Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dekko
May 23, 2007

DStecks posted:

I started a game at the Charlemagne bookmark, and has anybody else noticed a significant number of totally black CoA's?

Also, from at least the Mongols bookmark on, the south of Sri Lanka appears to be wasteland by mistake. :v:

I have this problem, thought it was cool at first (BLACK FLAG KHANATE :black101:) but now its irritating and the suggested fixes arent working

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Dekko posted:

I have this problem, thought it was cool at first (BLACK FLAG KHANATE :black101:) but now its irritating and the suggested fixes arent working

It's a bug that the beta patch fixes.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Loomer posted:

Whenever I pillage holdings, they aren't destroyed. It's annoying me.

They're only destroyed if they have no upgrades. Pillaging destroys 4 upgrades and when there are less than 4 it destroys all of them.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Question: I am a mongol nomad. Is there some reason that "grant title and eveything under it" or whatever isn't functioning AT ALL? It's really goddamn hard handing out larger amounts of land when you have to do it one county at a time.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Midnight Voyager posted:

Question: I am a mongol nomad. Is there some reason that "grant title and eveything under it" or whatever isn't functioning AT ALL? It's really goddamn hard handing out larger amounts of land when you have to do it one county at a time.

Nomads don't give a gently caress about dutchies etc.

Hambilderberglar
Dec 2, 2004

Any tips on how to better manage grandchildren and great-grandchildren? (ie: people who are first in line to inherit) I educate my heirs but I usually lose track of grandchildren and further down the line, which limits my ability to generate awesome trait combos. Is there a notification I can turn on that will alert me when these kids get born or reach 5 years of age so I can pick who schools them?

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Has anyone been getting a bug where the stat effects from educations aren't being counted? Really annoying because my Brilliant Strategist heir is currently a mediocre commander when he should be an unstoppable killing machine. I can just add the points he should have with the console but it's still a pain.

UrbicaMortis fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jul 19, 2015

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

cock hero flux posted:

They're only destroyed if they have no upgrades. Pillaging destroys 4 upgrades and when there are less than 4 it destroys all of them.

2 in the beta patch. :negative:

Meanwhile on the Paradox forums: "What happened to the rape/torture mod?"

quote:

Well, regardless, I'll be throwing my First Night mod on here when I'm satisfied with it. Touchy or not, not having the ability to force breed is just silly and unrealistic.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
"force breed"

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Sep 17, 2018

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

UrbicaMortis posted:

Has anyone been getting a bug where the stat effects from educations aren't being counted? Really annoying because my Brilliant Strategist heir is currently a mediocre commander when he should be an unstoppable killing machine. I can just add the points he should have with the console but it's still a pain.

I've noticed since the new patch it usually takes a few days before they show up.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

UrbicaMortis posted:

Yes, normally (now) it just takes a few days but one of my characters never got his education stats at all.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
how do the event-spawned hordes take to the new model? are they generally spookier or easier? do they implode fast? are they eternal beasts?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Event hordes are annoying as gently caress. I'm battling against a jihad in one of my games and one of the combatants is a 5-province sheikh from India who has 40,000 event spawned troops that can march as a giant unit across the deepest deserts of Persia and Arabia without attrition.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
how about the ilkhanate/golden horde?

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!
Has someone mentioned lunatic is the best trait yet?

Just a shame the genius brother didn't inherit the wolf genes of his father/siblings.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's awesome. I really hate that Lunatic has so many cool unique events and options because I've never managed to get a Lunatic ruler without cheating or ruler designer. I was also kinda mad the only time the Joan of Arc event chain happened to me, my ruler happened to also be an unmarried, chaste, True Christian Knight with like 30 martial but the female knight always spawns as Celibate. I wanted to have a badass warrior queen for my badass warrior king. Oh well.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Larry Parrish posted:

That's awesome. I really hate that Lunatic has so many cool unique events and options because I've never managed to get a Lunatic ruler without cheating or ruler designer. I was also kinda mad the only time the Joan of Arc event chain happened to me, my ruler happened to also be an unmarried, chaste, True Christian Knight with like 30 martial but the female knight always spawns as Celibate. I wanted to have a badass warrior queen for my badass warrior king. Oh well.

There is an event in the La Pucelle chain ("[From.GetFirstName] and the [Root.GetTitle]") where you can seduce her and she loses Celibate.

code:
narrative_event = {
	id = SoA.5357
	title = EVTNAME_SoA_5357
	desc = EVTDESC_SoA_5357
	picture = GFX_evt_daughter_asking_father
	border = GFX_event_narrative_frame_religion

is_triggered_only = yes

option = {
		name = EVTOPTA_SoA_5357
		hidden_tooltip = { narrative_event = { id = SoA.5358 } }
	}
	option = {
		name = EVTOPTB_SoA_5357
		piety = 30
		add_trait = zealous
		hidden_tooltip = { narrative_event = { id = SoA.5359 } }
	}
	option = {
		name = EVTOPTC_SoA_5357
		prestige = 30
		FROM = {
			prestige = -30
		}
		hidden_tooltip = { narrative_event = { id = SoA.5360 } }
	}
	option = {
		name = EVTOPTD_SoA_5357
		tooltip_info = lustful
		tooltip_info = cynical
		tooltip_info = intrigue
		trigger = {
			trait = lustful
			trait = cynical
			intrigue = 10
			is_female = no
		}
		random_list = {
			20 = {
				add_lover = FROM
				FROM = {
					remove_trait = celibate
					prestige = -50
					if = {
						limit = { has_nickname = nick_the_maid }
						give_nickname = nick_the_bold
					}
				}
				hidden_tooltip = { narrative_event = { id = SoA.5361 } }
			}
			80 = {
				hidden_tooltip = { narrative_event = { id = SoA.5362 } }
			}
		}
	}
}
I think she loses her ability to lead troops if you marry her, though.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
When I decided the fight with the Uyghurs couldn't be won and hosed off to India, the Noyan were one of the Khaganates that the clans I gave my territory to and then made independent turned into.

Now look at the fuckers.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Autonomous Monster posted:

I think she loses her ability to lead troops if you marry her, though.

I really wish there was a way to guarantee having badass warrior queens without mods. The flags for having female commanders/councilors seem to be really funky. And the only mod that does this stuff just makes it work that way for everyone instead of something you have to work for.

And does anyone know of a way to make a pop-up or whatever when a tributary of mine dies? I just scroll out and attack them if I can see their name on the map again but that's kind of a lovely way of doing that.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Doctor Schnabel posted:

how about the ilkhanate/golden horde?

I have the same question. The Mongols as the "Mongol Empire" under Genghis showed up at 1215 in my current game, but they're just sitting in the northeast corner of the map doing gently caress all.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I gotta say I haven't enjoyed playing CK2 what so ever since Charlemagne... But all of the changes Horse Lords makes to make Tribals less tedious to play and interact with really, really help, especially since all of the old fun starts were ruined by the lovely mechanics. Playing Tribal Ireland isn't as mindfuckingly boring now that you can make every single lovely chieftan your tributary and rack up cash fairly fast. And you can't banish the jews every generation for infinite money, but that loan still helps you get one holding up to level 4 town or castle. Then you just gotta raid and tributary your way up to a duchy to adopt feudalism or republicanism.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
I wonder how long it'll be before there's an 'everyone nomad' mod like the 'everyone tribal' mod?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wouldn't be a very fun mod IMO... Would be cool to watch in Observe I guess. But then again I don't think Nomads can ever settle down if there aren't existing settlements to steal. So it would just be like a CK2 lava lamp pretty much. Bunch of blobs moving around and changing.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Larry Parrish posted:

Wouldn't be a very fun mod IMO... Would be cool to watch in Observe I guess. But then again I don't think Nomads can ever settle down if there aren't existing settlements to steal. So it would just be like a CK2 lava lamp pretty much. Bunch of blobs moving around and changing.

Nomads can settle as tribes in their capital under certain circumstances. It'd still be dumb since the newly tribal guy would be eaten by the other nomads.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rumda posted:

Nomads don't give a gently caress about dutchies etc.

I just wanna use them as shortcuts to give a bunch of poo poo out at once, it's weird that it won't let me even though the checkbox is still clickable.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a way to ransom my indirect vassal son from my direct vassal granddaughter. He's been in prison for like 15 years and I'd really like him to not die in prison.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
Could someone please explain nomad inheritance? Just played for an hour, haven't had much time because of work, and my character, boss of the clans, dies. That's when I noticed my heir was not boss of the clans, and to make matters worse my new Liege is Sunni.

No thanks.

Is there some sort of election, or prestige criteria? That's what I thought, but the new heir to the Khanate is the new guys kid...

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Midnight Voyager posted:

I just wanna use them as shortcuts to give a bunch of poo poo out at once, it's weird that it won't let me even though the checkbox is still clickable.

I swear something is borked with that though. Even as a feudal ruler doing the 'give all titles under' it gives everything to the vassal except the temple holdings, which I then have to manually hand over.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

ZombieLenin posted:

Could someone please explain nomad inheritance? Just played for an hour, haven't had much time because of work, and my character, boss of the clans, dies. That's when I noticed my heir was not boss of the clans, and to make matters worse my new Liege is Sunni.

No thanks.

Is there some sort of election, or prestige criteria? That's what I thought, but the new heir to the Khanate is the new guys kid...

The strongest inherits. Your son was weak. :colbert:

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

UrbicaMortis posted:

Is this a bug? I noticed my nomad kids with stuff like "elusive shadow" having an intrigue an intrigue of 3.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

The strongest inherits. Your son was weak. :colbert:

And what counts as "strongest." Is it a prestige check, martial check, or something else?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

ZombieLenin posted:

And what counts as "strongest." Is it a prestige check, martial check, or something else?

I think it's prestige and martial score? I know sending your son out to do mercenary work seems to make him the best candidate.

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

See you in the funny papers, liebchen!
If your heir is a child, you lose the Khaganate. Also, if one of the clans' populations is bigger than yours, they have a shot at the Khaganate. I think, anyway.

mythomanic
Aug 19, 2009
Also it's a really not a big deal if your liege is a different religion as a nomad. You can switch to the religion of any other clan with little impunity by just interacting with them in the clan menu.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Hey Groggy, does "secondary_graphical_culture" and "second_graphical_culture" do the same thing in the 00_cultures.txt file?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Anyone have a good startup guide for playing as nomads?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Hey Groggy, does "secondary_graphical_culture" and "second_graphical_culture" do the same thing in the 00_cultures.txt file?

Yes, but they're both going to be obsolete with the new patch that's being betaed. (graphical_culture and both the secondary syntaxes will be replaced with "graphical_cultures = { whatevergfx whatever2gfx etcgfx }"

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chickpea Roar posted:

Has someone mentioned lunatic is the best trait yet?

Just a shame the genius brother didn't inherit the wolf genes of his father/siblings.

Huh, have sky burials for Zoroastrian characters always been in the game, or is that new with Horse Lords? It's a neat addition either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Dallan Invictus posted:

Yes, but they're both going to be obsolete with the new patch that's being betaed. (graphical_culture and both the secondary syntaxes will be replaced with "graphical_cultures = { whatevergfx whatever2gfx etcgfx }"

drat, and I had just updated my mod's culture files too.

• Locked thread