. I'm not really worried about doing well in pvp as a whole, just when I have to for certain rewards.

My talents are focused on the shield ability and I try not to use any of my abilities that root as that just makes me a sitting duck. I'll try to focus on my knockdowns and let the rest of the team do the damage and see where that takes me until I can fill out my tree.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

You gain sparks of insight at a rate of 2:1 to class sparks. Using class sparks on nodes you can use insight on is going to set you back if you care about that at all.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Tsurupettan posted:

Jesus, the little training room preps do gently caress all to indicate what the class feels like in any significant capacity. The 'Play this class for X2!' bonus missions do a great job at it. I am very much looking forward to Slayer now.

The promo Slayer is actually pretty bad. It has Swinging Chains instead of Blood Harvest, a choice you should never make. Blood Harvest is close to half my damage against most bosses.

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
Game is really bad at all the different ways it introduces new players to classes. The training room is overly simple and doesn't really explain some of the abilities well, and the X2 missions are simultaneously less-than-optimal but still throw a bunch of new abilities at you that you have to figure out how to use, with mystery talents and such...

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Ciaphas posted:

(edit) While I'm at it is this big sphere grid thing resettable or at least ultimately completely fillable?

You will fill out the entire thing if you play long enough.

Time of Waste
Apr 20, 2005

I live, I die. I LIVE AGAIN!
I love the way warlock plays in training but I cant stand the fact that I have to grind to get that point. I dont get much time to play so grinding all the way to that class would take weeks. Really lame.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Dosvidanya posted:

You gain sparks of insight at a rate of 2:1 to class sparks. Using class sparks on nodes you can use insight on is going to set you back if you care about that at all.

I had to check because I didn't pay attention to what my sparks caps were before I started playing after reset, you mean that the class sparks cap is about half of what the sparks of insight cap is. I still cap sparks of insight way faster than class sparks, so that's more than twice as fast as class sparks and is why I was confused, but you're right as long as the hypothetical person we're talking about is capping all sparks every week.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I like Lawlicaust. He attempts to do the impossible.

He fails. But it was the attempt that counts. If it wasn't for mindless idiots like him bashing their skulls against brick walls then we would never have landed on the moon or used chicken breast as bread for a sandwich.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Time of Waste posted:

I love the way warlock plays in training but I cant stand the fact that I have to grind to get that point. I dont get much time to play so grinding all the way to that class would take weeks. Really lame.

Good news, you're going to get there just as fast as anyone else!

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Lemon King posted:

Took a dive in the memory in Skyforge and found an unreleased class named Pirate. It looks like a stance based class which uses a Sword and a Pistol. :yarr:
Also has an ability named Sky Captain! :black101:

e:
Pirate energy resource is named Balence

yep, that's the next class to be released

the others that the russians know about are:

Druid, Runemaster, Survivalist, Primalist, Engineer

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
If you guys thought the open world zones sucked, you were right. They did. Then I hit the demon robot ruins (Eskenian Peninsula) and all was forgiven.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
Argggh, I capped four nodes from hitting archer. Once I get the 3200 reliquary, I can get two nodes, but getting the 400 sparks each needed for those last two nodes from another reliquary is probably pushing it. How in the world did people already unlock TWO classes?

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

lewtt posted:

If you guys thought the open world zones sucked, you were right. They did. Then I hit the demon robot ruins (Eskenian Peninsula) and all was forgiven.

How much of your prestige is from orders, if you don't mind

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Each rank of upgrading a province (numerically, not quality) is +60~ prestiege, so with how farmed lewtt is alot

Wolpertinger posted:

Argggh, I capped four nodes from hitting archer. Once I get the 3200 reliquary, I can get two nodes, but getting the 400 sparks each needed for those last two nodes from another reliquary is probably pushing it. How in the world did people already unlock TWO classes?

Early access

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I guess this week after getting kinetic I'm getting every greatness node I can. I'm capped out at 3000 atm =\

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Dosvidanya posted:

I guess this week after getting kinetic I'm getting every greatness node I can. I'm capped out at 3000 atm =\

I'd worry more about maintaining proficiency on parity with prestige, so you can keep using gear drops (not because higher proficiency gear is better but being able to use your drops means you can fish for better passives)

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Stormgale posted:

Each rank of upgrading a province (numerically, not quality) is +60~ prestiege, so with how farmed lewtt is alot

Early access

The way i thought it worked is that each week the game has been running the total game-wide cap increases, so people with early access have the same spark cap as normal players - is this not the case?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Wolpertinger posted:

The way i thought it worked is that each week the game has been running the total game-wide cap increases, so people with early access have the same spark cap as normal players - is this not the case?

Every week you have a character your caps roll over

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Stormgale posted:

Every week you have a character your caps roll over

huh, so people who join in, say, a couple months, will be permanently behind everyone else?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Wolpertinger posted:

huh, so people who join in, say, a couple months, will be permanently behind everyone else?

The Russian version has a 'catch up' mechanic - new accounts get a scaling (reverse scaling?) boost to their caps that tapers off as they close in to the 'maximum' possible. We don't have that at the moment, but presumably will eventually.

e: It's a boost to the cap, but not the actual income, from what I understand. So you could pretty much catch up, but it would involve mega poopsocking.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Wolpertinger posted:

Caps will go up over time as a catch up mechanic but kinda yes? Not complete gulch so.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Time of Waste posted:

It's about 3 weeks of caps, not play. You can play an hour a day and get there, or poopsock for a few days and do the same.

Dosvidanya posted:

This is, in my opinion, not really worth it.

The main reward (stat-wise) you get from higher greatness is more HP. Yes, you also get might, but as enemies will also scale with you, you will be doing relatively less damage. This is fine if your main goal is to be a tank, but who are you going to tank for? Most people aren't doing this because it requires dropping actual money at the game, so good luck finding a group to do anything with. You will be at an advantage if you hit 18k or whatever it is that's necessary for silver pommels, but what happens if it lands on a 5-man or PvP?

Hell, even if you're okay with all of this, your prestige will outpace your proficiency and you will quickly find yourself having to drop down difficulties to obtain gear you can actually use.

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
So what's the best way to get equipment for a class you've newly unlocked? Fighting naked is a huge handicap. I tried going back and playing a couple old zones at a lower difficulty, but No Item drop and not even any sparks at the end, despite it telling me I'd get some.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

I think the best options are ffa pvp, or do nedder's test area as another class then swap back before finishing. Could ask for some carry action from goons as well.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Or just go to an open area and do a couple boss kill quests.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Liberatore posted:

The main reward (stat-wise) you get from higher greatness is more HP. Yes, you also get might, but as enemies will also scale with you, you will be doing relatively less damage. This is fine if your main goal is to be a tank, but who are you going to tank for? Most people aren't doing this because it requires dropping actual money at the game, so good luck finding a group to do anything with. You will be at an advantage if you hit 18k or whatever it is that's necessary for silver pommels, but what happens if it lands on a 5-man or PvP?

I join lowbie groups of 5 mans whenever the chapel item falls there because I'm already capped and afaik they still get rewards. It's just really hard to judge where I'm at relative to other people since I'm 12.3k and then I see someone 4k ahead of me and I'm like oh poo poo, did I mess up?

I figure they'll bring the RNG cash money chests over from russia for chapel stuff in the future. I mostly just want to hit 18.5k for the pommels like you mentioned and whatever the next breakpoint to start getting purple node gems is.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Since there wasn't much response to my last post on videos I just watched some random crap. Looks like a fun game, and I guess if it's free I might as well try it.

What's group content like? I know there's no healers, technically, but does content still tend toward something like a trinity (tank, support, deeps) anyway or is it more the GW2 style of gently caress-it-bring-whatever?

While I'm here how do the caps compare to, say, DFO, if anyone in here's played that? That was a daily cap of some couple hundred dungeon rooms beyond which you didn't earn any XP anymore.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

lewtt posted:

The Demon room boss in Phorous Testing Area is pretty baller looking.

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Since there wasn't much response to my last post on videos I just watched some random crap. Looks like a fun game, and I guess if it's free I might as well try it.

What's group content like? I know there's no healers, technically, but does content still tend toward something like a trinity (tank, support, deeps) anyway or is it more the GW2 style of gently caress-it-bring-whatever?

While I'm here how do the caps compare to, say, DFO, if anyone in here's played that? That was a daily cap of some couple hundred dungeon rooms beyond which you didn't earn any XP anymore.

I haven't yet hit the cap at all after starting at launch (only 2.2k prestige or so thus far), but when the cap for a given thing hits you just start getting other rewards. So once you're not getting sparks or class sparks anymore, you start getting credits or whatever, and when that's up, you start getting order goodies and the (not completely useless) rare currency poo poo and the like. So it could be worse, as at least you still get something for your time, though it's not direct progression like when you have cap space left.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Drinkfist posted:

The Demon room boss in Phorous Testing Area is pretty baller looking.

Demonic laser shrimp.

Ciaphas posted:

Group content is definitely still tank, support, DD. The former two are absolutely crucial to most 5-man content, and of course they get the shortest queues.

The cap isn't nearly as restrictive as DFO's. DFO straight up locks you out of the content; That is not the case here, and once you cap, the rewards are replaced by alternate but generally useful rewards.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Slayer players: Biting Whips talent. I don't understand the value of it since it says it does the same thing that Twilight Scourge already does. Or am I misreading it?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Hey, I finally got my Engineers leveled enough to attempt to help out with Order construction projects!

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Build my Hou...... Power Plant.

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

rantmo posted:

Hey, I finally got my Engineers leveled enough to attempt to help out with Order construction projects!

How much does this take, incidentally? I lucked out and got an Engineer in my first batch, but I'm not sure when she'll actually be useful to the guild (and I'm being lazy about getting myself in).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Well got the game downloaded and started just in time for maintenance :v: Think I'm at the point where I'm supposed to pick a class to start with so I guess I'll ask some questions.

- Do the different classes offer different development paths as far as other classes and whatever other unlocks go? Like 'pick class X if you want to quickly unlock class Y' or whatever?
- Do tanks and supports have a more difficult or slower time of it when solo in the finest traditions of MMOs everywhere?
- Which of the starting (or at least early) classes lets me be the Fanciest Wizard? (I'm talking flashy overblown spell effects, the more anime/DBZ the better)

• Locked thread