Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

I don't know poo poo about gundam except g gundam, but I guess one of the characters in shadow hearts covenant just quotes Char Aznable for all of his special sidequest fights??
His JP va also voiced Char, so the entire thing is just filled with references to other mecha series. a lot of it is lost in translation though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

a jrpg super robot wars is an insanely cool idea, and im sad chaos wars and the crappy project x zone games are the closest we'll get.

gundam saga ruled

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DoubleDonut posted:

Speaking of Growlanser, is the PSP Growlanser any good? I've had it for a while and have started to play it a bunch of times and just never had the attention span to get past the first bit
wayfarer of time? It's pretty good but nothing amazing, if you can't be assed to start it then it's not worth forcing yourself to.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_EgrKrAPJI

this thing

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

gundam saga ruled
haha, a jrpg super robot wars, i see what you did there.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_EgrKrAPJI

this thing

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
This random Japanese high school girl is completely ignorant about time travel.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

because of my mistake now you have to watch it twice, as per martian law

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Shadow Hearts was designed by the guy that did the music for Chrono Cross

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i liked how its equipment system became a resident evil 4 inventory puzzle, and also how the battles eventually got pretty hard and you really had to think about when to attack and defend

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Smoking Crow posted:

Shadow Hearts was designed by the guy that did the music for Chrono Cross
word up

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Instead, my friend smoking crow will obtain a copy of Okage Shadow King and cheat his stats up or find a way to disable the random encounters so that he can enjoy the game

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
today I learned that Binary Domain is in my steam library. I also learned that it's that game where the trailer ends with a mother with robot legs which I thought was cool and then somehow never heard about again

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

DoubleDonut posted:

today I learned that Binary Domain is in my steam library. I also learned that it's that game where the trailer ends with a mother with robot legs which I thought was cool and then somehow never heard about again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceTpSrIBNC0

It has a really cool trailer. Really cool.

At it heart its a pretty standard 3rd person shooter but the characters are pretty cool and the whole thing goes really cool places and the bosses are crazy cool and fun and big.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

FirstAidKite posted:

Instead, my friend smoking crow will obtain a copy of Okage Shadow King and cheat his stats up or find a way to disable the random encounters so that he can enjoy the game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

people also search for: imouto paradise!

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
How come everyone in this movie just accepts that time travel is real.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

play binary domain if you enjoyed: Snatcher

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Endorph posted:

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

How come everyone in this movie just accepts that time travel is real.

Well.. It is.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

K. Flaps posted:

Well.. It is.

Hmm.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

in a way, we're all searching for imouto paradise...

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
gross

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yakuza: Dead Souls was a dry tun for Binary Domain because they'd never made a third person shooter before, which goes some way to make up for that being the worst Yakuza game.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am not searching for imouto paradise.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Endorph posted:

in a way, we're all searching for imouto paradise...

You know what? I'm not gonna post the link to the VN where everyone at school is your imouto

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

i know i did

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
What a tweest.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

probably?

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Incoming feels.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Endorph posted:

probably?

lol

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Endorph posted:

probably?

Yeah my bad

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

DoubleDonut posted:

Binary Domain was pretty good, IMO. the only big problem is no local co-op. The game is loving built for co-op, you always have an AI partner, but ti would've messed up the friendship system. But the friendship system doesn't matter!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Friendship matters very much, boom boom boom.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Another obscure PS2 game I recommend checking out is Skygunner.l It's sort of like the 3D movement sections of Starfox, but with different weapons that have different affects on enemies, and the ability to chain kills together. It has five playable characters, and they each play pretty differently.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Finally making some substantive progress on Fujiko Mine. Thanks Hulu.

Not sure how I feel about the interplay of class and sleaze in this show. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
There's one little thing in Binary Domain that bugs the hell out of me. when the Chinese chick goes crazy and takes the guy hostage, and it goes into slow mo, and you have to shoot the gun out of her hand. The first time it happened, I immediately tried to shoot the hostage.I was completely on board with her robotness, and the bad guy's eveil plan wasn't even evil at all. Like, there was nothing objectionable to his plan unless you're some sort of weird sci-fi racist? But no, you have to shoot the gun out of her hand, even though you end up siding with her at the end anyway! Don't do the slowmo thing unless you're actually gonna let me do something aside from that one specifically scripted thing!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i dont think games that do the slowmo hostage thing ever ever do anything different for not doing the one thing the devs want you to

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

was the first time they did that modern warfare or did it show up somewhere else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sharkopath posted:

Friendship matters very much, boom boom boom.

Not in Binary Domain. One character's behavior is affected by it. But there's like, ten different loving characters you can get friend ship with. So why not just give me a binary choice at some point earlier in the game that decided which of the two outcomes I get, rather than a useless friendship system that prevents the game from being one of the best co-op games ever, which it could have been!

• Locked thread