Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

The Clit Avoider posted:

They have both in stock. Have fun with Finnish shipping!

Yeah, I may be sticking to the digital download on this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
The new Ghost single is a bit surprising to me. It's way riffier than their older stuff. More punchy and less ethereal. It's pretty rockin' and I love the middle section but...I'm not entirely sold.

The new Sword single I think is going to be a grower. I didn't think much of it at first, but I've gone back and listened to it a few times since and each time I hear it, I dig it more.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Who likes death/doom? You might like this: https://taphosnomos.bandcamp.com/track/the-cottonwoods-grim-demo

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

I find The Sword incredibly boring, but I like Ghost. I cant really explain it.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

caiman posted:

Yeah, I may be sticking to the digital download on this one.

What's it giving you for shipping options? When I preordered it way back when it was about ten for shipping, and the whole thing was about $24 total, which I didn't think was too bad. Then I ordered The Exploding Eyes Orchestra from Svart a few weeks ago and the Fedex (or DHL, I forget which) shipping was like $18 and the regular mail option was only slightly cheaper. Not sure what was up with that, but I guess I got a deal with the Cult of Endtime album.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
If we're posting new Ghost, this one sounds pretty awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rTA6rA3p_c

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Detective Thompson posted:

What's it giving you for shipping options? When I preordered it way back when it was about ten for shipping, and the whole thing was about $24 total, which I didn't think was too bad. Then I ordered The Exploding Eyes Orchestra from Svart a few weeks ago and the Fedex (or DHL, I forget which) shipping was like $18 and the regular mail option was only slightly cheaper. Not sure what was up with that, but I guess I got a deal with the Cult of Endtime album.

It's giving me two shipping options: FedEx Economy and regular mail, both are $18.30. Puts the total for the LP at $46.24. Ouch.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Yeah, it was like half that for me. Not sure why I got lucky (I think a few other people did, too) with the preorder.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Shipping to Denmark was €10, nearly as bad. But I threw in a couple of Witch Mountain and Orchid LPs that I didn't have already to even it out.

henpod posted:

I love Papa's stage act, he pulls off the roman catholic preacher vibe quite well.

E: Here's another one off the new album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOrXKiSy8ZY

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jul 19, 2015

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Thundersword238 posted:

Unleash the Archers has a new music video up, and it's pretty good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yctXV3uHBs

Their vocalist continues to loving rock my soul. She just gets better and better every album.
She really does have some great pipes. Let's just hope she won't tear up her throat.

As for the album, I like how varied it is, there are some straight-up power metal tracks, more 80s hair metal stuff like the one you posted, and some slightly darker or moodier stuff like No More Heroes. And Brittney just nails it on all of them. This band is pretty much my favourite new discovery of the year so far.

EDIT: Here's a new Wolfheart song for those who like their melodeath a bit more deathy than usual (barring the saccharine piano parts).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dcl2Eg_Xi0

Gotta say, that transition from the intro to the song proper is delightfully abrupt. Good song.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jul 19, 2015

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nordick posted:

EDIT: Here's a new Wolfheart song for those who like their melodeath a bit more deathy than usual (barring the saccharine piano parts).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dcl2Eg_Xi0

Gotta say, that transition from the intro to the song proper is delightfully abrupt. Good song.

Ha, I really like that. It's like what I thought behemoth was going to sound like before I actually heard them.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

henpod posted:

Sounds like They Might be Giants with heavy guitars.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Vintersorg posted:

Sounds like They Might be Giants with heavy guitars.

I was thinking more like R.E.M.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
this song kind of just sounds like uriah heep's "lady in black" with distortion

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
It wouldn't surprise me if every Ghost song is a ripoff of some obscure 1970s rock song that nobody's ever heard, except instead of singing about fearing the reaper, they change the lyrics to be about Satan.

Oh and occasionally add a choir and strings.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Went to Mayhem Fest yesterday, goddamn. Bit small but loving King Diamond and Slayer, how could I not go?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

caiman posted:

I was thinking more like R.E.M.

Hahaha, I definitely hear Michael Stipe there.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

VikingSkull posted:

Went to Mayhem Fest yesterday, goddamn. Bit small but loving King Diamond and Slayer, how could I not go?

Hellyeah
The Devil Wears Prada
Thy Art Is Murder
Sister Sin
Sworn In
Shattered Sun
Feed Her to the Sharks
Code Orange
Kissing Candice

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Code Orange are really good actually, but probably not worth sitting through everywhere else after. If the tickets were really $20 or whatever I was hearing it might have been worth going super late for.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
The Devil Wears Prada is fine for what it is if you're into that kind of thing

Thy Art is Murder is boring awful garbage

Never heard of anything else on that list

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kumbamontu posted:

If you're into TDWP's kind of thing then you have terrible taste.

Also you've never heard of the amazing supergroup Hellyeah?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Is Code Orange former Code Orange Kids? Cause if so they rule

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
does Hellyeah still feature Vinnie Paul?

Because it never ceased to amuse me to see "HELLYEAH (ft. Vinnie Paul)" whenever they were mentioned.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Next up, HELLYEAH from HELLYEAH, off the album HELLYEAH.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I don't think I've ever met an actual, living human being who actually listens to HELLYEAH.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

nerve posted:

Yes. They dropped the "kids" before I Am King.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

It's always amusing when that happens.

MOTÖRHEAD by MOTÖRHEAD off MOTÖRHEAD.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Hulk Krogan posted:

I don't think I've ever met an actual, living human being who actually listens to HELLYEAH.
one of their top last.fm listeners has logged 500 plays in the last 7 days. assuming an average track length of 3 1/2 minutes, that's about 4 hours of hellyeah a day

this person is literal primordial ooze

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

symbolic posted:

It's always amusing when that happens.

MOTÖRHEAD by MOTÖRHEAD off MOTÖRHEAD.

the trifecta of uncreativity

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

IRON MAIDEN by IRON MAIDEN off IRON MAIDEN

ANGEL WITCH by ANGEL WITCH off ANGEL WITCH

Uncreative certainly, but they are drat good songs.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Like everyone has a eponymous album. Gotta step up the game.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

VikingSkull posted:

Here in WA they had a $15 groupon for the fest. Me and friend bought that. We ended up sneaking into pit area and getting right up front for King Diamond. Deal of a life time.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

nerve posted:

Yeah seriously. Like the whole converge+grind+noise combo isn't a scene I like much at this point but those kids are awesome. They've got that youthful pissed off nihilist thing running strong.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I heard that Hibria basically went to poo poo on their 3rd album. Can anybody confirm/deny? Defying the Rules may be my favorite power metal release so far and it's going to kill me if the other albums are terrible in comparison.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Black Sabbath did it first.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Groke posted:

Black Sabbath did it first.

♫ Generals gathered in their masses
Just like witches at black masses ♫

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

KozmoNaut posted:

♫ Generals gathered in their masses
Just like witches at black masses ♫
Given the original lyrics on the demo version, I feel like they had a lot of label pressure to change them in a hurry to get that album out the door

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Vargatron posted:

I heard that Hibria basically went to poo poo on their 3rd album. Can anybody confirm/deny? Defying the Rules may be my favorite power metal release so far and it's going to kill me if the other albums are terrible in comparison.

It's completely true. Their bassist left after Skull Collectors. I'm so sorry :sigh:

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Wormed is cool. Any recommendations for more science/science fiction themed death metal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Kumbamontu posted:

That's where I was at. Hellyeah is cool because it's Vinnie, gently caress it. I paid $25 to get in and got wrecked in the brutal heat, it wasn't a bad day out.

nerve posted:

I had never heard them and yeah they were good.