Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Okay so I suddenly got the itching for a cardbuilder game...but the only cardbuilder game I've ever played is Pokemon TCG for the gameboy...and it's mostly what I want.

That said, are there any single player game where you build decks against AI, and get rewarded with drops--or currency to buy booster packs? The only game I know like that is Card City Nights but...I'm not the hugest fan of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Morter posted:

Okay so I suddenly got the itching for a cardbuilder game...but the only cardbuilder game I've ever played is Pokemon TCG for the gameboy...and it's mostly what I want.

That said, are there any single player game where you build decks against AI, and get rewarded with drops--or currency to buy booster packs? The only game I know like that is Card City Nights but...I'm not the hugest fan of that.

Maybe try a GBA or DS emulator and get a YuGiOh game? That's probably the best option.

Waynebo
May 18, 2004

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god. It even has a watermark.
Scrolls has trials against AI but it's only for tablet.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I think Scrolls is closing though.

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I think Scrolls is closing though.

Yup, July next year or later.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Edit: oops i can't read.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Morter posted:

Calculords, or Hearthstone if you only play the PvE content I guess. Scrolls would have been fine but yeah, it's sadly closing down next year.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

precision posted:

The devs of Alphabear gave everyone 400 free coins, improved the daily challenge design, and added a way to go back to previous chapters.

They also said all of it in a really nice, well written thank you message. I think they might be the beary best developers out there :3:

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
Alphabear is great for teaching kids how to read and write, except when you have 5 letters left on a perfect game and they are UNCTY. I swear that the devs made it so that the letters that will help you spell terrible words are more likely to drop.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Meatwave posted:

Alphabear is great for teaching kids how to read and write, except when you have 5 letters left on a perfect game and they are UNCTY. I swear that the devs made it so that the letters that will help you spell terrible words are more likely to drop.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
OK I did the DBZ Puzzle game reroll song-and-dance in order to try for a Super Super Rare (did not get one) and I learned a few things, chief of which is that cards of a given rarity are crazy unequal, even accounting for all their weird passive abilities and synergies. You should reroll, it doesn't take long. Frieza and Goku are really good, and Master Roshi has good teamups with your starters and Gohan, who you can get through an event. I tried to go with SR Android 18 and Captain Ginyu but her stats fell way behind and her +ki leader skill either doesn't work right or is just bad, and then I pulled another SR Captain Ginyu who was better at level 1 than mine was at level 10. I sure hope someone makes that PGS android number thread soon, but until then here's my code: 3214991448

in summary, it's fun enough. You can zoom out on the board game. If you get a Game Over, everything that happened on that map is wiped including items you used, so you don't need to be conservative on an iffy fight.

MPLS to NOLA fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jul 19, 2015

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
DBZ code 2954298969

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Meatwave posted:

Can confirm this happens to me all the drat time. The letter generation is far from random, and sometimes you're playing "guess what obscure word the engine decided to give you the letters for". Probably my only complaint about the game.

e: but in that case you could do "CUT" and then "NY" probably

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

MPLS to NOLA posted:

OK I did the DBZ Puzzle game reroll song-and-dance in order to try for a Super Super Rare

I believe you can't get an SSR from your very first character.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I think the latest update broke my Swearbears. They don't say rude words in the bear selfie screen anymore. :smith:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

same

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

MPLS to NOLA posted:

OK I did the DBZ Puzzle game reroll song-and-dance in order to try for a Super Super Rare (did not get one) and I learned a few things, chief of which is that cards of a given rarity are crazy unequal, even accounting for all their weird passive abilities and synergies. You should reroll, it doesn't take long. Frieza and Goku are really good, and Master Roshi has good teamups with your starters and Gohan, who you can get through an event. I tried to go with SR Android 18 and Captain Ginyu but her stats fell way behind and her +ki leader skill either doesn't work right or is just bad, and then I pulled another SR Captain Ginyu who was better at level 1 than mine was at level 10. I sure hope someone makes that PGS android number thread soon, but until then here's my code: 3214991448

in summary, it's fun enough. You can zoom out on the board game. If you get a Game Over, everything that happened on that map is wiped including items you used, so you don't need to be conservative on an iffy fight.

Not possible to get an SSR for your first pull. You can get it on your second though.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain

KoldPT posted:

I believe you can't get an SSR from your very first character.

There are like 8 SRs you can get there, most of them are good but Krillin might be the best b/c of the Gohan and Vegeta events. When you beat the tutorial stage and check your mailbox, you should have enough premium currency for a rare or better summon. Make room for me in your friends list please, my power level is 530,000 e: you may be able to do this by erasing all WALGs who aren't lvl28 Frieza's with Death Beam 2

MPLS to NOLA fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jul 19, 2015

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Well, that's a relief. I could not get my bear to shut up about loam last night no matter how many times I reloaded. Who the hell cares about loam when there's a C-bomb lying right there?

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
I care about loam

Getimmaaw
Dec 22, 2006
Wanna add on to the DBZ friends code train
Reloaded and got ssj goku

Getimmaaw fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jul 20, 2015

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Gems of War: Time to come home. Invite CHICKENCOWSA to Gem Boys if you would so that I can start raining gold on you, please, unless I find it in the search first and apply.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
We have two spots open in Gem boys. Well one after I invite this goon.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Olive Garden now triggers surveys (if it wasn't mentioned itt already).

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Julet Esqu posted:

Well, that's a relief. I could not get my bear to shut up about loam last night no matter how many times I reloaded. Who the hell cares about loam when there's a C-bomb lying right there?

I just wish that when you hit the "refresh" button that it picked new words. It clearly only picks about 5 of the words you used per run. If it picked from the entire pool every time you hit Refresh it would come up with funny ones worth posting a lot more often. Then again maybe that's the point, the devs wanted it to feel special when you actually hit a funny one.

e: I drive by a Home Depot almost every day, and it never triggers a survey. I have Location turned on and everything :iiam:

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

precision posted:

e: I drive by a Home Depot almost every day, and it never triggers a survey. I have Location turned on and everything :iiam:

Do you think maybe that's because you aren't actually going TO home depot?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Anderron Shi posted:

Olive Garden now triggers surveys (if it wasn't mentioned itt already).

Time to spend an extra 2 min on my way home.. 2 blocks away.

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer
Is the Calculords Fun Club worth buying?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I actually went to a Home Depot for the first time in about a year a day or two ago. No survey yet.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

tater_salad posted:

Time to spend an extra 2 min on my way home.. 2 blocks away.

It just asked me to rate my experience from 1-5 stars, got $.49 for it.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

Please, tell us more about every individual survey you got. We want all the minutiae.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

the littlest prince posted:

Please, tell us more about every individual survey you got. We want all the minutiae.

It's better than pages of friend codes :shobon:

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

yea gently caress boy

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
What games (besides Alphabear and this DBZ thing) are people enjoying at the moment?

Anything that doesn't need an internet connection to play is a plus :shobon:

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

When I was working days at Barnes and Noble and nights as a security guard for Motel 6 surveys were like rain. When is the last time you were at work?

Yesterday.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

gromdul posted:

We have two spots open in Gem boys. Well one after I invite this goon.

Could you invite BYOLANTE if there is still a slot left

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Byolante posted:

Could you invite BYOLANTE if there is still a slot left

Done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

cyberia posted:

What games (besides Alphabear and this DBZ thing) are people enjoying at the moment?

Anything that doesn't need an internet connection to play is a plus :shobon:

I've been playing this thing which really doesn't need an internet connection. If you are, the ads are pretty atrocious. I recommend liberal use of the back key since the devs forgot and you can just back out of any ad with no consequence.

Enough about that! Infinite Stairs gameplay is pretty easy to understand. You've got two controls, one to climb and to turn around. Turning around also climbs, though, and basically the whole thing is just learning the timing on stairs patterns. Theres a lot of characters, pets and stages to unlock, and lots of different ways to unlock the characters.

Overall, if I could throw a couple of bucks to remove ads or double the coin values I don't think I'd have any complaints about the game. It's sort of the same type of feeling when I get playing Crossy Road or Tower Slash, except I don't have to deal with swipes which can register wrongly or require more room than I have.

My high score is actually 326 now, but this is the screenshot have available.