Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Well, there was this shining baby who was deaf, dumb and mute and really weak. but everyone who touched it gained quirks, and had injuries healed....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Prison Warden posted:

Well, there was this shining baby who was deaf, dumb and mute and really weak. but everyone who touched it gained quirks, and had injuries healed....
Well we know whose schrift is "A" for "Almighty". :goku:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Prison Warden posted:

He also played a mean game of pinball.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

What the gently caress is this? I seriously almost threw up when I scrolled down to it.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

lowercase16 posted:

What the gently caress is this? I seriously almost threw up when I scrolled down to it.

Future Deku. :allears:

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

lowercase16 posted:

isn't this from that Seven Deadly Sins manga or whatever where the MC is an 8 year old who is also 40 and I think gropes the unconscious female protagonist within like the first chapter.

The action looked good but the rest of it made me go '...nah'.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i dont remember what its called, but its basically what it looks like. a super buff high schooler finds love.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Stallion Cabana posted:

isn't this from that Seven Deadly Sins manga or whatever where the MC is an 8 year old who is also 40 and I think gropes the unconscious female protagonist within like the first chapter.

No it's from a really weird romance manga about a girl with a muscle fetish.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

The bride isn't Frog Girl, so that rules out the groom being Future Deku.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Tsuyu would do better than Deku

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Deku in My Hero Academia Shipudden:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I have this horrible image of his meat slab neck behaving less like a neck and more like a tongue in the way the whole thing moves as the head descends to kiss the bride. :gonk:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Fabricated posted:

You know, I actually had a horrible thought that if this manga does indeed become the next One Piece or Naruto and is allowed to just go on and on; they'll probably have to go to the "Where did quirks come from?" thing and deal with patient zero for quirks. And I thought, "Oh christ, what if it's aliens or some dumb poo poo"

Turns out the guy mentoring Shigaraki and creating Noumu is a member of a secret group of scientists responsible for creating the quirk phenomenon.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

lowercase16 posted:

Stallion Cabana posted:

Roobanguy posted:

i dont remember what its called, but its basically what it looks like. a super buff high schooler finds love.

The manga is called Dokyuusei Macho-kun, or My Classmate, Mr. Macho. Something about a kid whose personality (look at the face) doesn't match the body he's got and keeps scaring everyone off because huge, and a girl with a muscle fetish.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jul 20, 2015

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Begemot posted:

No it's from a really weird romance manga about a girl with a muscle fetish.

This doesnt look like My Love Story.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Stallion Cabana posted:

Hes literally a thousand year old demon and looks like 14 or whatever.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Meme Emulator posted:

This doesnt look like My Love Story.

If it were Oremonogatari, then all the other men would be holding him up as a bastion of manliness.

Instead, they either run from him or try to beat him to establish their dominance in the school hierarchy, or something stupid.

Anyways, it was a throwaway joke about how Deku will get stupidly ripped once OfA kicks in for realzies but still look like... well, Deku.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

KoB posted:

Hes literally a thousand year old demon and looks like 14 or whatever.
Well he's a dude at least so we're getting some gender equality in the Japanese "But she's a 1000 year old demon!" market at least

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabricated posted:

Well he's a dude at least so we're getting some gender equality in the Japanese "But she's a 1000 year old demon!" market at least

Well in that series almost all of the seven deadly sins are like that.

The main guy is actually a 3000+ Year old Demon as mentioned. Then there is Diane who is around 750 years old. (She is a giant and they have long life spans.) Gowther who is age is unknown but it does not matter as he is a Doll. Ban who is 43 but is also immortal. Then we have King who is 1300+ years, like Diane this is just natural life span as he is a Fairy. Merlin who is a mage and we don't know how old she is. The last of the seven has not come into the scene but he is a normal human that is 40 years old.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Fabricated posted:

What's the orginal source on this one? I see it brought up a lot.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Dr_Amazing posted:

What's the orginal source on this one? I see it brought up a lot.

Oldest reference to it I've heard is the old, "This is Otakudom" video, at the 6:59 mark of this.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Spoilers are out. Missing a couple key pages however...

Edit - Fixed Link with all the pages: http://www.ishuhui.com/archives/374314

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jul 23, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Also

This settles the question of "if someone consumes Midoriya's DNA, do they get One For All?".

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Fabricated posted:

Also

This settles the question of "if someone consumes Midoriya's DNA, do they get One For All?".

Man, I really wasn't expecting this to turn X rated on a dime.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011
Stain is so loving happy, it's pretty bizarre to see.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

Stain is so loving happy, it's pretty bizarre to see.

He met a "real hero!" Maybe he'll ask for Midoriya's autograph.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Fabricated posted:

He met a "real hero!" Maybe he'll ask for Midoriya's autograph.

I bet he's so nerdy he and Midoriya have gotten into flame wars on online BBS for heroes and villains. I take it he was excited because Midoriya actually noticed and cared about the other victim instead of just rushing in?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

I bet he's so nerdy he and Midoriya have gotten into flame wars on online BBS for heroes and villains. I take it he was excited because Midoriya actually noticed and cared about the other victim instead of just rushing in?
Yeah, basically.

He compliments Midoriya a bunch actually. He says he's impressed with his choice of words when he shows up ("I'm here!"- basically imping All Might), and when Iida tells him that "This is none of your business! Run!" Midoriya says something like "All Might told me once that part of being a hero IS butting into other peoples' business!". Stain is further impressed and attacks.

He compliments Midoriya's fighting strategy (getting in close under his reach, trying to stay behind him), and after he manages to paralyze him he tells him something to the effect of, "Well-spoken fakes are common, but you seem to be the real deal. You can live...these two however I've already judged."

So yeah, I imagine the whole wedge between Iida and Midoriya thing is happening unless someone manages to die here in the next few chapters.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

New chapter.

Also I wish you people who read the raws would mind making sure keeping everything under spoilers until we have a translation, thanks.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Terper posted:

New chapter.

Also I wish you people who read the raws would mind making sure keeping everything under spoilers until we have a translation, thanks.

The translation in this version sounds really stilted and messed up to me. A lot of it feels like incomplete sentences rather than Very. Dramatic. Pauses!!!!

I don't know, I think I'll probably start finding where to buy the official releases after this. The translators have been rushing it a bit too much lately and it's worth supporting.

edit:
"At the town where the hero killer appeared nomu-like things are wreaking havoc! And I'm probably the only one in this town who can reckon the fear that....the hero killer and the villain alliance are connected somehow!?"

Seriously, barely a page into the chapter and it's already trashy highschool level crap.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Today, Midoriya learns the most important skill a hero can have: texting without looking at your phone.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Yeah, there was a live translation on /a/ that felt way more natural to me. From what translation drama I've heard, FA was doing that "support the official release!" delay, then other groups tried to do it earlier and FA immediately snapped back to doing it ASAP, and now it feels like they're rushing it.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Yeah this translation sucked. I think I'll wait for the WSJD in /a/ instead.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

HellCopter posted:

Today, Midoriya learns the most important skill a hero can have: texting without looking at your phone.

Turns out that what Todoroki meant by 'more info' is 'not a string of gibberish'.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Todoroki getting a chance to be a proper hero. :unsmith:

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Astro Nut posted:

Turns out that what Todoroki meant by 'more info' is 'not a string of gibberish'.

Deku probably has a panic button on his phone that sends out some canned SOS to the top 5 most powerful heros/classmates on his speed dial.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Interesting that Todoroki was apparently nearby. Does that mean he actually took up Endeavor's offer for internship?

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Slain is one of the best looking Manga villains I've ever seen, mainly because he has the art style of a TMNT comic character which somehow is meshing really well with the usual Shonen style of most of the characters. I hope he sticks around for the rest of the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Slain is one of the best looking Manga villains I've ever seen, mainly because he has the art style of a TMNT comic character which somehow is meshing really well with the usual Shonen style of most of the characters. I hope he sticks around for the rest of the series.

After the training period is up and everyone is back in the classroom there will be an announcement of a new transfer student.