Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.

Prop Wash posted:

Nah, though.

Since launch, he's spent 1/8 of his life playing this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Vic Boss posted:

Since launch, he's spent 1/8 of his life playing this game.

I did the math and 6560 hours is only 273 days.

He's only 273 days old?

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Skunkrocker posted:

I did the math and 6560 hours is only 273 days.

He's only 273 days old?

No. Rebirth is.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Oh I got it now, yeah, since launch.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Now I wonder how many hours some of the more popular streamers have put into this game.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Like I said, I mostly play while I'm working. I'm sure a lot of that time is spent with the game idling when I actually have to do work.

Either way, that breaks down to 3 hours a day which is a drat sight less than I've spent on MMOs in the past.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Samuel Clemens posted:

Now I wonder how many hours some of the more popular streamers have put into this game.

CobaltStreak probably has 1800ish. I'm just estimating based on six hours a day. Northernlion has 620ish episodes at 30-60 minutes each, plus three hours a week in his online shows, plus he mentioned playing it on Vita a lot just for fun.

And I have 500ish hours and haven't made a dime off of playing it.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.
I think I finally found a loadout that's made better by Cursed Eye. Granted, it's hilariously overpowered even before adding Cursed Eye, but whatever.

Use seed HRC0 Q7VX, as Eden, head for the Chest.

Highlights: Infestation 2 (starting item) + Ipecac (Caves 1 treasure room, yes pick it up) + Hivemind (Depths 2 store) + Technology 2 (Depths 2 treasure room) + Spoon Bender (The Chest, starting room) + Cursed Eye (The Chest, if a chest drops in the correct room). At that point, Cursed Eye is useful to effectively turn off Ipecac (hold the charge forever) while still taking advantage of the higher damage for Tech 2 and spiders. Bonus points if you manage the Guppy transformation on top of that--it'll take some luck, but at least Guppy's Paw seemed to be in the Cathedral reliably.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

BJPaskoff posted:

CobaltStreak probably has 1800ish. I'm just estimating based on six hours a day. Northernlion has 620ish episodes at 30-60 minutes each, plus three hours a week in his online shows, plus he mentioned playing it on Vita a lot just for fun.

And I have 500ish hours and haven't made a dime off of playing it.

NorthernLion's steam page is set to private, so I couldn't tell you about him. CobaltStreak's says he has about 1,200 hours played. (https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197994998171) He does, however, have 3,212 hours played in the original on top of the 1,217 played in Rebirth.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

IMy win streak isn't updating for successful clears - it's at -16 but I've won twice running - and I'm not gaining Eden tokens. What gives?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Jedit posted:

IMy win streak isn't updating for successful clears - it's at -16 but I've won twice running - and I'm not gaining Eden tokens. What gives?

Maybe you're playing with a special seed, like BASE MENT?

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
What's the white 2-prong power cord do? E: and the bowl of poop <---this one was Lunch

MPLS to NOLA fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jul 18, 2015

Codiekitty
Nov 7, 2014

The power cord (Sharp Plug) allows you to fully recharge your usable item at the cost of two hearts by pressing the use button, but only if the meter for it is completely empty. If you have even one bar filled, it won't work.

I don't know about the "bowl of poop".

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I'm guessing the bowl of poop is Lunch, which just gives you another heart container.

Use this link for all your item identifying needs: http://platinumgod.co.uk/

I still need to use it for Pandora's Box and some of the trinkets.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Jedit posted:

Are you beating the game, or just the heart? Once you've unlocked the other routes, you have to go down one for it to count as a victory on your stats.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Are you beating the game, or just the heart? Once you've unlocked the other routes, you have to go down one for it to count as a victory on your stats.

These are full clears to the Chest on Eden, no seed used.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Jedit posted:

These are full clears to the Chest on Eden, no seed used.

I don't know about your win streak, but winning as Eden just returns the token you spent, so you don't gain anymore by playing as them.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Last night I got so lucky with a Lost run. I had decent damage, amazing speed and shot speed, 9 lives, book of belial and rotten baby.

My first enemy room in the dark room was double Adversary and I choked :(

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Short question: If you kill the Lamb and then Mega Satan does the first still count?

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

You're pretty good.

genericnick posted:

Short question: If you kill the Lamb and then Mega Satan does the first still count?

Yes.

Also here's a video I made. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt7Bs1_BZX0

Vic Boss fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jul 19, 2015

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

As soon as the lamb dies, that counts. Even if you die after defeating it, that still counts.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Why pop the teleport just when the first phase dies? Why not go all the way through to the death of the 2nd phase?

I've had a few runs where I got Forget Me Now in the Chest, killed Lost??? and Mega Satan, popped FMN right when the big skull died, and got to kill the Lost again. I believe that counts as 2 wins in your streak.

One of these days I will do that and get Dad's Key in the rerolled Chest so I can double them both.

VVV right, right

IMJack fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Jul 20, 2015

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

You're pretty good.

IMJack posted:

Why pop the teleport just when the first phase dies? Why not go all the way through to the death of the 2nd phase?

I've had a few runs where I got Forget Me Now in the Chest, killed Lost and Mega Satan, popped FMN right when the big skull died, and got to kill the Lost again. I believe that counts as 2 wins in your streak.

One of these days I will do that and get Dad's Key in the rerolled Chest so I can double them both.

You mean Blue Baby and not The Lost, right?

I wasn't planning on using my Moon card before going in there, but since it was so easy I thought it'd be fun. I was worried I'd defeat the skull and the game would end before I used the card, so I played it super safe.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Another short question: If I re-roll the items in a library will I only ever get books?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

genericnick posted:

Another short question: If I re-roll the items in a library will I only ever get books?

If it works like it did in the last game and I hear that it does, yes but only at first. Once you exhaust all the books in the pool it starts spawning items from other pools.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Skunkrocker posted:

If it works like it did in the last game and I hear that it does, yes but only at first. Once you exhaust all the books in the pool it starts spawning items from other pools.

It does. After the book pool is exhausted it starts pulling from the item room pool. Just make sure you touch each book before you reroll them or they'll keep showing up.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Libra can do some wonderful things :allears:

I had PhD and There's Options, so I managed to snag an outrageous amount of stat-ups... and then I found Soy Milk.

The tears spawned above my head (is that what shot height does?), so it was kind of hard to aim. My fire rate was insane (no surprise there), but a single one of those tears was enough to one-shot just about every enemy in the game. Bosses didn't fare much better.

Then something magical happened when I reached the Chest:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5Ds9jNuiJw

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Your Computer posted:

Libra can do some wonderful things :allears:

I had PhD and There's Options, so I managed to snag an outrageous amount of stat-ups... and then I found Soy Milk.

The tears spawned above my head (is that what shot height does?), so it was kind of hard to aim. My fire rate was insane (no surprise there), but a single one of those tears was enough to one-shot just about every enemy in the game. Bosses didn't fare much better.

Then something magical happened when I reached the Chest:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5Ds9jNuiJw

:magical: Seed?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Oh man, I never remember to save seeds :( Google told me to look in the log file but it wasn't there either, sorry.

Your username is so appropriate too..

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

I had a pretty good Judas build in Sheol; nothing overpowering, mostly just a good fire rate and high damage, as well as having picked up two fly items and one Guppy items. Found a Dice Room that changed my loadout into an utter abomination - Number One, Soy Milk, Monstro's Lung, and Fire Mind. I had to get right on top of enemies to get into range, my tears did basically no damage, and they randomly exploded in my face. The real insult is that the reroll didn't give me another fly or Guppy item, so I still didn't have flying, and I could only find Dead Cat on the next floor before I died. That wasn't my favorite run.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Afterbirth update

Rebirth for XBone, WiiU, and 3DS is out on Thursday.

Afterbirth OST is up for pre-order on Bandcamp, and there's a new track to preview. https://ridiculon.bandcamp.com/album/the-binding-of-isaac-afterbirth-ost

Lilith and her starting familiar Incubus in action:

Along with the unidentified golden box she also starts with, and one other passive that doesn't have any hints that I can see.

Hidden link:

And the string OneVmVUPe? is in the Tumblr tags, but it doesn't come up with anything on bit.ly, goo.gl, or imgur

I'm thinking the Incubus shoots the normal tears Lilith would shoot if she wasn't blind. Combined with an Isaac that wasn't blind, that's double your firepower. It probably wouldn't get any special shot changers for balance. The box probably spawns some kind of pet.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Looks like super greed in that secret photo. Penny eyes, all those coins, in a secret room you have to bomb into

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

IMJack posted:

And the string OneVmVUPe? is in the Tumblr tags, but it doesn't come up with anything on bit.ly, goo.gl, or imgur

I'm thinking the Incubus shoots the normal tears Lilith would shoot if she wasn't blind. Combined with an Isaac that wasn't blind, that's double your firepower. It probably wouldn't get any special shot changers for balance. The box probably spawns some kind of pet.

It's 1 not One. Goes to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBzoUx7pUP4

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I haven't been able to figure it out or track it down to any one particular item, but what is the story with the evil, Necronomicon-looking book that occasionally pops up on the screen and kills/damages all enemies in the room? It's saved my rear end more than a couple of times, but I'm unable to reliably "conjure" it.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I haven't been able to figure it out or track it down to any one particular item, but what is the story with the evil, Necronomicon-looking book that occasionally pops up on the screen and kills/damages all enemies in the room? It's saved my rear end more than a couple of times, but I'm unable to reliably "conjure" it.

Dry baby getting hit by a tear?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Jusupov posted:

Dry baby getting hit by a tear?

I didn't realize that was what was happening, but I think you're right. I found the Necronomicon on the wiki and knew for certain that I had never picked it up, but Dry Babies can apparently trigger the same effect. Learn something new!

EDIT: A funny thing just happened earlier tonight--I made it to Womb II for the first time, but inadvertently triggered something that teleported me into a devil room, but the devil room had a trap door. I'd never seen this before so, naturally, I had to jump down. Ended up in Sheol and my first "encounter" with Womb II's boss was to completely sidestep it.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jul 21, 2015

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
http://platinumgod.co.uk/ Is usually the quickest way to look up stuff. If you enter necro into the search bar it will display Dry Baby and a couple other items.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Black hearts also cause the Necronomicon effect when you lose one

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

Except they display a black heart instead of the Necronomicon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Manatee Cannon posted:

Yeah, but the black heart swells on the screen when that happens. When Dry Baby or one of the Missing Pages procs, the Necronomicon swells.

Speaking of, the Necronomicon was one of the last items I needed to RPG, and I didn't even think about it because I'd seen Dry Baby go off so many times. How often do you use a Death card, anyway?

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

EDIT: A funny thing just happened earlier tonight--I made it to Womb II for the first time, but inadvertently triggered something that teleported me into a devil room, but the devil room had a trap door. I'd never seen this before so, naturally, I had to jump down. Ended up in Sheol and my first "encounter" with Womb II's boss was to completely sidestep it.

An Angel or Devil Room in Womb II or Utero II will always have an exit like that.