Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

KKKLIP ART posted:

Preseason All-SEC team came out, Nick Chubb overall highest votes on any position, Fournette coming in second overall votes. All hiel run the dang ball, y'all.

Looking at the selections, it occurs to me how weak the SEC's QB crop is looking this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I'm going to be honest: I don't understand how Nick Chubb has the highest votes when JK Scott is a titan towering over everyone else that dares call themselves a college football player

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Raku posted:

I'm going to be honest: I don't understand how Nick Chubb has the highest votes when JK Scott is a titan towering over everyone else that dares call themselves a college football player

JK Scott had the 5th highest overall points out of any position, I know you were being a bit silly but clearly the voters know he is a drat good player.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
yay now i can sum up my collegiate experience :razorback2: :retrogames: :razorback: :tinsley:

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums

Spiritus Nox posted:

That would be the wizard's greatest achievement yet, I'd say. Waters-Lockett-Sexton was right up there with Trickett-White-Alford in terms of nasty QB-WR trios, and their running game and defense both were and look to be worse than WVU's.

I should clue you in that I don't take this very seriously.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
goacc.jpg

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Never knew it was possible to have your rear end situated halfway up your back.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I suppose it beats gob1g.jpg

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

As a man from the Carolinas, I find this completely unacceptable.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Korranus posted:

If it were those would all be old men in the picture

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Would, wouldn't, would, would, would, would

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Declan MacManus posted:

Would, wouldn't, would, would, would, would

wouldn't, wouldn't, wouldn't, would, would

Now this word looks weird.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I'd lick all those Clemson moms bholes for sure

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Dabo got swag

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Korranus posted:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Where's the photo of the dogs at the Paterno statue?

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

KKKLIP ART posted:

Preseason All-SEC team came out, Nick Chubb overall highest votes on any position, Fournette coming in second overall votes. All hiel run the dang ball, y'all.

Pretty ridiculous Pharoh Cooper got a first-team snub when he's the SEC's leading returning receiver and is one of the best all-purpose guys in the conference as well. Of course, I'm aware it's just a dumb media poll that should largely be ignored. Trap sprung, etc.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I see rings on all those women, so I'm going to continue believing that old "ripcord on the rear end" line someone dropped here like 10 years ago

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

RumbleFish posted:

Pretty ridiculous Pharoh Cooper got a first-team snub when he's the SEC's leading returning receiver and is one of the best all-purpose guys in the conference as well. Of course, I'm aware it's just a dumb media poll that should largely be ignored. Trap sprung, etc.
That's kinda the one position where there is something of a logjam; the guys ahead of him were Duke Williams and Laquon Treadwell, right?

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

That's kinda the one position where there is something of a logjam; the guys ahead of him were Duke Williams and Laquon Treadwell, right?

Our third year starting QB is behind two QBs who didn't start last year.

Because he is bad

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

His wife is way hotter, but a Clemson man needs no introduction... to dat rear end.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

A couple of them are measured in what we call South Carolina Units.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Scarf posted:

His wife is way hotter, but a Clemson man needs no introduction... to dat rear end.

Clemson should do some throwbacks with this logo.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Looks like Joseph Yearby aka the guy replacing duke johnson is apparently leaving Miami. He hasn't been with the team since the beginning of June and hasn't returned the phone calls of any teammates since then as well.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Weren't Yearby and Cook teammates in high school? Would be weird to see two careers flame out like that.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Dilber posted:

Looks like Joseph Yearby aka the guy replacing duke johnson is apparently leaving Miami. He hasn't been with the team since the beginning of June and hasn't returned the phone calls of any teammates since then as well.

I've been wracking my brain and, short of murdering Donna Shalala while raping scores of children simultaneously, I'm not sure what Al Golden has to do to lose his job.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

I have never gone from liking a coach to hating a coach so drat fast. it's like he hit every single "this is a bad decision" branch on the tree on the way down.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

LeeMajors posted:

I've been wracking my brain and, short of murdering Donna Shalala while raping scores of children simultaneously, I'm not sure what Al Golden has to do to lose his job.

he's not the coach miami needs, but the coach they deserve

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Those were some pretty frightening weeks when there was a realistic chance Al Golden could be coaching my team

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Crotch Bat posted:

Weren't Yearby and Cook teammates in high school? Would be weird to see two careers flame out like that.

Think so wrt the same school thing, but they'll be fine.

Edit: Supposedly Yearby missed curfew one night because he was taking care of his kid and Golden suspended him for it, so he may have severed. This was the reason for him not participating in the Spring Game, but dunno if anything's happened since.

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jul 20, 2015

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Sash! posted:

Those were some pretty frightening weeks when there was a realistic chance Al Golden could be coaching my team

But look at all the first round talent he's produced! :shepface:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Chieves posted:

But look at all the first round talent he's produced! :shepface:

An average recruiter at Miami can poo poo out a couple first rounders no problem. I would love to see Miami embrace the recruiting advantages they have and just go full throttle on the next coach and staff. I want to see Herm Edwards, Ron Zook, and any other lovely coach, phenomenal recruiter go to Miami and just rake in the talent to see if that would actually work. I mean, it has in the past, so just embrace it.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I mean, he made everyone #RISEandGRIND, not sure how much more you can ask of a coach really.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Daedra posted:

he's not the coach miami needs, but the coach they deserve

You're God-damned right he is and I hope he's there forever.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

swickles posted:

An average recruiter at Miami can poo poo out a couple first rounders no problem. I would love to see Miami embrace the recruiting advantages they have and just go full throttle on the next coach and staff. I want to see Herm Edwards, Ron Zook, and any other lovely coach, phenomenal recruiter go to Miami and just rake in the talent to see if that would actually work. I mean, it has in the past, so just embrace it.

Let The Rock coach Miami imo

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I can't look into the future and not see Lane Kiffin at Miami

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Metapod posted:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Metapod posted:

I would be down with this.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Raku posted:

I can't look into the future and not see Lane Kiffin at Miami

He might legitimately own at Miami.

Full-blown dark side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
One-star stadium reviews.

http://imgur.com/a/8XZ34