Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Godamn fail rear end bethesda are makign a new Fallot...goddamn that makes me so mad. I freaking HATE bethesda :argh: For totally unrelated reasons I really feel like playing Fallout New Vegas Haha. I'm probably not going to play fallout 4 ever. loving bethesda bullshit rear end retards making lovingly crafted worlds limited only by my imagination. I do NOT wamnt to get lost in your expansive videogame experience for a few months and then post online for years about how I hated it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i started this and i killed benny at the tops

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
fallout 3 and new vegas were both good games with new vegas being prolly a little better but I never actually beat either one cause I just eventually got bored exploring and choosing dialogues cause honestly the gameplay is just meh

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I popped this thread off a little prem because I haven't actually started playing. Had to DL twice because I forgot to delete all the old mods so I could start afresh.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I popped this thread off a little prem because I haven't actually started playing. Had to DL twice because I forgot to delete all the old mods so I could start afresh.

My playthrough is at Nipton (just cleared out the town hall) with no mods installed, except the one that displays all the speech options at once instead of having to scroll though them all

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

apropos to nothing posted:

fallout 3 and new vegas were both good games with new vegas being prolly a little better but I never actually beat either one cause I just eventually got bored exploring and choosing dialogues cause honestly the gameplay is just meh

when I played NV (never owned FO3) my gaming PC was a laptop and to get stuff to run at an acceptable frame rate I would turn down graphical options to the bare minimum, meaning I had basically 0 draw distance and would often get shot/attacked by invisible enemies. as a result I never explored anything because I would run from quest point to quest point until I finished it. Now that I have a gaming PC I got excited about actually wandering to points of interest I could see in the distance, until I realized that there's never anything there and I hate fighting stuff, so now I'm just running from main quest to main quest again :tipshat:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

My playthrough is at Nipton (just cleared out the town hall) with no mods installed, except the one that displays all the speech options at once instead of having to scroll though them all

I shall be basing my playthrough around JE Sawyers mod, with some other QoL stuff that I can;t live without. I'm amped.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

when I played NV (never owned FO3) my gaming PC was a laptop and to get stuff to run at an acceptable frame rate I would turn down graphical options to the bare minimum, meaning I had basically 0 draw distance and would often get shot/attacked by invisible enemies. as a result I never explored anything because I would run from quest point to quest point until I finished it. Now that I have a gaming PC I got excited about actually wandering to points of interest I could see in the distance, until I realized that there's never anything there and I hate fighting stuff, so now I'm just running from main quest to main quest again :tipshat:

Obsidian knew the fighting was bad so they gave you Ed-E and boone straight away so you didn't have to do anything of you didn't want.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Obsidian knew the fighting was bad so they gave you Ed-E and boone straight away so you didn't have to do anything of you didn't want.

I'm going to get Boone ASAP for sure. I'm using explosives/Melee to get through the opening parts but once I get him I'm going to load all my points into science/lock picking. I've never done any of the dlc and I'm looking forward to that

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm going to get Boone ASAP for sure. I'm using explosives/Melee to get through the opening parts but once I get him I'm going to load all my points into science/lock picking. I've never done any of the dlc and I'm looking forward to that

Man...dead money os my fav, but it's one of those rare games that's better 2nd time around when you know where you're going.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Man...dead money os my fav, but it's one of those rare games that's better 2nd time around when you know where you're going.

Is there a suggested order for DLC? I was gonna do release order after I finish Hoover dam, as people prolly originally experienced t

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Knuc U Kinte posted:

the first time i beat the game i thought back and couldnt really remember any fighting

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Is there a suggested order for DLC? I was gonna do release order after I finish Hoover dam, as people prolly originally experienced t

Release order for sure. Honest hearts is fairly self contained, but DM, OWB and LR are all kind of connected.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm somewhere between Nipton and Boulder City loving around ATM. I read some stuff up on mods and the DLCs because I was extremely, ridiculously bored at work. I'm gonna try that gay ENB poo poo again, because maybe I just forgot to turn off steam overlay, and I'll try to remember to the DLCs in order but I'm the type that likes to just do whatever quest is closest at the moment.

Unfortunately I bugged Boone's quest by sending the culprit out but he never shot them and then I never got the option again. It didn't count as complete when I brutally exploded their head with my gun either. Does anyone know how to fix this.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

im only running a couple mods like open freeside and vegas and some lighting stuff, i havent done the dlcs since they came out though, what level should i be for them generally

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

SM64Guy posted:

im only running a couple mods like open freeside and vegas and some lighting stuff, i havent done the dlcs since they came out though, what level should i be for them generally

I think OWB is the only one that's really bad if you are too high a level. 20 is probably a good level for any of them though??? I forget because JE sawyer changes the level cap.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

cant open freeside and vegas cause some problems with saves or fast travel or something

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The game has text with a recommended level when you try to initiate dlc. I saw this when I accidentally almost jumped into OWB and it said Recommended Level:15.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

elf help book posted:

cant open freeside and vegas cause some problems with saves or fast travel or something

I always use them and they worked perfectly for me. Best mods you can get imo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What do they do? All I really want is more songs I think. The game looks fine to me otherwise

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

What do they do? All I really want is more songs I think. The game looks fine to me otherwise

I dunno if you been to new vegas and freeside, but they are all split up into sperate cells in vanilla. These mods open them up and remove the loading screens.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think the recommended order that makes sense in terms of level and story progression is honest hearts, old world blues, dead money and then lonesome road

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

yeah. I got out of vegas and was like "ahh a vast and open world to explore what a hoot!" and then found myself walking from quest marker to quest marker, engaging in lovely combat and making dialogue choices that boiled down to do I like this person/group, yes or no? still a cool game and I prolly played it for 20-40 hours but by then I just didn't really care enough to push on to the end. the unresolved gamer.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I dunno if you been to new vegas and freeside, but they are all split up into sperate cells in vanilla. These mods open them up and remove the loading screens.

Yeah I remember that being annoying when I first played, although since I was playing the game on a cardboard cutout with the word Samsung written on it, it probably made the game playable for me.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

apropos to nothing posted:

yeah. I got out of vegas and was like "ahh a vast and open world to explore what a hoot!" and then found myself walking from quest marker to quest marker, engaging in lovely combat and making dialogue choices that boiled down to do I like this person/group, yes or no? still a cool game and I prolly played it for 20-40 hours but by then I just didn't really care enough to push on to the end. the unresolved gamer.

honest heart's overworld is surprisingly good. it's probably the most appealingly designed open area i've seen in that iteration of gamebryo.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

sector_corrector posted:

honest heart's overworld is surprisingly good. it's probably the most appealingly designed open area i've seen in that iteration of gamebryo.

cool. I never tried any of the DLC. Maybe one day I should give NV another go with the dlc cause I know it's a goon favorite and it's not like I hated it, just got kinda bored.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I've never beaten this game despite playing it for several hundred hours.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Never uninstalled to begin with, so I'm up for it. Someone give me a character idea and I'll run with it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SunAndSpring posted:

Never uninstalled to begin with, so I'm up for it. Someone give me a character idea and I'll run with it.

Braindamaged Legion punchman

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

Braindamaged Legion punchman

Think I already did one like that, but OK.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

my last jesawyer playthrough stalled out just after nipton, energy weapons are kind of rough until later in teh game when you start getting more ammo. i should get back to it though

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SunAndSpring posted:

Think I already did one like that, but OK.

You could also try Energy Guns, High INT guy who only ever uses the two Recycler weapons, or weapons with the Recycler mod installed. Go green.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fungah! posted:

my last jesawyer playthrough stalled out just after nipton, energy weapons are kind of rough until later in teh game when you start getting more ammo. i should get back to it though

I ended up doing the Silver Rush quests until it wanted me to murder the possible companion person and I was like 'nah' and brutally executed them all. So now I've got like 800 energy cells and 400 MF cells. Consider brutally murdering them since you don't lose karma or faction rep with anyone for doing that.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

I ended up doing the Silver Rush quests until it wanted me to murder the possible companion person and I was like 'nah' and brutally executed them all. So now I've got like 800 energy cells and 400 MF cells. Consider brutally murdering them since you don't lose karma or faction rep with anyone for doing that.

yeah i think that was the gameplan once i got to freeside, stalled out just before that. murdering everyone in the silver rush is cool, i've done it every playthrough

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

im friendly with the powder gangers except one guy whostarted attacking me when i tried walking by, so i reloaded the save and when i walked further away from him he collapsed in a heap with all his body parts rolling away, then id get closer and he'd put himself back together again, he was cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

SM64Guy posted:

im friendly with the powder gangers except one guy whostarted attacking me when i tried walking by, so i reloaded the save and when i walked further away from him he collapsed in a heap with all his body parts rolling away, then id get closer and he'd put himself back together again, he was cool

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
I just started FO3 agin and it's hard to get back into. Vault 101 is an amusing start though. I can never bring myself to NOT kill the Overseer.

EDIT: Also the music is drat depressing in FO3. (the ambient wandering music, etc.)

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr8SAAKhGVw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is the New Vegas thread.
Fly away troll.

• Locked thread