Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I think it just stops after the explosion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Jurgan posted:

the possibility that Harley will be made into a dumb sex object.
Ha ha, good one!

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Finally figured out how to get the weird White / Gold Batmobile back! It's locked behind Riddler trophies. Unfortunately I've gathered over 100+ of the stupid things in the past two days, and I can't recall which one unlocked it.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Jurgan posted:

I'm more worried about the silly Joker design and the possibility that Harley will be made into a dumb sex object.

That blows, mate, because they seem pretty deadset on that lovely Joker design and there's a 115% chance Harley will be a dumb sex object. She's the one licking things in the trailer if I'm remembering correctly.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Gamestop just sent me an email offering 40 bucks back for trade in value.

I'm wrapping up the riddler's last few trophies and I'm severely tempted.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Narcissus1916 posted:

I'm kind of thinking of doing the same. This game didn't add enough to justify keeping it when I have Arkham city and Origins for my Batman fix.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So what's the consensus on the Batgirl dlc? Worth buying?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Haha, finished the game but I forgot about the Harley Quinn pack until this thread mentioned it.

Like, 10 minutes into it and holy poo poo is it bad. The dialogue is like a first draft, and they didn't even bother to animate her face, so when she talks it's just her lower jaw moving up and down.

Edit: And I'm done. Not even sure that was 30 minutes.

Nightwing, you're a loving chump man.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Jul 19, 2015

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

RatHat posted:

So what's the consensus on the Batgirl dlc? Worth buying?

It's not worth $6.99.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Jurgan posted:

I really didn't care for the "upgraded Batman" ending. I thought they were going to do something like "Batman's sacrifice inspired Gotham, so they no longer need a superhero," rather than "welp, guess things are starting over.
Nope. It's called Knightfall for a reason.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Narcissus1916 posted:

do it. I'm probably trading in mine this week, I see no reason to keep it when there's zero challenge map content, the dlc sucks, and by the time anything remotely passable comes out post-August I'll be too wrapped up in MGSV, Mario Maker, and Mad Max. gently caress Batman.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Well I guess 2 out of 3 good games ain't bad.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Fargin Icehole posted:

Well I guess 2 out of 3 good games ain't bad.

yeah mad max probably will get hosed by WB

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It'd be nice if Mad Max turned out good. I'd say it's 50/50 at the moment.

MGSV and Mario Maker will both rock my socks.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I didn't get the urge to immediately replay Arkham Knight like I did City, but it's still really drat strong in my book. The challenge maps were never a big deal to me, except in Origins when they were incorporated into the main story. The AR challenges in Knight didn't have quite the same hook, but they're there all the same if I ever get the urge to replay them. The Batmobile-based boss fights and tank segments are the biggest things putting me off replaying it for a little while. Still, it's not the sort of game I'll trade in (like Origins was) because I will inevitably play New Game + then go through the game on Hard and maybe Hard New Game +.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Yeah, I think Knight is the weakest of the trilogy (better than Origins by a country mile though), but it was still a pretty good game and I will go back to replay it once the PC version's been patched. I really enjoyed the story and the way they told it for the most part, but the main campaign's combat and especially stealth encounters felt kind of lacking. I actually thought a lot of the side mission stuff was way better designed, even if they didn't have as much budget behind them. I'm looking forward to them adding challenge maps as part of the season pass so I can really sink my teeth into them and figure out more about the nuances of the changes they made to the combat and stealth.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
I like Knight best of all 3 games. It had the best story by far, Joker's role in the story was great, and the combat and predator mechanics are the most refined and satisfying. I liked that the enemies in predator encounters would adapt to your tactics. I also really liked the Batmobile. That said, I was never one to spend tons of post-game time playing challenges. I play through it once on hard and call it a day.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.
I'm replaying Origins after 100%ing Knight and enjoying it a lot more this time. Shame about the upgrade system but it's got way more memorable moments than Knight.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Knight has the best Joker sequence in any media ever.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Funky Valentine posted:

Knight has the best Joker sequence in any media ever.

The musical number, the building top scare, the signs, and the way he "animated" Barbara Gordon's suicide were my favorites.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Okay, about the "ending":

Does Batman just keep on Batmanning after faking his death? What happens when he has to do more than swoop in on some thugs in an alley? Won't they know Bruce Wayne is still alive and kicking?

Also, I'm severely disappointed by the lack of challenges in the challenge mode this time around. I remember City and Origins had a huge amount (too many, really), but there's barely any available in the base game. WTF?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

JFC posted:

The musical number, the building top scare, the signs, and the way he "animated" Barbara Gordon's suicide were my favorites.

I'd add his burning, grinning face to that.

It just now occurred to me that the game goes really heavy on its 50s aesthetic for opening and just immediately drops it. I wonder what the gently caress happened there.

Actually lets get a whole Batman game/universe set in the 50s. I always find the more modern technological parts of Batman stories to be the least interesting, so I'd eat that poo poo up.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Forget the Silver Age game people keep asking for, go for a Golden Age game where everyone is completely unrecognizable and very much products of the time.

Batman in the original Bob Kane design, Superman with the black S and only able to jump really high, Alan Scott, the works.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Would Golden Age Batman be able to kill people?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

nickmeister posted:

Okay, about the "ending":

Does Batman just keep on Batmanning after faking his death? What happens when he has to do more than swoop in on some thugs in an alley? Won't they know Bruce Wayne is still alive and kicking?

Also, I'm severely disappointed by the lack of challenges in the challenge mode this time around. I remember City and Origins had a huge amount (too many, really), but there's barely any available in the base game. WTF?

There are two interpretations of the ending:

1. It is Bruce, and he's killed off the Bruce Wayne persona so that he can be Batman full time, all the time. Since people knew he was Bruce Wayne, Bruce dying meant no more Batman in the eyes of the public. He's Batman, so this one would make sense just on principle (and he's done it before in other universes and it worked).

2. It's Azrael, who actually did become the successor to Batman once Bruce faked his death (or actually died, in this interpretation it doesn't really matter), utilizingthe fear toxin as his weapon. The burning bat symbol and general fire and such in the ending as well as Azrael's side quest chain lends credit to this.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jul 19, 2015

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

CJacobs posted:

1. It is Bruce, and he's killed off Bruce Wayne persona so that he can be Batman full time, all the time. Since people knew he was Bruce Wayne, Bruce dying meant no more Batman in the eyes of the public. He's Batman, so this one would make sense just on principle (and he's done it before in other universes and it worked).

This is also how Dark Knight Returns ended, and since everyone has a hard-on for that story for some reason, it's the most likely answer as to what is actually going on.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Any chance it's Jason?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Steve2911 posted:

Any chance it's Jason?

He's busy being Red Hood still presumably, unless he gave that up. There's really no way to know given how ambiguous the main game leaves it.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Steve2911 posted:

Any chance it's Jason?

Probably not. Red Hood DLC apparently takes place after Knight.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Discendo Vox posted:

Probably not. Red Hood DLC apparently takes place after Knight.

I guess. It would have kinda justified his prominence in the game and brought things full circle though.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

If it was Red Hood, those muggers would be dead.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

CJacobs posted:

1. It is Bruce, and he's killed off the Bruce Wayne persona so that he can be Batman full time, all the time. Since people knew he was Bruce Wayne, Bruce dying meant no more Batman in the eyes of the public. He's Batman, so this one would make sense just on principle (and he's done it before in other universes and it worked).

The problem I have with this scenario is this: what does Batman do when he has to apprehend the likes of Penguin or Two-Face? They've encountered each other enough times to know that the guy under the Batman mask is the same guy it's always been. Wouldn't they end up telling everyone, "Hey, Bruce Wayne isn't really dead?" Sure, after destroying the mansion, Bruce Wayne is in hiding, but still knowing he's alive would still put people close to him in danger.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Forget the Silver Age game people keep asking for, go for a Golden Age game where everyone is completely unrecognizable and very much products of the time.

Batman in the original Bob Kane design, Superman with the black S and only able to jump really high, Alan Scott, the works.

I can definitely see a slower-paced, pulpy mystery take where Batman has a gun, and goes looking for cowardly and superstitious criminals.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

nickmeister posted:

The problem I have with this scenario is this: what does Batman do when he has to apprehend the likes of Penguin or Two-Face? They've encountered each other enough times to know that the guy under the Batman mask is the same guy it's always been. Wouldn't they end up telling everyone, "Hey, Bruce Wayne isn't really dead?" Sure, after destroying the mansion, Bruce Wayne is in hiding, but still knowing he's alive would still put people close to him in danger.

Well, yeah, the primary goal of Knightfall is not to fool anyone into thinking Batman is dead. The criminals in the ending are just part of the dumb group that would think Bruce actually died in the explosion. Logically, smarter people like the supervillains would know better than that but Batman killing off Bruce was not done for them, it was done for Batman's benefit. The goal is to eliminate Bruce Wayne so that Batman can never get anyone in danger again by being Bruce. Since the ruse is up, Bruce serves no more purpose to Batman, ergo it's better to get rid of him because he'd only be a liability as a persona after that.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jul 19, 2015

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Pretty sure the entire point of the ending is to be ambiguous.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

CJacobs posted:

Well, yeah, the primary goal of Knightfall is not to fool anyone into thinking Batman is dead. The criminals in the ending are just part of the dumb group that would think Bruce actually died in the explosion. Logically, smarter people like the supervillains would know better than that but Batman killing off Bruce was not done for them, it was done for Batman's benefit. The goal is to eliminate Bruce Wayne so that Batman can never get anyone in danger again by being Bruce. Since the ruse is up, Bruce serves no more purpose to Batman, ergo it's better to get rid of him because he'd only be a liability as a persona after that.

I wonder if Bruce getting outed would start to raise suspicion about his two adopted sons also being vigilantes. Tim would definitely have to lay low for a while, though, maybe upgrade to the Red Robin identity.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

theflyingorc posted:

Pretty sure the entire point of the ending is to be ambiguous.

It's the ME3 ending all over again!

:speculate:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Anyone else on PS4 having difficulty with countering armoured enemies? I seem to keep getting smacked in the face way more when fighting them, even when fighting them alone, and it's pretty much the only thing that's getting me killed so far. :psyduck:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The counter window for armored enemies is hosed up in some nebulous way, I think it's just shorter than it is for normal enemies. Other people itt have complained about the same thing in the past, dunno what console specifically though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, I think it's much shorter than the counter might show. From my experience you have to counter them pretty much as soon as they start winding up or you'll get punched - dodging seems to be much more generous though, so it might be an idea to get into the habit of dodging away then launching into a cape stun instead. Failing that the REC and explosive gel will stagger them briefly.

• Locked thread