Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I can imagine that if you were reasonably savvy on PC, you could edit internal clothing stats to match what you want and their anti-cheat wouldn't be able to detect that.

Ah, what you have to do for fashion. Happens in every game, I swear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Incase anyone didnt know, you can melee combo into Big Bang Attack and it will keep doing damage while charging up

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
I haven't played since the game first came out. But have they fixed all the insanely random and grindy crap in the game?

For example trying to get certain abilities was basically borderline impossible due to RNG?

UberJumper fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jul 19, 2015

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

UberJumper posted:

I haven't played since the game first came out. But have they fixed all the insanely random and grindy crap in the game?

Like trying to get certain abilities was basically borderline impossible due to RNG?

It's still problematic, but there is a DLC master that can randomly make it so you have higher chances for skills or z souls to drop. However, XP is still a terrible grind. They really need to loosen the gently caress out on all of this grind in the sequel.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Crabtree posted:

It's still problematic, but there is a DLC master that can randomly make it so you have higher chances for skills or z souls to drop. However, XP is still a terrible grind. They really need to loosen the gently caress out on all of this grind in the sequel.

Such a shame, too. The XP curve is perfectly fine and then *WHAM* F2P Korean MMO grind. gently caress Potential Unleashed. :(

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Did SSJ4 Vegeta ever get unlocked for non-preorders?

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
No SSJ4 Vegeta was not unlocked. Or added to any of the dlc.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Someone mentioned something about someone emailing Namco with proof that he 100% completed the game and he asked for Vegeta and they gave it to them.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

A few questions, for anyone with more knowledge on the topic than someone who has only played a Saiyan.

1) What's the best way to go with a Freeza and a Namekian? A few friends and I want to go full alien, and I want to play a Freeza and he a Namek but we aren't totally sure what's the best way to use them.
2) Is there any new version of the save editor? I'd love to try Unlock Potential but gently caress if I can get to level 92. I got to 86 and even that took far too long, going beyond it might as well be impossible.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Mods have gotten cool as poo poo.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

-Fish- posted:

Mods have gotten cool as poo poo.

I thought Super Sayian 4 had red fur.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Covok posted:

With mods it's whatever color you want it to be!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

-Fish- posted:

With mods it's whatever color you want it to be!

In hindsight, I should have also noticed the SSJ3 hair as well.

Is this a SSJ5 mod or what exactly?

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Covok posted:

In hindsight, I should have also noticed the SSJ3 hair as well.

Is this a SSJ5 mod or what exactly?

Just a hair mod and a colorable SSJ4 top, replaces Mr Popo's vest.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

UberJumper posted:

For example trying to get certain abilities was basically borderline impossible due to RNG?

There's a cheat engine table out there that gives you 100% drop rate on every mission. Find it, use it. 100% drop rate didn't make the game any less fun.

In fact the only thing i think would make the game slightly more fun is if instead of just being given an ability like SSJ2, you have to train enough to unlock it. So like get to level 40 or something with a saiyan then complete some specific training mission.

Would make the levelling system feel a bit more deeper than the simple points in punch or health system it is now with moves just given to you for completing certain plot requirements.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Covok posted:

That is actually Super Sayian God Super Sayian 4.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Bandai-Namco is doing a survey asking about the game's strong and weak points and player input for what you'd want to see in the future.

http://svy.mk/1ghycE2

If there's any stuff you hated or hope for in Xenoverse 2 you should probably fill it out

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I'm bad at surveys, but I asked that they not include anymore RNG bullshit, and that they actually detail how to achieve a Z rank.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Yeah, I said that the randomness needs to be toned down a little on the drops and should be removed entirely from the Bonus Mission and Trainer/Mentor system. But I also added how much I liked the little touches like male voice 8 coming from the DBZ:A guys, and how they added the characters from the new movie. I mean really, this could have been a soulless cash-in that preyed upon fans' nostalgia, but they turned out a pretty well tuned (minus RNG) and fun game. I think that should be recognized.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I told them they should push Broly more, and that I did not feel that Broly was featured enough, and that Broly should get more screen time and possibly made a Super Saiyan God Legendary Super Saiyan.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

projecthalaxy posted:

I told them they should push Broly more, and that I did not feel that Broly was featured enough, and that Broly should get more screen time and possibly made a Super Saiyan God Legendary Super Saiyan.

Trying to copy Dragonball Heroes, then? Not that that's exactly a bad thing as such, since this game has already crossed with that. Hmm.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jul 28, 2015

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

What I actually said is that they should tone down the randomness a bit, including letting me talk to any tutor without having to reroll for 20 minutes, and that I felt missing the entire Android/imperfect Cell sagas (and the associated lack of characters) was a little bothersome. However I praised the costume/moveset system for NPCs preventing the need for 30 Gokus clogging the screen, and the ability to recolor MC costumes, for the few we got.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

projecthalaxy posted:

Broly should be louder, angrier and have access to a time machine. Whenever he's not onscreen everyone should be asking, "Where's Broly?"

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Xenoverse 2 needs more movie content, especially from movies 1-4(World's Strongest would work really well in Xenoverse)

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
That would basically be a boss rush

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I took the opportunity to highlight the massive amount of single-player content as a positive, because I love being able to wrangle twenty-plus hours of solo gameplay out of a fighting game and Smash Bros is really the only other thing that tries these days.

For the downside, I actually highlighted the CaC balance instead. I'm okay with being able to make someone really strong, but once I figured out how to Perfect Kamehameha down any enemy in three hits a lot of the game's challenge just packed up and left. The only thing that could stop me from stunlock beam spam was when a Goku/Gohan or Vegeta/Trunks teamup pulled out stunlock beam spam themselves.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Twibbit posted:

That would basically be a boss rush

Not if you include all the minions in each movie, then you have something to work with, not to mention various What If scenarios like Dr Wheelo successfully stealing Goku's body for his own

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

drrockso20 posted:

Not if you include all the minions in each movie, then you have something to work with, not to mention various What If scenarios like Dr Wheelo successfully stealing Goku's body for his own

Broly eats from the Tree of Might and also the Dead Star.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

John Dyne posted:

Broly eats from the Tree of Might and also the Dead Star.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Yeah, I would have liked to see some more Giant Robots, Cooler and maybe Garlic Jr. stuff.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Cleretic posted:

I took the opportunity to highlight the massive amount of single-player content as a positive, because I love being able to wrangle twenty-plus hours of solo gameplay out of a fighting game and Smash Bros is really the only other thing that tries these days.

For the downside, I actually highlighted the CaC balance instead. I'm okay with being able to make someone really strong, but once I figured out how to Perfect Kamehameha down any enemy in three hits a lot of the game's challenge just packed up and left. The only thing that could stop me from stunlock beam spam was when a Goku/Gohan or Vegeta/Trunks teamup pulled out stunlock beam spam themselves.

Honestly, that's got more to do with the AI being dumb punching bags than any particular CaC balance problems. Most ki ultimates are easy to dodge, but the AI doesn't try to dodge - nor, for that matter, does it seem to even notice that you're slowly charging a planet-shattering blast. It usually just flies up to you and starts bouncing its fists off your face while you spend several seconds building up a slow, inaccurate attack that the AI will happily stand still and wait for at point-blank range.

It's actually a whole different dynamic in multiplayer - if you try to use a slow ki ultimate, people will just back off and fly in circles around you until you miss. If you somehow manage to catch them off guard and blast them, they'll just hit their escape move on the first hit and evade the majority of the damage.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

Main Paineframe posted:

Honestly, that's got more to do with the AI being dumb punching bags than any particular CaC balance problems. Most ki ultimates are easy to dodge, but the AI doesn't try to dodge - nor, for that matter, does it seem to even notice that you're slowly charging a planet-shattering blast. It usually just flies up to you and starts bouncing its fists off your face while you spend several seconds building up a slow, inaccurate attack that the AI will happily stand still and wait for at point-blank range.

This is pretty much the show's MO.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I picked this up on a Steam sale. Do people still play it and mash fists into faces? I wish to punch mans.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
You can succeed with any spec. Just make sure you go all in on that damage type with your skill points early. If you want to do basic punches or super punches, that's up to you. Basic is probably less flashy but far more deadly to early AI especially because you can juggle them infinitely. Eventually bad guys get super armor which prevents them from flinching from damage, and that's when things get more interesting.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Ugato posted:

You can succeed with any spec. Just make sure you go all in on that damage type with your skill points early. If you want to do basic punches or super punches, that's up to you. Basic is probably less flashy but far more deadly to early AI especially because you can juggle them infinitely. Eventually bad guys get super armor which prevents them from flinching from damage, and that's when things get more interesting.

Yeah, bad guys have gotten super armor. It's frustrating as hell and I'm not entirely sure what to do about that one. I'm playing female earthling so I've got the infinite combo down but it's a little hard to juggle SSJ Goku when Gohan's just pelting me in the back of the head with weak ki blasts repeatedly.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Throws help a lot in cases like this. Super armor doesn't block throws and they have invincibility frames to boot. Also, if you have the dlc, Tien has a z-soul that makes you immune to kamehamehas (all of them).

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
It doesn't hurt to have a ki-blast on your violent punching character just to help you safely wear down super armor.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I'm not sure I've encountered it yet, so what's super armor?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Some Numbers posted:

I'm not sure I've encountered it yet, so what's super armor?

Your punches/kicks wont stagger the enemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Is Super Armor just to stop you from rushing stages and to get more levels to overcome it?

• Locked thread