Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

Get gud, scrub.

Alternatively it would help if you told us your party setup.

Front row: Landsknecnt, Fortress, Medic
Back Row: Sniper, Runemaster

I have the Landsknecnt set up for links, and the sniper set up for binds. I'm only level 15 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

Davincie posted:

4 is better

I only played the demo for 4, but I just didn't like making my own characters. That's never been something that appealed to me.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

I only played the demo for 4, but I just didn't like making my own characters. That's never been something that appealed to me.

The characters in Untold are all boring and lame though. Including Raquna.

At least Untold 2 is looking better on the character front.

littleorv posted:

I have the Landsknecnt set up for links, and the sniper set up for binds. I'm only level 15 though.

Your setup seems fine, so I don't think you should be having trouble. The Medic is probably better off in the back row unless you're specifically building for a combat Medic.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

God dammit CNN, your interns watch too much hentai

edit: guy on the right just wants to be an idol, doesn't he

Triggerhappypilot fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jul 19, 2015

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

The characters in Untold are all boring and lame though. Including Raquna.

At least Untold 2 is looking better on the character front.

yeah ok?

I don't really care about the characters or the story of etrian odyssey untold I just didn't like making my own characters

4 seemed a lot of fun when I played it, but if I didn't have to make my own characters I'd have gotten that instead

automapping is pretty loving cool

Kinky Cookie Bunny fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jul 19, 2015

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

littleorv posted:

exact party i did all but the postgame with. i dont really remember their specs or positions or anytrhing, but landsknecht and sniper combo well and runemaster is awlays op. if you are lacking dps you could probably remove the medic if you give the fortress some healing

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I started watching Blue Gender

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Triggerhappypilot posted:

edit: guy on the right just wants to be an idol, doesn't he

Those are some photogenic terrorists.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Can I hang out in the chat thread, I got banned from the IRC for talking about Smash lmao

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

TheKingofSprings posted:

Can I hang out in the chat thread, I got banned from the IRC for talking about Smash lmao

as long as you don't talk too much about Smash

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

littleorv posted:

Unless you're like me and stupidly attached to your Medic, you'll eventually want to swap them out for the first class you unlock with Medic as your subjob.

Rest seems fine. Make sure you specialize rather than generalize. A single-element Runemaster is better off in the long run than a multi-element Runemaster.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

as long as you don't talk too much about Smash

Only talking about it because EVO, just saw Falco get gimped repeatedly by Jiggs

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

Unless you're like me and stupidly attached to your Medic, you'll eventually want to swap them out for the first class you unlock with Medic as your subjob.

Rest seems fine. Make sure you specialize rather than generalize. A single-element Runemaster is better off in the long run than a multi-element Runemaster.

There are subjobs?

Cool

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I am glad games like etrian odyssey exist and I hope the next big etrian odyssey game is good and not loaded down with dlc

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Somebody tell me how good the EO mystery dungeon game is.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

littleorv posted:

There are subjobs?

Cool
Eventually, yes. Halfway through the third area.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
If you're not using nightseekers in EO4 you're wrong.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

pon alien posted:

I heard it's like every other mystery dungeon, but with some bugs that make it really easy to break, something about if you buff something more than once, every buff before the last buff becomes permanent, dunno if that got patched out at all, and problems with your characters wasting their skills and being force down hallways making most of your party useless or something

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

pon alien posted:

There's a very easy exploit that allows you to have maxed out strength on every one of your characters that Atlus hasn't bothered patching

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

DoubleDonut posted:

Atlus hasn't bothered patching
What a surprise.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Atlus not patching stuff? That doesn't sound like them at all.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Rune Factory 4 for 3DS is really good

Macdoo
Jul 24, 2012

Bad Tabletop Opinions Haver

Rune Factory 4 for 3DS is really good

Just read the summary on amazon and I'm already hype as poo poo. Hope the shipping is fast.

e:

Seems that the UK amazon has literally no English copies available. I may have to go out hunting.

e2:

It's download only in Europe.

Macdoo fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jul 19, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

littleorv posted:

Atlus not patching stuff? That doesn't sound like them at all.
I'm still just bitter about Catherine.

The final challenge mode is bugged such that it's literally impossible to complete in America. The game's been out since 2011 and it's never been fixed.

There's a workaround if you're willing to buy/borrow a second controller and attempt the two-player final challenge instead, but that's dumb.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Macdoo posted:

Just read the summary on amazon and I'm already hype as poo poo. Hope the shipping is fast.

e:

Seems that the UK amazon has literally no English copies available. I may have to go out hunting.

e2:

we got it like 2 years later because the world is bullshit. heck, we're lucky to have it at all

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Nocturne update: I reached Ginza but still don't have the compendium unlocked for some reason? Been too long since I played last, so I can't remember when/how you get it.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

I'm still just bitter about Catherine.

The final challenge mode is bugged such that it's literally impossible to complete in America. The game's been out since 2011 and it's never been fixed.

There's a workaround if you're willing to buy/borrow a second controller and attempt the two-player final challenge instead, but that's dumb.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BCnrylaLUXM

Get good scrub.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Persona 5, AkG/Parasyte coming to toonami, and a good fall line up.

Future looks bright for anime

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

no im trying to summon the anime mod to answer for his crimes

The mods name is chief waifu tho

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
That Blue Gender is a good anime.

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

Macdoo posted:

e:

e2:

Awwww :( I'm sorry

It's a really good game it's definitely very anime but and believe me I've been trying to not do too ,much anime but I'd make an except because rune factory is really awesome

I still can't trigger the third story arc though
BUT
that's not too big of a deal

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I stand corrected, though the dude kinda proves my point anyway in the comment section.

"Several years" between successful attempts with "A fair amount of luck required." Good on him for conquering the mountain anyway.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The guide to unlocking the third story arc in rune factory 4 is dumb as hell

It's basically something like "ok befriend these 2 people, and then go to bed while they're in your party, then in the morning if they've both left your party and they're both at the same place on the map after leaving your party, then that means the third arc has started. If not, reload your save and go back to sleep."

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Now that I think about it, are there any good Rune Factory/Harvest Moon-esque games for PC besides Recettear?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

100% Orange Juice is a pretty good salt mine simulator.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Bad Seafood posted:

100% Orange Juice is a pretty good salt mine simulator.

I'm starting up a game, right now let's do this!
adtrw goons

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
There's stardew valley, which is still in development, and will never come out of development due to being developed by 1 person trying to make their own harvest moon/rune factory type game, but it will be good when it comes out probably

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
If you are looking for a pc game where you farm and raise livestock and interact with the nearby village and fight monsters, might I suggest....minecraft? :henget:

Or terraria, which is actually good, but doesnt have livestock and its farming is just "grow these magical weeds"

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
you raise animals in minecraft? I thought you just built penis statues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

chumbler posted:

Now that I think about it, are there any good Rune Factory/Harvest Moon-esque games for PC besides Recettear?

It's not actually like those but Fortune Summoner is very good. Just throwin that out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn9pnEWYsCU
http://store.steampowered.com/app/203510/

• Locked thread