Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Which is worse, Xenoblade's graphics or noirstronaut's posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

majormonotone posted:

The Monster Hunter series

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011

majormonotone posted:

The camera in Xenoblade 3ds. I have to keep moving that poo poo. There is no good default. I love the name to bits though.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

xenoblade looks bad but noirstronaut has poised the well on the conversation by being the biggest retard imaginable

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Party Meiser posted:

The camera in Xenoblade 3ds. I have to keep moving that poo poo. There is no good default. I love the name to bits though.

Can't you just push ZL or whatever to center or behind ya

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Xenoblade 3D looks bad because it's a MASSIVE Wii JRPG being ported to a system that can't exactly handle the game's graphics or resolution. The game should've been designed around the 3DS' specs and be ported better, yes.

At the same time, if you don't have a good enough PC, and you wanna play a Really Good RPG, AND you have a New 3DS? Xenoblade 3D is a pretty good investment mainly for the story and gameplay. It's a good game, the port DOES have flaws, but the graphics shouldn't hamper you too much to experience a JRPG that's hard as hell to find for the original system anymore.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
If you enjoy the look of wet paper and pepper then go ahead and buy this game

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011

Tatsuta Age posted:

Can't you just push ZL or whatever to center or behind ya

It's more about the camera angle and how with some larger enemies the arts bar covers up the player. I love exploring with the camera zoomed a bit closer, but combat necessitates a more pulled out view.

I should muck about with the settings sone more, but it at least it's still super fun to play and the cut scenes have their charm.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Thank you for this, updated OP

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Ninjhax 2 is out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOHc5LT-Vr4

http://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/
http://twitter.com/smealum

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

I think Noirstronaut is a good poster and I like Xenoblade

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Uh, spoilers dude?

JFC

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

A Big... Dog posted:

I think Noirstronaut is a good poster and I like Xenoblade

Sounds like this guy is saying Xenoblade sucks.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I wish they'd put out Xenoblade on the Wii Classics for WiiU so that I could play it on the Gamepad.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
I love how everyone making a big deal over the last character and how calling her seven is supposed to not spoiler who it is

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

shaitan posted:

I love how everyone making a big deal over the last character and how calling her seven is supposed to not spoiler who it is

Yeah, I am sure the fact that everyone makes it a mystery to prevent spoilers has resulted in more people figuring it out.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

noirstronaut posted:

That's literally the resolution of 3DS games

Crazy thats the size of the screen too.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Junkie Disease posted:

Crazy thats the size of the screen too.

Calling bullshit on this one

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Cake Attack posted:

xenoblade looks bad but noirstronaut has poised the well on the conversation by being the biggest retard imaginable

Noirstonaut makes some bad posts...but please refrain from slurs of that nature.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Srice posted:

Yeah, I am sure the fact that everyone makes it a mystery to prevent spoilers has resulted in more people figuring it out.

It's also absurdly predictable so I'm not sure why people act like it's a twist.

I feel like half the people who are really all-in on Xenoblade's plot are people who never saw a mecha show before and so don't realize it's basically a giant bolted-together collection of cliches held together by British voice acting and so have convinced themselves it is distinctive and unique. Which is hilariously exactly what happened with Xenogears too!

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I don't remember there being a whole lot of Brits talking in Xenogears.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Healbot posted:

I don't remember there being a whole lot of Brits talking in Xenogears.

You're right, Xenogears is held together by terrible voice acting instead.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I like themes, I like the various free themes I have acquired since that became a thing, but every time I get a new one I switch to one of the plain colors about a week or so later and I figured out why: the sound effects and music starts to become annoying instead of pleasing. Like, right now I'm toying with the idea of buying that purple Espeon/Umbreon theme because it's gorgeous and even the music is great, but I know I will get annoyed at it and switch after a while. I wish there was a way to just mute the themes or preferably to revert to the basic system sounds, while keeping the look.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Saoshyant posted:

I like themes, I like the various free themes I have acquired since that became a thing, but every time I get a new one I switch to one of the plain colors about a week or so later and I figured out why: the sound effects and music starts to become annoying instead of pleasing. Like, right now I'm toying with the idea of buying that purple Espeon/Umbreon theme because it's gorgeous and even the music is great, but I know I will get annoyed at it and switch after a while. I wish there was a way to just mute the themes or preferably to revert to the basic system sounds, while keeping the look.

Do you really spend that long on the menu to really get tied of the sound effects/music?

Also, there's also the Shuffle option you could put all your favorite themes into so that no one of them gets used too often.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I guess I'm not sure how you could be spending enough time on the home screen to get annoyed by the sound effects. Like I've bought a few themes but I'm only on that screen for like 5 seconds every time I turn on my 3DS

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I keep switching games, going to Miiverse, etc, which always brings the home menu, which always does the beep effect of getting to said menu along with starting the theme's song. It gets rather repetitive. Just wish for more options to deal with themes, but now that jivjov is here it will be impossible to discuss that.

I really do plan on getting this theme regardless:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYsPTCumC1A

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Saoshyant posted:

I keep switching games, going to Miiverse, etc, which always brings the home menu, which always does the beep effect of getting to said menu along with starting the theme's song. It gets rather repetitive. Just wish for more options to deal with themes, but now that jivjov is here it will be impossible to discuss that.

I really do plan on getting this theme regardless:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYsPTCumC1A

Why would my entering the discussion make it impossible to discuss? I can imagine if you're bouncing from app to app, the first handful of seconds of the theme's music would get annoying...but again, if you have a collection of themes, could you not use the shuffle option to keep things fresh?

EndTask
Dec 26, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

This wouldn't be a problem if you were using the MGS3 theme, the greatest theme of all time.

No seriously why would you even bother with another theme? They're just there to annoy you OP.

edit: there

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

jivjov posted:

Why would my entering the discussion make it impossible to discuss?

Have you not noticed that most of the time anyone wants to discuss something they are getting annoyed by, you drive by, disregard the whole issue, and immediately go on the defensive? It's disruptive not to mention bloody annoying and it happens every single time.

Like, do you think I don't know there's a shuffle option? I have like four themes: shuffling them wouldn't make this issue better.

Jeez.

EndTask posted:

This wouldn't be a problem if you were using the MGS3 theme, the greatest theme of all time.

I do need to get the MSG3 theme, though, but wasn't that exclusive to buying MSG3 digitally?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Saoshyant posted:

Have you not noticed that most of the time anyone wants to discuss something they are getting annoyed by, you drive by, disregard the whole issue, and immediately go on the defensive? It's bloody annoying every single time.

Like, do you think I don't know there's a shuffle option? I have like four themes: shuffling them wouldn't make this issue better.

Jeez.

I do need to get the MSG3 theme, though, but wasn't that exclusive to buying MSG3 digitally?

I didn't know if you knew about the shuffle option; you didn't mention it in your post, so I thought I'd being it up if you didn't know about it.

The only time I "drive by" is when people are being irrational, spreading false or hyperbolic information, and making mountains out of molehills. You posted a perfectly rational concern and weren't raging about how Nintendo is incompetent.

As for the MGS3 theme, it came as a bonus for buying the game digitally, but it's also available for individual purchase.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I have the Mario, Zelda, and Metroid themes on rotate, and if you can find a problem with that combo then I don't want to know you

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

raditts posted:

I have the Mario, Zelda, and Metroid themes on rotate, and if you can find a problem with that combo then I don't want to know you

It doesn't include MGS3.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
I just have the Skyward Sword and Link Between Worlds themes. I think some people are simply weird.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
how can you possibly get tired of slowpoke lazing about on the beach set to reggae

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Got the Luigi, Hanafuda, Onemuri Pikachu, Sonic Boom, Splatoon, Pokemon Hanafuda, Game & Watch and Shantae. The only one I hate is the Onemuri Pikachu one because they looped the music badly. Hanafuda and Game & Watch have great themes because they are original songs and I never get tried of hearing them. Just need 3 more for a full shuffle, Thinking of getting Swapnotes, RIP Nikki, and a Pikmin one.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Help Im Alive posted:

I guess I'm not sure how you could be spending enough time on the home screen to get annoyed by the sound effects. Like I've bought a few themes but I'm only on that screen for like 5 seconds every time I turn on my 3DS

... you turn off your DS?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Fuzz posted:

... you turn off your DS?

I don't think the 3DS has Vita levels of battery where you can leave it in standby for 3 weeks and it'll still be at like 60%

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't think the 3DS has Vita levels of battery where you can leave it in standby for 3 weeks and it'll still be at like 60%

With Streetpass off it gets pretty close. All that passive wireless stuff is what kills the 3DS sleep battery life.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Since I bought it I have not changed off the Monster hunter theme, it's very chill. Plus whenever I start a game it sounds like I'm going on Mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pairofdimes
May 20, 2001

blehhh
Did those Sega console themes ever come out in the US?