Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

DrSunshine posted:

I can't get over Aizawa's voice in the anime, I always imagined her with a fairly deep voice, actually, as sounding more like a 12 or 13 year old boy than a teenage girl.

I dunno, I think she sounds all right. It's Kuomoto-sensei who doesn't seem, well, gangsta enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

CommissarMega posted:

I dunno, I think she sounds all right. It's Kuomoto-sensei who doesn't seem, well, gangsta enough.

Also her clothes are a really bad color

cyrus_zane
Mar 28, 2014
That is how you rom-com, laughs, feels and actual plot progression. Also what amazing ninja skills. :D

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

new chapter

http://imgur.com/a/UHChm

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

The principal jumping for joy in the background :allears:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Somehow it was the panel of wings at rest followed by a panel of wings frantically moving that slayed me this chapter. I can't handle this, it's just too cute.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!
:woop:
YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!
:woop:
It's everything I wanted and more!!!

Why am I being so giddy about two fictional characters confess with no bullshit and the manga doesn't end?

Annointed fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Jul 19, 2015

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Oh, so you knew," and everything that ensued made me laugh the most, but this whole thing was great. This manga is wonderful.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Incredibly strong faces this chapter. Almost too strong.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Fukkin' amazin'

I eagerly await a return to shenanigans, but now with a relationship!

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
This chapter is great, but the translation is kind of terrible at points. "Just trying to make myself look taller" doesn't really make sense. The original phrase can mean that, but it can also idiomatically mean pushing oneself.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Wittgen posted:

This chapter is great, but the translation is kind of terrible at points. "Just trying to make myself look taller" doesn't really make sense. The original phrase can mean that, but it can also idiomatically mean pushing oneself.

That adds a new spin to the first episode of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei that I wasn't aware of. Thanks for the clarification!

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Tarezax posted:

That adds a new spin to the first episode of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei that I wasn't aware of. Thanks for the clarification!

The first episode of Zetsubou Sensei uses a different phrase. "shinchou wo nobasu." I don't know if that can take on the same idiomatic meaning.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Wittgen posted:

The first episode of Zetsubou Sensei uses a different phrase. "shinchou wo nobasu." I don't know if that can take on the same idiomatic meaning.

Oh shoot, I thought I was onto something, but it was just a coincidence I guess.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

You screwed up kuromine.

But it'll be okay after a bit! :neckbeard:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Me, reading this chapter

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
This is the best :swoon:

Cynic Jester fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jul 19, 2015

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

UWOWOWOW!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Goddamn, that is the best chapter in a while. Almost every page had some gold on it, but those last two pages absolutely slayed me.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Remembered to vote 5 to commemorate, congratulations to Asahi and Youko and I wish them all the best.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Simply beautiful, and with more than adequate supplies of both cute and dumb :kimchi:

Terper posted:

Me, reading this chapter

:hfive:

Seriously though, those are some cute flapping wings.

EDIT: Holy poo poo how could I forget mentioning these two

Oh right it's because of the rest of the chapter :allears:

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jul 19, 2015

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

SHE DID IT
SHE FUKKEN SCORED
AGAIN

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
That was the best. :3:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The principal is very powerful

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Wittgen posted:

Just so you know, the chapter you guys read was the chapter posted to 4chan. I.E. not the final release. It just went through QC half an hour ago or so, and that bubble was changed.

FYI I don't like the chapter being uploaded to 4chan before it's actually done (why the HELL would we basically release an unfinished product?!), but it's not my choice.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Beta /a/ releases are a tradition set by Hox Himself and an important part of scan lore, do not denigrate them

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Rodyle posted:

Beta /a/ releases are a tradition set by Hox Himself and an important part of scan lore, do not denigrate them

Without getting too much into my general ... disdain for /a/, this is a major quality control issue with a simple fix. For a group of people (FwPA in general) who generally pride ourselves with putting out pretty good quality work (it's the reason nothing speeds through), putting out unfinished, rough work is just ... really no bueno. It's not what we do with just about anything else. Why should this be different?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's a joke friend.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Beep boop I am a robot what are these things you call jokes.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yeah, that'll do. That'll do nicely.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Zeruel posted:

SHE DID IT
SHE FUKKEN SCORED
AGAIN

Wait. Hang on. Since when was Youko's mother on the scene? How did she even know to be there?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Artificer posted:

Wait. Hang on. Since when was Youko's mother on the scene? How did she even know to be there?

She's friends with the principal, who is likely more than willing to take her along to spy on her daughter and her boyfriend.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Artificer posted:

She has principal powers too.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
All the dramatic faces were a little..augmented by the blood dripping down. :gonk:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Wittgen posted:

The official release is out now.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

It's probably still not perfect, but hey at least it's QCed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Some of the /a/nons have taken this:

And made some rather awful/amusing edits with it. URL'd because they may or may not be spoilers and I'm only familiar with one of the series to understand the context and because they're full page size so spoilering thumbs won't work.
http://i.imgur.com/Ya2ByYi.png
http://i.imgur.com/wNDoHi6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/O1aWaUl.jpg

• Locked thread