Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

NotAnArtist posted:

I'm fairly certain I still have one of my old Rocklords kicking around, surprised anyone else remembers them

I have no idea what a Rocklord is apart from Eilert Pilarm, lord of rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

That's no Rocklord, it's Stonedar® the heroic leader of the rock people.

Did you read the text :wth:

e: I have no recollection of them being called Rock Lords back in the day but hey it was last century.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

General Emergency posted:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S49022524/#/S19022530

And Ikea sit/stand desk for my nerdstation. It's looks snazzy and now I can stand around shitposting instead of doing something constructive! Much better than sitting around shitposting.

Amazon.co.uk, Play.com and the flea market. Get Silent Hill 2 and 3.

How do you like the desk? I went to my local IKEA to take a look, it seemed a bit wobbly to me. :(

No Egrets
May 30, 2013

That's right, and it's an Armani.

http://ballandchainco.com

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Jerry Cotton posted:

Did you read the text :wth:

Unfortunate homonymy. One is a character from Masters of the universe the others are a line of toys competing with transformers

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Maui Jim "Bamboo Forest" sunglasses. Most comfortable glasses I've ever tried. Super lightweight but it makes me question if it's durable in case of a drop.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

rotaryfun posted:

Do you use 1 kcup to fill the whole pot? Seems like it would be really weak coffee. I'm sure I'm probably wrong though.

You can use a regular k cup for a single cup, or they make larger cups for the pot, which really isn't all that big, maybe like 4 cups worth.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Oh gently caress. I am all hops and grapefruit. Different beer flavors please! I'll pay for them, just please stop all the grapefruit hops, coffee, chocolate beers. Urp.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

VendaGoat posted:

Oh gently caress. I am all hops and grapefruit. Different beer flavors please! I'll pay for them, just please stop all the grapefruit hops, coffee, chocolate beers. Urp.

I had a peanut butter stout a few weeks ago. Never again.

Edit: I did get a little two liter barrel so I can aged my own infused booze, so that will be fun.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Had on of those tonight as well. It's good for exactly one. Maybe two, if you have an amazingly huge hard on for peanut butter

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I had a peanut butter awhile ago that I quite liked but I prefer the flavored stout thing to the crazy hoppy IPA thing

What thread is this again

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

VendaGoat posted:

I just had Deschutes Foray "Belgian IPA" and it was actually super balanced and not hopped to gently caress at all. Give it a shot.

EDIT: Now drinking "pile O dirt" porter from Crow Peak, it's legit as poo poo too.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I bought beer, I'll post about my gunbike part later

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

FishBulb posted:

I had a peanut butter awhile ago that I quite liked but I prefer the flavored stout thing to the crazy hoppy IPA thing

What thread is this again

We swapped spawns with the Destiny thread again.

I just bought a new narrow car seat and a booster seat. Yay for getting a car with a smaller back seat before knowing we were having another kid.

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?

JPrime posted:

How do you like the desk? I went to my local IKEA to take a look, it seemed a bit wobbly to me. :(

I like it and it feels about as sturdy as all the other sit/stand desks I've tried out. They tend to be a bit woblier but this one isn't any worse or better than the rest.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Re: fencing injuries. What the goddamn hell are you doing to end up in ICU? I fenced for a decade in running shoes before Adidas designed fencing specific shoes.

For content, I bought a 20 euro hoodie from H&M in Amsterdam, because for some reason I only brought 1 hoodie on a 3 week trip. I also bought some cute earrings. I am too lazy to produce photos of either.

Edit to add: don't put your developing children in fencing, beyond just recreation. Competitive fencing is brutally high impact. I've had surgery on both knees, a hip, and my shoulder is so hosed I have to move to a less irritating career. My sister has had knee, hip and wrist surgery.

Echeveria has a new favorite as of 15:12 on Jul 19, 2015

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
Got me a watch that I actually don't need, I love it.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

VendaGoat posted:

I had this the other day for the first time:

It's amazing. The lingering spiciness is great.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Stevie Lee posted:

I have one of those in my fridge that a friend left there. I may steal it.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I bought a 22oz Arrogant Bastard Ale, but it was thoroughly skunked by the time I opened it :negative:

I also bought a laptop battery, because now if I unplug my computer, it may just shut off for no reason.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Stevie Lee posted:

Had a 4oz glass of this in a flight about a month ago...it was good, but I can't imagine drinking an entire glass/bottle.

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online
I bought both Amtrak and Megabus tickets so I could go home for a weekend without risking the imminent death of my car. Not sure what I'm going to do at Chicago Union Station for two hours at the buttcrack of dawn, but oh well.

tentawesome has a new favorite as of 18:14 on Jul 19, 2015

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

Echeveria posted:

Re: fencing injuries. What the goddamn hell are you doing to end up in ICU? I fenced for a decade in running shoes before Adidas designed fencing specific shoes.

For content, I bought a 20 euro hoodie from H&M in Amsterdam, because for some reason I only brought 1 hoodie on a 3 week trip. I also bought some cute earrings. I am too lazy to produce photos of either.

Edit to add: don't put your developing children in fencing, beyond just recreation. Competitive fencing is brutally high impact. I've had surgery on both knees, a hip, and my shoulder is so hosed I have to move to a less irritating career. My sister has had knee, hip and wrist surgery.

I don't really know; as you mention, it's very high impact, similar to being hit by a car. I still blackout every now and then. They tried to explain to me at the hospital, but I kept forgetting. I immediately pulled my infant daughter out of her daycare/fencing academy, as they currently don't make fencing shoes for babies. Lesson for the thread, think twice about joining the lifestyle.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

Coffee And Pie posted:

I bought a 22oz Arrogant Bastard Ale, but it was thoroughly skunked by the time I opened it :negative:

Drop Stone an email. They may send you another one because of that,

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

tentawesome posted:

I bought both Amtrak and Megabus tickets so I could go home for a weekend without risking the imminent death of my car. Not sure what I'm going to do at Chicago Union Station for two hours at the buttcrack of dawn, but oh well.

What day/time?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

tentawesome posted:

Listen to an audiobook? Browse the forums?

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online

Slimy Hog posted:

What day/time?

A Monday morning from 5am to 7am.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Stevie Lee posted:

I like this beer on occasion, at a festival or whatever when they give you a 4oz pour. I bought a 6 pack about 6 months ago and still have one left, which is beyond weird for me. I'm not averse to spicy food, but without other things you'd usually find in food (fat, etc) it's pretty brutal by itself. People on the internet are pretty extreme, most opinions are either "if you don't think it's the best thing ever it's because you are a pussy" or "this beer is blatantly broken and nobody with functioning tastebuds could ever enjoy it".

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Geoj posted:

it was good, but I can't imagine drinking an entire glass/bottle.

This describes most pepper-flavored beers.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I split a six pack with a friend and wanted more. I like it more than the Grapefruit Sculpin.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Stevie Lee posted:

I split a six pack with a friend and wanted more. I like it more than the Grapefruit Sculpin.

Setting a high bar I see.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I moved away from Minneapolis last year; and I miss this beer so much. They're just some of the best I've had anywhere, so I ordered a couple 4-packs of each.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Captain Lavender posted:

I moved away from Minneapolis last year; and I miss this beer so much. They're just some of the best I've had anywhere, so I ordered a couple 4-packs of each.

Surly owns but gently caress paying :10bux: for a four pack.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Glottis posted:

I like this beer on occasion, at a festival or whatever when they give you a 4oz pour. I bought a 6 pack about 6 months ago and still have one left, which is beyond weird for me. I'm not averse to spicy food, but without other things you'd usually find in food (fat, etc) it's pretty brutal by itself. People on the internet are pretty extreme, most opinions are either "if you don't think it's the best thing ever it's because you are a pussy" or "this beer is blatantly broken and nobody with functioning tastebuds could ever enjoy it".

Same problem. I can have one whenever but I still have half a six pack in my fridge from like May.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Bip Roberts posted:

Surly owns but gently caress paying :10bux: for a four pack.

I'll pay the premium to be whisked away back to MPLS, while zooming around in google street-view.

:(

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Thinking this weekend will be the time.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Vintimus Prime posted:

Hey...

Congratulations!

even I'm not enough of a goon to be a dick about this stuff

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Vintimus Prime posted:

Finally someone doesn't forget the ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Vintimus Prime posted:

Nice rock, good luck duder