Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
I'm on a huge losing streak but all my teammates have been generally polite so it's been kinda alright over-all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
solo queue is fine

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

no_funeral posted:

solo queue is fine

hmm maybe, but have you considered this: solo poo

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqTF5xLKCsU
this just happened

Stumbletron fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jul 19, 2015

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

I saw that, too! :D

I don't think I've seen any Asian CS:GO til now, and it's fascinating. There really are big differences in play style from region to region.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
I had 6 solo qs in eu west tonight. Everyone I met was completely chill, good call outs, no raging. It was weird.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I tried to play csgo with my friend because he said matchmaking is easier now, but apparently I can't play ranked anymore because my account is level 1 or something despite having 50ish competitive wins and being lem previously. What's up with that, and what's the fastest way to grind? I did some arms race because they are quick, but after winning ~5 I don't even have 1/4 of a level gained.

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

Fastest way to grind by far is to get the operation and do a few missions. If your time isn't worth 7 dollars then owning in casual mode is the fastest.

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun
So at this point, I am pretty positive that there is indeed a hellqueue. My main account rarely runs into derankers or trolls. I mean, theres plenty of racism and trash talking, but no "imna sit in spawn the whole game" trolls.

My buddy and I have a pair of smurfs that we deagle only on. This pisses people off, even though it turns out that MGE's using only deagles at MG1 is a pretty even match. Handful of dudes have reported us, and in the last three days i've had 5 out of 8 games with flat out derankers and trolls.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

The Blue Caboose posted:

My buddy and I have a pair of smurfs that we deagle only on. This pisses people off, even though it turns out that MGE's using only deagles at MG1 is a pretty even match. Handful of dudes have reported us, and in the last three days i've had 5 out of 8 games with flat out derankers and trolls.

Sounds fair.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Deciders about to go live at the Asian ESL One qualifier: http://www.twitch.tv/esl_csgo

Renegades vs. myRevenge and Immunity vs. MVP.karnal

Bo3, winners get the sticker money. Carn is casting

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
overtime on map 1 :stare:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Why is maussports in the cologne legends? Did they absorb one of the teams from Katowice?

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Yeah they picked up the Penta guys. They'll probably drop one of them for niko after the tournament but they need 3/5 to keep the spot.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

The Blue Caboose posted:

So at this point, I am pretty positive that there is indeed a hellqueue. My main account rarely runs into derankers or trolls. I mean, theres plenty of racism and trash talking, but no "imna sit in spawn the whole game" trolls.

The system works. Play at your own level.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

I regularly play with hackers (I got two of those report->ban notifications this week) and smurfs and I'm a legit player. :(

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I'm doing my placements and I'm on the cool down. I want to play 5v5, not this 10v10 garbage :mad:. What do I do, friends?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

goonmans

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

I'm bad, but if you will accept me as one of your own I will attend. I'd say I'm probably like gold nova 2 from the matches I've played so far. I think my biggest issues right now are too much center aiming and accuracy with the ak at range. I think I'm firing too fast, I should probability turn the dynamic crosshair back on. I'll post a demo of my most recent game when I'm at my computer.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Here's the demo. My goal that game was practicing that b>lower tuns>cat control poo poo. Also, lets not talk about that missed awp shot on the guy behind the car, picked it up the round before and nobody wanted it :/

Google Butt fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jul 19, 2015

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

Google Butt posted:

I'm bad, but if you will accept me as one of your own I will attend. I'd say I'm probably like gold nova 2 from the matches I've played so far. I think my biggest issues right now are too much center aiming and accuracy with the ak at range. I think I'm firing too fast, I should probability turn the dynamic crosshair back on. I'll post a demo of my most recent game when I'm at my computer.

Just get in the server and let people call you a big drat idiot for not knowing calls.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Google Butt posted:

Here's the demo. My goal that game was practicing that b>lower tuns>cat control poo poo. Also, lets not talk about that missed awp shot on the guy behind the car, picked it up the round before and nobody wanted it :/

Maybe it's just me, but the demo won't load

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Bohemian Nights posted:

Maybe it's just me, but the demo won't load

It's fixed now, here.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
stop throwing that smoke at cat as ct. Its not really doing anything. You need to look at your map a lot more and the number of players left. there was a good few occasions where you didn't know vital info that the map was definitely showing you at the time. Your mechanic are pretty good , but I would go back to the dynamic crosshair for a while because you do run and shoot a good bit.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

SealHammer posted:

Just get in the server and let people call you a big drat idiot for not knowing calls.

Try to be in the same team as Randy wagstaff for a good first time

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

bpower posted:

stop throwing that smoke at cat as ct. Its not really doing anything. You need to look at your map a lot more and the number of players left. there was a good few occasions where you didn't know vital info that the map was definitely showing you at the time. Your mechanic are pretty good , but I would go back to the dynamic crosshair for a while because you do run and shoot a good bit.

Yeah I had a feeling that smoke was useless most of the time, I was throwing to kind of practice that route. A buddy watched this demo and suggested I adjust the map so that it's fully zoomed out, that might help me out. Was mostly focusing on crosshair placement.. Need more hours.

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

prom candy posted:

The system works. Play at your own level.

It sure does, but in lieu of having a non competitive matchmaking system where i can go to play an actual real game of counterstrike without feeling the need to push myself to try and be as good as I can. I understand that there are other options out there, but all of them have frustrating drawbacks. And I can't do it on my main, because I am really bad with the deagle (although upon returning to my main after about 8 games of smurfing over a few days I dropped two 30 bombs in a row with a 50% HS%, where my average is around 30%.)

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

Google Butt posted:

I'm doing my placements and I'm on the cool down. I want to play 5v5, not this 10v10 garbage :mad:. What do I do, friends?

There are dozens of community comp servers that are free to join. Look in the in game server browser for servers where the max people is 10.

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

Maguro posted:

There are dozens of community comp servers that are free to join. Look in the in game server browser for servers where the max people is 10.

I know, but I don't want to play drop in/drop out, and I like playing the dumb operation maps. This is also a dumb thing, but I do vastly prefer lobby based matchmaking. I can always get a fresh game where I get to play on the same team as my friends. If I was just playing solo, I'd totally just hit up community 5v5 servers. (also, having a semblance of matchmaking means that I'm not making GBS threads all over silver/nova level players nor getting shat all over by eagle level players.)

Incidentally, I think that having a hellqueue is actually a good thing for matchmaking on the whole, I just wish it would come with casual 5v5 matchmaking.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

The Blue Caboose posted:

It sure does, but in lieu of having a non competitive matchmaking system where i can go to play an actual real game of counterstrike without feeling the need to push myself to try and be as good as I can.

Matchmaking is casual. It's not the fault of the game mode if you view it as Try-Hard-Mode. Change how you view the game, not the mode.

I've probably said this once or twice now but I play CS with my laptop while sitting on my couch. It's fun because I'm bad at aiming and I enjoy still trying to win games. Just have fun.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I am a huge tryhard but not very good. When/if I get better I'll probably start playing faceit or whatever thing the other tryhards play because yeah, matchmaking is fairly casual. It doesn't even use tournament rules (that 45-second bomb timer feels so luxurious after playing retake servers).

It would be really nice if valve would add unranked matchmaking and then change ranked matchmaking to 128 tick and tournament rules but I'm not holding my breath and at this point I'm not really good enough for it to matter.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

fennesz posted:

Matchmaking is casual. It's not the fault of the game mode if you view it as Try-Hard-Mode.

I think you'll find a lot of this depends on rank and region. In my experience with lem+ in northen europe, I only very rarely meet people who are more interested in loving around than winning the match, and depending on what you define as 'try-hard-mode' there's pretty much always people making calls, calling out spots and generally making an effort so long as it's not saturday night

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Seems I'm lucky to have been working every Saturday night for the past few years the way you guys talk about it. Is it really that night and day?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
I blame the drink

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

MGE in Europe not that far from the north, can confirm. As long as you don't get outright griefers or get totally demolished by a premade, every one on your team will tryhard, including the smurfs; they'll just do so with limitations (ie. no mic or pistol only on an obviously better player).

Saturday night is pretty bad in that you'll hit lots of people ranging from slightly drunk to super drunk, but then again I do live in Poland

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Seems I'm lucky to have been working every Saturday night for the past few years the way you guys talk about it. Is it really that night and day?

I only played a couple games but they were pretty bad. Everyone in DM was way worse (socially) than usual as well. My one game had a leaver on both teams, and both times teams were just really immature and unfriendly.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

:shepface:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
So apparantly I clicked on a stream and saw someone just lose 10k.

https://twitter.com/Ganskatron/status/623209994117222400/photo/1

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

i'm glad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
yeah that's phantoml0rd. he doesn't actually play the game he just does csgoshuffle and other betting site poo poo while screaming into his microphone

• Locked thread