Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I think the reason I'm so salty is because I do not want to disappoint my team and when I can't carry by myself I feel like I'm letting everyone on my side down without them noticing. I want to global carry :negative:

That being said I really wish they didn't start with Cats vs Dogs. I don't really get much of a feeling of friendly rivalry from this splatfest and if my side loses I'm just kinda like eh. Even when I see people trying to kick up dirt it's just like why bother dude. Here's to hoping we get more fun themes in the future like "I prefer action games" or "I prefer platformers" or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
i get home from work at 3am EST is that enough time for the results to have been tallied up and i can hop in and collect my bounty before i go to bed

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Feels good to be royalty

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just hit that point. The first half of the day was fine. Then I hit Champion and loving Coaster-havers were pushing hard. Jerks. :argh:

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

That being said I really wish they didn't start with Cats vs Dogs. I don't really get much of a feeling of friendly rivalry from this splatfest and if my side loses I'm just kinda like eh. Even when I see people trying to kick up dirt it's just like why bother dude. Here's to hoping we get more fun themes in the future like "I prefer action games" or "I prefer platformers" or something.

Right there with ya--I don't spend my free time hanging out with a coaster or a slide that screams at me for food, so I'm pretty indifferent. :shrug:

That being said, I love the color scheme for this Splatfest.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I think the reason I'm so salty is because I do not want to disappoint my team and when I can't carry by myself I feel like I'm letting everyone on my side down without them noticing. I want to global carry :negative:

Yeah, it's especially bad when your team mates are low ranked and you lose by a couple of percent, if only I had've played just a little better. :smith:

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Time for the finally push Team Water Slide. GET OUT THERE AND MAKE A SPLASH!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Jarogue posted:

Time for the finally push Team Water Slide. GET OUT THERE AND MAKE A SPLASH!

My current group is all kings and queens.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

...and I just got 940 points and fourth!

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

AfroGunsou posted:

i get home from work at 3am EST is that enough time for the results to have been tallied up and i can hop in and collect my bounty before i go to bed

Yep, as I recall from last time, it was only about an hour until results were announced and shells were awarded.

Trash Boat fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jul 19, 2015

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

The concept of grinding like 5 hours of matches in 24 hours is just sad, there are going ot be more of these Splatfests in the summer even?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Some cool peeps dancing and having fun:

Made Roller Coaster Queen in the last hour. Call out to my peeps Johnny, Forestwill and Emo Pants. Johnny, I hope you made it to Roller Coaster Queen without me!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

zolthorg posted:

The concept of grinding like 5 hours of matches in 24 hours is just sad, there are going ot be more of these Splatfests in the summer even?

"I lost 6 hours of grinding!" -paraphrasing of zolthorg, member of the losing team cat

don't even try to make fun of other people for having fun in a splatfest

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
looking forward to an hour from now when all the water slide babies drown

in their tears

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

zolthorg posted:

You could just not play every Splatfest, and not post about them either.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

When do we find out the results? (I missed the first splatfest)

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Star Guarded posted:

When do we find out the results? (I missed the first splatfest)

in about 2 hours or so they'll announce the results

I lost about as many matches as I won for team waterslide, but I had fun and that's what matters

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

I enjoyed my time in this splatfest! It is very cute, with all the music and dancing and nighttime. I made a friend, Phil. We became royalty together, and I recognized him from match to match because we played so similarly that I had to avoid shooting him in the back of the head in the opening rush. We held the top of saltspray together over and over. Many booyahs happened.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I really hope they add another Splatfest song at some point because listening to the same song on repeat in every match is pretty grating.

zolthorg posted:

You don't have to get to the King/Queen rank you know. Alternatively you could play well and get there in less than 5 hours anyways.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!
Became a coaster king with less than 10 minutes left. During the last half hour I played almost every game the top to players on my team were me and "mom."

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
50 minutes until saltfest. :salt:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

zolthorg posted:

Well if you lost every game but got 2 points for each 3 minute match, that'd take 92 matches to max out your rank and that'd require less than five hours of playing. I played an hour the night before and two hours this morning and I got king. Then I played some more because the game if fun and I wanted to help out my team.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Thanks Internet posted:

Became a coaster king with less than 10 minutes left. During the last half hour I played almost every game the top to players on my team were me and "mom."

Marine Mom never went down without a fight. Sqidar Morghulis.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

zolthorg posted:

Or you could be good at the game and get done in about 2-3 hrs.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Thanks Internet posted:

Moms are tough.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Things will get heated when they announce a mom vs dad splatfest.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

So whe is Pop-Tarts vs Toaster Strudel?

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

Holy hell that lag got ridiculous towards the end. In one match I splatted a guy, pushed to his base, splatted him again as he respawned and 5 seconds later got splatted by him but from the first time we fought. I can only imagine what it looked like for him.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

Wow that one had a lot more bad matches for me on team coaster compared to team Dog. Felt like a lot of 3 v 4s with us being the 3, and times where my entire team was just loving off doing nothing.

Those sad times where you are killing 3/4 of the enemy team on the south side of saltspray on your own...and the rest of your team still can't push the north. Had a match on bluefin where I got three triple splats over the course of the match, still lost.

I think more than any other emote we need a "Push" or "Fall Back" one.

edit: Also I'm thinking that due to there not being a major holiday where people (kids especially) are dragged out of the house, that there were a lot more "kids" playing, rather than teens/adults who can just gently caress off and stay at home during a holiday. Not being salty, just felt on both sides a lot less..."aggressive play" over the whole thing.

Chance fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jul 19, 2015

Randumb Thots
Apr 5, 2015
You know, I don't think people have been or will be nearly as salty about this SplatFest. When you talk about cats and dogs, you're talking about people's beloved pets, many of whom consider them family. I doubt anyone has the same emotional investment in amusement park rides.

Then again, it is a video game on the Internet, so rational perspective is not likely either.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

A couple of matches were just booyeah! chains and that's always nice. :)

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Coasters win :c00l:

Jopoho
Feb 17, 2012
drat. Splatfest was close.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
does anyone wanna buy my wii u. gently caress this game

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

hmmm where are all the baby cats that cried because its a popularity contest....... HMmmmmmg

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Popularity: 46 to 54 for Water Slides
Wins: 53 to 47 for Roller Coasters
Final Results: 152 to 148 for Roller Coasters

Yeesh, that was a CLOSE one.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

All the north america splatfests have been pretty close skill wise.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I already want to know what the next Splatfest is.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:

:booyah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Sorry little squids, I didn't win enough for you.

Is this the part where I'm supposed to go into a fit of rage and cry over my loss of 6 snails?

• Locked thread