Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
^^ trireme fight simulator

Breakfast All Day posted:

im swole as gently caress so all tvs seem pathetically light to me, dweebs

Well yeah if you eat omelets all day you better be!

I carried a big rear end CRT, 36-40" i wanna say, down some stairs at work solo. Looking back I set a horrid example since I'm EHS.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Is this the result of some bullshit maritime "You turn to port!", "No, you fucker, we're across the international fuckwad line, SO YOU TURN TO PORT!" *DEAD*.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
In a surprise twist, the boat in the foreground is a lighthouse.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Is this the result of some bullshit maritime "You turn to port!", "No, you fucker, we're across the international fuckwad line, SO YOU TURN TO PORT!" *DEAD*.

Actually internationally it's turn to starboard and pass port to port.

The guy with the camera appears to be in the wrong

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

simplefish posted:

Actually internationally it's turn to starboard and pass port to port.

The guy with the camera appears to be in the wrong
It looks like the guy with the camera is on a larger boat that likely can't turn that fast and might be turning properly. The small boat doesn't look like it tried to stay on the port and just went too fast/close so it looks more in the wrong to me.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

CampingCarl posted:

It looks like the guy with the camera is on a larger boat that likely can't turn that fast and might be turning properly. The small boat doesn't look like it tried to stay on the port and just went too fast/close so it looks more in the wrong to me.

Summon the Goon Naval Tribunal

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Sun and water are healthy for you -- but not for your hair!
Fun Shoe

Applewhite posted:

I thought an inverted plug meant the plus was controlled by a switch on the wall. That way you could always tell which plug you were supposed to plug lamps into.

That's consistently been the case in every house I've ever lived in.

If you go by the printing on the backside of the outlet, however, you would note that the ground plug would be topside. Just have a look.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:captainpop:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Joseph Hazelwood's early career

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

just keep swimming

Cheez posted:

Turtles are also, supposedly, legally mailable.

So are birds oddly enough, and many other small animals.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

goodness posted:

Things Garfield taught us

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"
http://postcalc.usps.com/Mobile/Default.aspx

If you don't check "contains live animals" but check "live animal(s) is day-old poultry" the postal inspectors will definitely be involved.

And if you say it's day-old poultry but you don't say it's fragile think maybe about how much value you place on new life vs. postage pricing?

Tokyo Sex Whale fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jul 19, 2015

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

goodness posted:

scorpions, but only for medicinal purposes.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

CampingCarl posted:

Being on a larger boat is not an excuse. Nothing is ever an excuse.

They were in a collision hence they're both in the wrong, how much is each boat's fault is very much fact dependent. But yeah, dude with the camera seems to be in the wrong if it's a plain crossing situation. It's unlikely to be though.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Cheez posted:

Turtles are also, supposedly, legally mailable.

Not by the USPS.

Nineteen‐inch alligators are a‐okay.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-25405543

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

What the gently caress, dude. At least hide that poo poo behind :nms: links.

God drat.

Gentwise
Sep 12, 2003
Gentwise Bankfourthe, Esquire.
Ah yes, I think we're all familiar with the terrible aftermath of the collision of a truck full of small metal rods, and a shipment of human hands.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Tunicate posted:

scorpions, but only for medicinal purposes.

I helped a fellow scientist unpack a shipment of live scorpions once. They were shipped in a large cardboard box, and the scorpions were in plastic food takeout boxes inside.

One takeout box was empty, but the scorpion was just hiding in the wadded up newspaper padding in the bottom of the box.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

rare sighting of Mr McClegg!

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

That is clearly not grafted onto his ankle, come on BBC.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Would they have to do physiotherapy on the hand while it is hanging out on his leg to prevent the muscle atrophy?

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
never gonna find a handbeezy in this poo poo and footjobs are sooo 2009.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
:( My ankle is always itchy doctor, what can you do?

:) Well, I can prescribe you this ointment....

:( No matter the cost and I will pay in cash!

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

FrozenVent posted:

Being on a larger boat is not an excuse. Nothing is ever an excuse.

They were in a collision hence they're both in the wrong, how much is each boat's fault is very much fact dependent. But yeah, dude with the camera seems to be in the wrong if it's a plain crossing situation. It's unlikely to be though.

Go to port, go to court.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

SpannerX posted:

Go to port, go to court.

That's a terrible oversimplification which I'm sure is responsible for a lot of pleasure crafts collision. There's a reason they take like three semesters to cover that poo poo in nautical school. One semester is basically "here's when you should go to port."

FrozenVent fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jul 19, 2015

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

Only queen honey bees may be shipped via air transportation. Each queen honeybee shipped via air transportation may be accompanied by up to eight attendant honeybees.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

FrozenVent posted:

That's a terrible oversimplification which I'm sure is responsible for a lot of pleasure crafts collision. There's a reason they take like three semesters to cover that poo poo in nautical school. One semester is basically "here's when you should go to port."

Woah, I was joking around, this is a comedy website, you know. Do you want rule number and subsection of what they did wrong? It was stupidity on both parties part.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

The smaller boat made no attempt at all to get out of the way so it's clearly at fault.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Grey Fox posted:

The smaller boat made no attempt at all to get out of the way so it's clearly at fault.

I was baby sitting an OSV that was off charter, and a Japanese fishing v/l, that was leaving port, backed into us and put quite the dent in us midship. We were tied to the wall, no engines running, and only an engineer on watch when it happened, and they tried to blame it on us! Later on, when it finally did leave port, the captain left the wheelhouse while going out the harbour, to sing karaoke with guys below deck, and she ran aground.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SmokaDustbowl posted:

can you tell me about the various weights of televisions

Sure.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

I examined the video of this a little closer, and the apparent forward motion of the port vessel is an illusion of the waves passing. Just before the collision, if you compare the relative positions of the port vessel's bow and the surface spray from the starboard vessel (which doesn't move with the waves) it becomes apparent that the port vessel could actually be the stand-on by virtue of being anchored.

edit: the video is such poo poo quality though that I can't be sure now.

VectorSigma fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jul 20, 2015

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

VectorSigma posted:

I examined the video of this a little closer, and the apparent forward motion of the port vessel is an illusion of the waves passing. Just before the collision, if you compare the relative positions of the port vessel's bow and the surface spray from the starboard vessel (which doesn't move with the waves) it becomes apparent that the port vessel could actually be the stand-on by virtue of being anchored.

edit: the video is such poo poo quality though that I can't be sure now.

No.

Both vessels are moving. If the foreground vessel was anchored, the other vessel would've missed it.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Never mind, I totally see it now.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

To be honest, bees are enormously valuable.

And fuzzy :kimchi:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Ultimate Mango posted:

Summon the Goon Naval Tribunal

Bottom left, text of the USCG NAVIGATION RULES AND REGULATIONS
Rule 15 - Crossing Situation

(a) When two power-driven vessels are crossing so as to involve risk of collision, the vessel which has the other on her own starboard side shall keep out of the way and shall, if the circumstances of the case admit, avoid crossing ahead of the other vessel.
Inland
(b) Notwithstanding Rule 15(a), on the Great Lakes, Western Rivers, or water specified by the Secretary, a power-driven vessel crossing a river shall keep out of the way of a power-driven vessel ascending or descending the river.

TL;DR: Whoever is driving camera guy is at fault.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
So apparently it's been raining quite a bit in southern california.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

What if there's a ninth bee? :ohdear:

• Locked thread