Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Knorth posted:

It's not going to be big, just bigotted and distasteful. This country sometimes...

Please tell me your country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Knorth posted:

Didn't watch past the first episode yet but did it end up a lazy SYD withforced plot

i haven't seen that other show so i dunno

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

littleorv posted:

probably australia unless there's some other country having both a big anime film festival and a big anti-muslim protest right now

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Does Gintama stay goofy the whole way through or are there later arcs where it gets a bit more serious?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

dude789 posted:

Does Gintama stay goofy the whole way through or are there later arcs where it gets a bit more serious?

It has its serious arcs yeah. Some that even start off from a pretty goofy point, and then suddenly serious drama.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

dude789 posted:

Gintama will take you from laughing to crying at the drop of a hat

http://www.yorozuyasoul.com/gintama/arcs

unless you watch the first 20-30 episodes most of these arcs will be junk

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dude789 posted:

The way gintama works is that most of the episodes are comedy, then for about 3-8 episodes it'll have an arc that's usually somewhat serious - still with comedy, but also with drama - and then go back to random comedy episodes until the next arc

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

dude789 posted:

The last fifty or so chapters of the manga have had no-nonsense titles, so there's probably going to be a good stretch of serious stuff way down the line.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Time for more CROWDS.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

Time for more CROWDS.

You will not be disappointed.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Why is Charlotte such poo poo?

I mean the MC seemed cool, why didn't he just kill everyone he knew that had his power. It is simply the most logical solution to suitability. Man that show sucks.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

I mean the MC seemed cool, why didn't he just kill everyone he knew that had his power.
murder is a crime and most people do not enjoy the idea of it

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Endorph posted:

murder is a crime and most people do not enjoy the idea of it

True.

But the MC would have been cooler if he was just like lelouch.

Plastic memories and now this... Year of disappointments.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Why is Charlotte such poo poo?

I mean the MC seemed cool, why didn't he just kill everyone he knew that had his power. It is simply the most logical solution to suitability. Man that show sucks.

Maybe you should watch Death Note, forums poster Dilbert As gently caress.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

True.

But the MC would have been cooler if he was just like lelouch.
i dont think the only way for the main character of an anime to be good, is for him to kill tons of people.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

in fact, killing tons of people is often a bad thing

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Strange Quark posted:

Maybe you should watch Death Note, forums poster Dilbert As gently caress.

nah did not appeal to me after 3 episodes

Endorph posted:

i dont think the only way for the main character of an anime to be good, is for him to kill tons of people.

Agree'd just like yang is my favorite character of all time doesn't mean I like to see a murderer as the MC. Just like could he have used his power for anything else?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Gintama is love. And life. And a whole lotta dirty jokes and people being assholes to each other in rather funny ways. Except when things get dead loving serious... but then it's back to dick-and-fart-joke-central. The manga did go on a year-long arc where it was mostly serious, but who knows how it's gonna go on the anime.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Wark Say posted:

Gintama is love. And life. And a whole lotta dirty jokes and people being assholes to each other in rather funny ways. Except when things get dead loving serious... but then it's back to dick-and-fart-joke-central. The manga did go on a year-long arc where it was mostly serious, but who knows how it's gonna go on the anime.

This is fact, I thought I was just going to get MAL/reddit poo poo, but it turned out to be one of my most memorable experiences.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Speaking of MyAnimelist, they just got bought out by Dena of all companies. They're the mobile gaming company that Nintendo is teaming up with, and did FF record keeper.

EDIT: Well they also did the manga box app so not completely outta the blue.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jul 19, 2015

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Did persona 4 ultimax sell well

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

Did persona 4 ultimax sell well

quote:

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax made its debut atop the Japanese software charts with 89,000 units sold, according to the latest figures from sales tracking authority Media Create.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Is that good

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's an expansion of a spinoff of a JRPG into a fairly niche genre so maybe? I donno.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

Is that good
'at the top of the japanese sales charts'

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

'at the top of the japanese sales charts'

that's not saying much these days

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

greyhound dogs are little horses

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think it is time to get back to watching Michiko and Hatchin.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Sometimes I wonder what would be worse: more American attempts at live action anime (Dragonball Evolution, however Ghost in the Shell/Akira/Battle Angel Alita turn out), or the slurry of young adult novels-turned movie franchise.

It's a tough choice to make, since DB Evolution had some hilariously horrible moments (RIP Asian redneck Yamcha)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

chumbler posted:

I think it is time to get back to watching Michiko and Hatchin.

This is a good choice.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Don't worry, I'm sure we'll get to see both

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

looking at random weeks of game sales in Japan, P4U having 89k is fairly low. it also dropped to 12k on week two.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Endorph posted:

in fact, killing tons of people is often a bad thing

but Yuri Lowell

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Level Slide posted:

but Yuri Lowell

He only killed 3 people.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

littleorv posted:

Australia

Gosh, Akira is a pretty movie

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

Sometimes I wonder what would be worse: more American attempts at live action anime (Dragonball Evolution, however Ghost in the Shell/Akira/Battle Angel Alita turn out), or the slurry of young adult novels-turned movie franchise.

It's a tough choice to make, since DB Evolution had some hilariously horrible moments (RIP Asian redneck Yamcha)

The Tom Cruise anime movie was pretty good (actually a novel/manga but whatever).

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they should've kept the giant battle axe though

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What if...for the next arc system persona fighting game..you could play as eikichi >:}

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont think there is going to be a next persona fighting game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

arcsys is working on a new blazblue and a new guilty gear, and they've said they want to start a new franchise

• Locked thread