Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Yall mad I got vegetaeatingicecream dot tumblr dot com before you did. Please don't bring negativity into this fun and cool show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Okay we are officially in the first 15 minutes of BoG territory now.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

In It For The Tank posted:

That's my TUMBLRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I love that you're in this thread.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Abitha Denton posted:

Raditz was the good son, he wouldn't say a bad word like aych-ee-double-hockeysticks

I think you mean HFIL. :colbert:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Beating up Yamcha with saibamen in Dokkan battle feels heavily appropriate.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Since I Z-Awakened him from Normal to Rare and then got him to 40 again, Yamcha is my best Dokkan character statistically and that annoys me. I'm hoping I can Z-Awaken Trunks soon to rectify this.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

So I get enough dragon stones to summon another character and I'm super hyped to see SS Goku doing the reveal thing since that means a super rare. So I reveal the new character and it's loving Cui.

You raised my hope and dashed them quite expertly sir, bravo!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Testekill posted:

So I get enough dragon stones to summon another character and I'm super hyped to see SS Goku doing the reveal thing since that means a super rare. So I reveal the new character and it's loving Cui.

You raised my hope and dashed them quite expertly sir, bravo!

Nobody ever expects to see Cui.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
Piccolo :allears:

Dragonball Super is the best thing to have come out recently.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Goku is basically Gohan's uncle at this point.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gohan was adopted by Pickles and Goku came back into his life late and Gohan's not really that into having a relationship with him but because of his good nature and the fact that Goku found him out after so long, he doesn't have the heart to tell him to beat it because he's happy with his own family already.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

BurningDance posted:

Piccolo :allears:

Dragonball Super is the best thing to have come out recently.

It's fitting that Piccolo is the closest to being properly in frame, moreso than even the bride and groom.

Also this photographer is poo poo.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

It's fitting that Piccolo is the closest to being properly in frame, moreso than even the bride and groom.

Also this photographer is poo poo.

It's actually fine. Given the border on the top they're all in frame in the full picture.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

projecthalaxy posted:

Since I Z-Awakened him from Normal to Rare and then got him to 40 again, Yamcha is my best Dokkan character statistically and that annoys me. I'm hoping I can Z-Awaken Trunks soon to rectify this.

So if I understand this "Awaken" thing correctly, you can only awaken them one time, and they won't become their higher rank version, with the ability to be awakened again. So I have a Normal Yamcha that I awakened to Rare, but now he's stuck as Rare, and Super Teq. I also have a Rare Yamcha, but I can awaken that one still to make him SR.

I thought it was going to be more like P&D where you can evolve things to just rank them up to the max, but it seems not.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
So... looks like the manga panel from before might be a mistranslation based on the whole 'I destroyed the dinosaurs' gag by Beerus.

I enjoy the foreshadowing filler at the moment, but will admit the humour doesn't quite have the right pace on it to work as well as intended. King Kai's voice actor is really dissonant to what the character is supposed to be doing as well.

Do like that they're trying to change up the actual events of BoG too, even if its just in small ways like the party taking place on the cruise ship. Slightly curious about the possible animation change next episode though - does anyone know who might be involved where the lines got really thick in that preview?

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
This OMG THEY'RE FLYING WAAAAAAAAAAAAA gag is getting real old. How do these people not remember the 5 or so times their planet was threatened by flying space aliens? Also, was the tenkaichi budokai not in the news, at least the bit where the moon was destroyed?

Also, how does Supreme Kai not know who Beerus is? Could he be any more useless?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

sharktamer posted:

This OMG THEY'RE FLYING WAAAAAAAAAAAAA gag is getting real old. How do these people not remember the 5 or so times their planet was threatened by flying space aliens? Also, was the tenkaichi budokai not in the news, at least the bit where the moon was destroyed?

Also, how does Supreme Kai not know who Beerus is? Could he be any more useless?

:getout:

No matter how many times someone tells you there are flying people, or how many times you might see them on TV, you're still going to be surprised when you actually see it in person for the first time. Flying people have only been around for the last maybe 30 years, and only widely acknowledged in the last 10 maybe, and there's less than a dozen of them in the whole world. What are the chances you'd see one, let alone two? Just enjoy the fun before the punchmans arrive to spoil it.

(Kidding, punchmans is cool too)

p.s. This was the best episode yet. Loved it.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

sharktamer posted:

I think you already know the answer to this

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Astro Nut posted:

So... looks like the manga panel from before might be a mistranslation based on the whole 'I destroyed the dinosaurs' gag by Beerus.

I enjoy the foreshadowing filler at the moment, but will admit the humour doesn't quite have the right pace on it to work as well as intended. King Kai's voice actor is really dissonant to what the character is supposed to be doing as well.

Do like that they're trying to change up the actual events of BoG too, even if its just in small ways like the party taking place on the cruise ship. Slightly curious about the possible animation change next episode though - does anyone know who might be involved where the lines got really thick in that preview?

The thick line thing is something that they started adopting more and more for humor over the years. Think of Fusion Reborn and how the whole earth scene with Hitler and Gotenks had those thick lines.

Flippinlikebirds
Feb 2, 2007
I'm an ideas man Michael. I think I proved that with Fuck Mountain.

Astro Nut posted:

But dinosaurs are alive and well in the Dragon Ball world.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Wake me when there's actual stakes in this show.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Firstborn posted:

There never were thanks to seven magic balls.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Firstborn posted:

Why should I?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Firstborn posted:

Ok next episode because that's when Beerus meets the main cast.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

Ok next episode because that's when Beerus meets the main cast.

He might start his fight with Goku by episode 5 or 6

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I think these two episodes of Super have been great, honestly.

EDIT: Interesting thing I found playing Dokkan. In the Kid Gohan event, Raditz says he "has enough power to send you to the Other World!". Weird, it's censored?

"Other World" is the canonical name for the DBZ afterlife iirc, for example the Other World Tournament.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Firstborn posted:

There was a huge snake in the first drat episode!

e: misread

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Vegeta probably had a couple last week.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
beerus really needs to learn instant transmission. he's so impatient!

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
King Kai's voice actor is such a bummer. It's like he's just laying on a couch reading the lines to no one in particular.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
No one posted about TFS's Goku having another Deathbattle with Superman? Huh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0D0VGomWb4

Rematches until the end of time

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

In this week's episode, Mr. Satan dooms the Earth.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Holy poo poo the King Kai VA.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Kild posted:

Holy poo poo the King Kai VA.

Yeah he really brings the episodes down, but I think the issue is that he's eighty four and just can't yell like he used to. The voice was fine back in DBZ but man is it loving grating in Super.

Ak Gara posted:

If anything this is worse than their last one because they're just doubling down on "Superman is literally Deus Ex Machina so he'll always win everything despite the fact that he has lost plenty of times."

Its basically just the flaw in death battle as a whole where they take the most ridiculous things a character has ever done and assume that is their base. Superman can lift eighty bajillion tons, but sometimes has trouble lifting a plane, yet they only ever consider the former.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The new DBM has taken a course for the weird.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Ak Gara posted:

Superman has very, very bad writing, you see, so he wins.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Flippinlikebirds posted:

But dinosaurs are alive and well in the Dragon Ball world.

Clearly someone used the Dragon Balls at some point to bring them back

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Caros posted:

Yeah he really brings the episodes down, but I think the issue is that he's eighty four and just can't yell like he used to. The voice was fine back in DBZ but man is it loving grating in Super.

If anything this is worse than their last one because they're just doubling down on "Superman is literally Deus Ex Machina so he'll always win everything despite the fact that he has lost plenty of times."

Its basically just the flaw in death battle as a whole where they take the most ridiculous things a character has ever done and assume that is their base. Superman can lift eighty bajillion tons, but sometimes has trouble lifting a plane, yet they only ever consider the former.

Yeah they mention Superman travelling 25 light years in 10 minutes then we see in this Episode Whis going across the universe in 25m

StopHangingDjs
Jan 9, 2013

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Superman has very, very bad writing, you see, so he wins.

But DBZ has bad writing and it loss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
"Superman heard a noise on Earth from a neighboring star, we will take this to mean he is stronger than God and not that DC hires hacks without restraint."

• Locked thread