Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

Don't hide toys, man. That is crazy. And obnoxious, for other people who might want that toy and the store employees who are supposed to keep the toy area in order.

Number one anime fan. Also a pedophile. Probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

The Rage posted:

boom

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I always love it when I come across an obviously hidden toy at a store, it's like a fun game of "where can I had this now that's even crazier?"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think I'm officially done ordering from Entertainment Earth. I had ordered the GOTG boxed set a month or so back, then Diamond offered it so I canceled my order (which took 4 back and forth emails with EE). Well my card was charged and they filled and shipped my order despite the cancelation. And the best part.

quote:

Item#, Quantity, Name, Price, Extended Price
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
HSB3679R, 1, Guardians of the Galaxy Marvel Legends - EE Exclusive,
$119.99, $119.99
EEPRR1504GOG1, 1, $20 Off Guardians of the Galaxy Exclusive AF Boxed
Set, ($20.00), ($20.00)
EEPR1405SHP2, 1, Free Shipping on Select Items $79 or More!, ($15.95),
($15.95)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subtotal: $84.04
Shipping & Processing: $15.95 (SUPER SAVER - FEDEX SMARTPOST VIA USPS)
Total: $99.99

They note the free shipping code and then charge me shipping anyways. My original invoice was for the $84.04 price.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Did you check your card for what they actually charged you? They added the shipping to my invoice too bringing it to $119.99 on the invoice, but they charged me $99.99.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

therealjon_ posted:

Did you check your card for what they actually charged you? They added the shipping to my invoice too bringing it to $119.99 on the invoice, but they charged me $99.99.

I was charged $99.99. I didn't even see that it had shipped, I saw the charge on my statement. I sent another email, explaining my situation, hopefully they just let me print a return label but if they pull some restocking fee bullshit I will lose my patience pretty quickly.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The Rage posted:

At least I don't literally hide toys from children

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

boom boom boom posted:

No, you have to use toys to lure the children into your van.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

boom boom boom posted:

Fyi I was joking (wanted to drop an Xbone slam) but you're hiding toys from scalpers, come on, kids don't buy toys anymore.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
My dad used to hide toys all the time, back in the '80s. Once we hid a Super Powers Dr. Fate beneath the shelving unit itself at a TRU in late 1985, and forgot to go back for it. We found it there over a year later, dusty as hell, and bought it then.

But back then, certain toys would literally pegwarm for years. I remember the summer of "Batmania" (1989), there was a big display of Batman movie toys by Toy Biz: black costume Batman, Joker, and Bob the Goon. Well, I already had Batman and Bob and was thinking about getting that Joker to go with him, but then I found an old Super Powers Joker on a battered half-card, and decided to get him instead, since I never picked him up all those years before. And there was a Secret Wars Kang that hung around just as long, so we got him too, five years after he came out.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jul 19, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

But back then, certain toys would literally pegwarm for years. I remember the summer of "Batmania" (1989), there was a big display of Batman movie toys by Toy Biz: black costume Batman, Joker, and Bob the Goon. Well, I already had Batman and Bob and was thinking about getting that Joker to go with him, but then I found an old Super Powers Joker on a battered half-card, and decided to get him instead, since I never picked him up all those years before. And there was a Secret Wars Kang that hung around just as long, so we got him too, five years after he came out.

Some years ago, around the time that the Young Avengers Marvel Legends 4-pack came out, I discovered a KB Express in a run down outlet mall about 3 hours north of my city. They had poo poo that had clearly been sitting around for 10+ years without selling. I think I maxed out a credit card that day. There were piles of Machine Wars TFs, New Adventures He-Man, so much cool poo poo.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Rhyno posted:

Some years ago, around the time that the Young Avengers Marvel Legends 4-pack came out, I discovered a KB Express in a run down outlet mall about 3 hours north of my city. They had poo poo that had clearly been sitting around for 10+ years without selling. I think I maxed out a credit card that day. There were piles of Machine Wars TFs, New Adventures He-Man, so much cool poo poo.

At first I was like, they made Young Avengers figures? Great, I loved the Young Avengers!

Then I googled it.

oh god

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

boom boom boom posted:

At first I was like, they made Young Avengers figures? Great, I loved the Young Avengers!

Then I googled it.

oh god

Yeah they were awful. I think I paid $20 for the boxed set back then and I still felt ripped off.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Rhyno posted:

They note the free shipping code and then charge me shipping anyways. My original invoice was for the $84.04 price.

It looks they took off the cost of shipping and then charged you shipping. So in effect, it is free shipping.

btw hiding toys is silly and frankly just being an rear end in a top hat to the employees who already have to deal with kids throwing packages on the ground.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

vkeios posted:

It looks they took off the cost of shipping and then charged you shipping. So in effect, it is free shipping.

What? If they took off the cost of shipping and then charged me shipping how is that free shipping?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

boom boom boom posted:

Then I googled it.

oh god

...so did the toy designers not know what human beings look like?

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Rhyno posted:

What? If they took off the cost of shipping and then charged me shipping how is that free shipping?

They discounted 15.95, the cost of shipping. $15.95 - $15.95 = $0 aka free.
The item itself is $119.99 - $20.00 = $99.99 total

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

Don't hide toys, man. That is crazy. And obnoxious, for other people who might want that toy and the store employees who are supposed to keep the toy area in order.

Yeah I'm a pretty horrible human being, I know. I actually worked at a Toysrus as a stocker back in my retail days.

Maybe its where I live but around here scalpers are numerous and really aggressive. My schedule usually forces me to shop early mornings, and there is always a line of these guys outside target, toysrus, and best buy. It seriously looks like some black friday rush on days when a new Amiibo or whatever is released because they stampede towards electronics.

That said, I went back again and the shelf where they were normally stocked was bare. Someone bought ALL of them, and a couple of them looked really beat up. The Goomba I stashed however was still up there and I picked it up for you LiG.

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jul 19, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SpikeMcclane posted:

They discounted 15.95, the cost of shipping. $15.95 - $15.95 = $0 aka free.
The item itself is $119.99 - $20.00 = $99.99 total

Then why the gently caress did they invoice me $84 the day I ordered it? God drat it. And the fact that I canceled this loving order a week ago.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Given everything else you said on the matter, I'm pretty sure you only looked at the pre-shipping subtotal.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SpikeMcclane posted:

Given everything else you said on the matter, I'm pretty sure you only looked at the pre-shipping subtotal.

Nope, I just pulled up the email, it's $84.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

rhyno, the item was $119.99 with $20 off. so its $99.99 excluding shipping, which is what you got charged. The $84 is just because their system is dumb and doesn't make your shipping costs zero, it just deducts the amount from the price.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

vkeios posted:

rhyno, the item was $119.99 with $20 off. so its $99.99 excluding shipping, which is what you got charged. The $84 is just because their system is dumb and doesn't make your shipping costs zero, it just deducts the amount from the price.

I MIGHT BE INTOXICATED SHUT UP.

Edit: I wouldn't even be pissed off about this if they had processed the loving cancellation to begin with. I even have a cancellation number.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Rhyno posted:

I MIGHT BE INTOXICATED SHUT UP.

Edit: I wouldn't even be pissed off about this if they had processed the loving cancellation to begin with. I even have a cancellation number.

So dispute the loving charge and keep the poo poo for free.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

epsilon posted:

So dispute the loving charge and keep the poo poo for free.

That's worse than hiding toys in toy stores.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Blackchamber posted:

That said, I went back again and the shelf where they were normally stocked was bare. Someone bought ALL of them, and a couple of them looked really beat up. The Goomba I stashed however was still up there and I picked it up for you LiG.

:thumbsup: you rock

Like I said, kids don't buy the cool toys anymore. The kids are the ones that tell their parents they want to go to TRU to get this extremely cool toy they heard about and have been saving up for weeks to get only to be be beaten by overweight balding men, or me, insanely good looking hunks who say "please work out" while putting their toys on shelves

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I'm reading the Agent Venom comics, and I think that I might just have to get that ML Jack O'Lantern figure when it comes out.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

I'm reading the Agent Venom comics, and I think that I might just have to get that ML Jack O'Lantern figure when it comes out.

Agreed

BlackCircle
Oct 21, 2005

I did Nazi that butt coming
Went to my local Barnes and Noble and noticed the now have a nice display of SH Figurarts stuff. Scored myself a Super Saiyan Gohan and the guy told me they were restocking next week so hopefully I can go find myself a Goku. Or even a Perfect Cell.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

BlackCircle posted:

Went to my local Barnes and Noble and noticed the now have a nice display of SH Figurarts stuff. Scored myself a Super Saiyan Gohan and the guy told me they were restocking next week so hopefully I can go find myself a Goku. Or even a Perfect Cell.

You won't find anything other than Vegetto and SS Gohan for now most likely. You won't find Cell, Frieza, Vegeta, etc. there as they are "Web Exclusives" that sold out long ago and won't be re-issued.

There are a LOT of new figures on the horizon though. You may get lucky with Android 16.

There is also a "Premium Edition" SS Vegeta, and Trunks coming out later this year that side steps the will not re-issue "Exclusives" rule.

Karnith
Jul 9, 2014

Drowning Rabbit posted:

You won't find anything other than Vegetto and SS Gohan for now most likely.
I actually just visited my local B&N and bought a few SH Figuarts - they had Piccolo, Androids 16 and 17, SS Gohan, and some other stuff I really didn't care about (Naruto and Sailor Moon, I think?), so there is hope!

EDIT: Though not so much hope on Frieza, Perfect Cell, or any of the other exclusives.

BlackCircle
Oct 21, 2005

I did Nazi that butt coming

Drowning Rabbit posted:

You won't find anything other than Vegetto and SS Gohan for now most likely. You won't find Cell, Frieza, Vegeta, etc. there as they are "Web Exclusives" that sold out long ago and won't be re-issued.

There are a LOT of new figures on the horizon though. You may get lucky with Android 16.

There is also a "Premium Edition" SS Vegeta, and Trunks coming out later this year that side steps the will not re-issue "Exclusives" rule.

The display did have a SS Goku in it so hopefully they get a stock of him. I guess I'll just have to settle for the fact that I will never get a Cell :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I started modding my Detolfs. For those that have done it, should I put anything between the glass and the wire tie?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Rhyno posted:

I started modding my Detolfs. For those that have done it, should I put anything between the glass and the wire tie?

I've had a couple shelves modified like that for over a year now and have had zero issues.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Joe Fisto posted:

I've had a couple shelves modified like that for over a year now and have had zero issues.

Good to know. The biggest issue is getting the fucker perfectly level.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I've got all my toys on planks of wood stuck to the wall with L-brackets. gently caress y'all.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
My buddy finally found a Funko Rocketeer, and it broke immediately upon opening. He said the quality is very poor, from the pins to the paint to the plastic itself. I'm so disappointed, but not really surprised.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

My buddy finally found a Funko Rocketeer, and it broke immediately upon opening. He said the quality is very poor, from the pins to the paint to the plastic itself. I'm so disappointed, but not really surprised.

We got it in last week and it looked like crap so I passed on it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Joe Fisto posted:

If you wanted to though you could get some felt pads. They usually sell them in sheets to stick inside cabinet doors and stuff. Put it on the shelf where it makes contact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I've got the big 1/6 scale Rocketeer from several years back that's expensive as gently caress, I need to figure out what box that's in and dig it out, because it's seriously fantastic.