Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Larry Parrish posted:

Using pro sneak to pick up the grenades and reverse pickpocket them into all the really strong guys is hilarious, to me.

this is #1 use for pulse grenades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i've never leveled sneak on a character before, and i don't know that i'm ever going to play this again (at least not for a very long time). i'm only 29 now, so that gives me enough time to get sneak decently high if i want to on this char...

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fungah! posted:

wjhat's your spread right now

Off the top of my head:

S 4
P 7or8
E 1
C 6
I 8
A 4
L 9

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the SPECIAL stat system is really good and i thought about to possibly too much a minut eago

like i usually use charisma and perfecption as dump stats because i didn't know about Nerve and I used a lot of steady and I'm not sure what all i'm missing with that

inteligence can't be a dump stat because of how important skill points on but itd be cool to have like a savant skill that igves you way more skill points but negates any intelligence boosts you get

luck is the only thing i can't think of as a dump stat ever because having <3 luck would bloowwwwwwww since you'd never do non-sneak crits and everything would crit you

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i like that obsidian gave you a lot of opportunities to retune you character with caps or with perks after the fact. although taking intense training always feels really boring to me, since there are so many cool perks that actually change how the game is played instead of unnoticeably by percentage increases

anyway, having replayed dead money, and advancing house's story a little bit, i never realized how close the fallout universe was to a sort of star trek matter replicator utopian future before the bombs fell. elijah actually has a perverted vision of this for his utopia founded on Sinclaire's tech, except instead of an american leftwing techn driven fantasy land (like star trek), it's his own worse amalgamation of House and Caesar.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
anyway, i'm torn about whether or not i want to blow up the brotherhood. on the one hand they're pretty awful, but on the other i don't want to kill a bunch of people who trust me... i sort of wish i could convince them to leave or something

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

sector_corrector posted:

anyway, i'm torn about whether or not i want to blow up the brotherhood. on the one hand they're pretty awful, but on the other i don't want to kill a bunch of people who trust me... i sort of wish i could convince them to leave or something

if you blow up the bunker with stealth they sound evacuation signals
iirc the ai is too retarded to actually get out of the bunker but w/e

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
There was supposed to be a way to convince House to spare the brotherhood but it was one of the things that got cut which sorta bummed me out.

I'm pretty sure I remember correctly that you can get the Brotherhood to play nice with the NCR.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
using my high speech to convince them to head back to california would be nice. or trying to turn one of the acolytes against the elder. house does have a point: the brotherhood isn't going to respect the sovereignty of the nation he's trying to create.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah it would be cool if there was an option to help them pack up and leave or whatever. i mean the Official Lore has the brotherhood build big zepplins so uh. why not

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
well, i think i'm going to blow them up. despite having some relatively innocent members in hidden valley, they're still a fanatical group of fascists who won't rest until they determine humanity's fate via technological superiority

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Last time I played I had a million mods installed and no crashes, and now I only have a few it crashes all the time. It's like that how Mr Burns doesn't dies because he's got so many ailments and diseases they all get stuck and can't kill him.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Last time I played I had a million mods installed and no crashes, and now I only have a few it crashes all the time. It's like that how Mr Burns doesn't dies because he's got so many ailments and diseases they all get stuck and can't kill him.

lmao

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I was supposed to go and do Honest Hearts after dealing with Benny to "lay low" but I accidentally let him go and just kinda forgot what I was doing and I've done a million vanilla quests instead.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I just sold every single buffout, psycho and jet I'd accumulated throughout the game to Motor Runner and got maybe 1200 caps...Drug dealing is a fail way to make money. Though I wonder if it would have been more lucrative to not take the pre war money from Dead Money and used all the chips to make drugs and sell them...

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
buffout owns and is a cool drug for cool people.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I always do Honest Hearts after getting the platinum chip because I like the idea of my character being sent to get this colossally important item by House, everyone applauding at the first person to go into the Lucky 38, then murking Benny and getting a summons to go see Caesar, and being overwhelmed at all the sudden pressure and getting out of town for a few weeks.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

2house2fly posted:

I always do Honest Hearts after getting the platinum chip because I like the idea of my character being sent to get this colossally important item by House, everyone applauding at the first person to go into the Lucky 38, then murking Benny and getting a summons to go see Caesar, and being overwhelmed at all the sudden pressure and getting out of town for a few weeks.

That was my idea too, but I decided I was gonna clear up my companion quests first so I could take on fresh companions when I returned, but I did a million quests along the way.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Veronica going hogwild with the Paladin Toaster on her heavily armed Paladin brothers after they kill the Followers she tries to join ftw. Tehy were all in a little room and I just wheeled back and got ready to throw a pulse grenade in and she had already killed them all.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Veronica going hogwild with the Paladin Toaster on her heavily armed Paladin brothers after they kill the Followers she tries to join ftw. Tehy were all in a little room and I just wheeled back and got ready to throw a pulse grenade in and she had already killed them all.

Is she able to use the greased lightning? i never got around to trying it and giving her elijah's last words + causeless rebel but if greased lightning doesn't break for companions she'd be attacking like a ripper

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Several New Zealand newspapers report the average male's erection as being 4.5 inches in diameter.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

That's disturbingly girthy.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Companions? Pffff, who needs companions? I have an anti-materiel rifle. Headshot deathclaws all day erryday.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Fenrir posted:

Companions? Pffff, who needs companions? I have an anti-materiel rifle. Headshot deathclaws all day erryday.

friends?> who needs friends when i have this BIG rear end GUN rofl. being alone isjnt so bad y'all

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fenrir posted:

Stfu.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Dead Bart vs Fallout 3: Numbers Station. Epic Rap Battles of Creepypasta Season 2.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Dead Bart vs Fallout 3: Numbers Station. Epic Rap Battles of Creepypasta Season 2.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Dead Bart won.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I just discovered the Nuka Grenade...

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Honest Hearts is so drat deadly with no endurance since you get ambushed by giant cazadores...lucky I gave my Heisenberg 9 luck and he gets off giant crits with his little peashooter side arm. I have tons of mines because they're too hard to use now...cazadors don;t set them off and I just use grenades for everything else.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Just a thought - cazador is a Mexican name, like the Cartels that Walt fought. SO... how were the cartels defeated? Deadly poisoning. Just something you might want to consider.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Don't forget he murders everyone w/ a machine gun

And he tricks his old friends into thinking he hired hitmen to loving murder them, so maybe u should talk down the cazadores. Just a thought.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm so taking an LMG to the Hoover Dam.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Honest Hearts is so drat deadly with no endurance since you get ambushed by giant cazadores...lucky I gave my Heisenberg 9 luck and he gets off giant crits with his little peashooter side arm. I have tons of mines because they're too hard to use now...cazadors don;t set them off and I just use grenades for everything else.

If you cripple their wings do they set off mines?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
they should have let you VATS your own mines to trigger them.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

god drat owb is sucking away my ammunition and money
spent like 4000 caps on replenishing my ammo so far

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Aston posted:

If you cripple their wings do they set off mines?

They probably have light step.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
you could blow up the mines with bullets or more explosives

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I've never actually tried to use mines on cazadores...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
There's a challenge for killing cazadores with time bombs. I think I'm gonna try doing that and see if I can do it without dying.

• Locked thread