Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

is castle shikigami good for reasons other than the translation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the seminal HOSTAGES - THE RESCUE MISSION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emw9UHy1tGo

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

boom boom boom posted:

Not in Binary Domain. One character's behavior is affected by it. But there's like, ten different loving characters you can get friend ship with. So why not just give me a binary choice at some point earlier in the game that decided which of the two outcomes I get, rather than a useless friendship system that prevents the game from being one of the best co-op games ever, which it could have been!

That's retarded.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

http://www.audioatrocities.com/games/castleshikigami2/clip1.mp3

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I don't know why, but "hostages" reminded me of a game that everyone should know about.

Metal Wolf Chaos

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

lmfao

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Auuughh

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Normie Slayer posted:

I don't know why, but "hostages" reminded me of a game that everyone should know about.

Metal Wolf Chaos

I really wish there was a reasonable way for Americans to play Metal Wolf Chaos

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

http://www.audioatrocities.com/games/castleshikigami2/clip2.mp3

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Hostages is like ultra proto tom clancy/modern tactical shooter game and actually pretty cool if you can find it anywhere

the first gameplay is a stealth mission where you have to sneak your guys into position against enemy patrols

then you have to clear the outside walls with snipers making sure to protect all the hostages

then its a proto 3rd person maze shooter where you clear the building floor by floor and accomplish the rescue!!!

biggest problem is just that thats it, the entire game, so you can do it all after like an hour or two of practice and then you have no real gameplay left except doing ita again on a harder difficulty

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im into girls... but now... it's about justice

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i cant imagine being an old gamer and living in the times when it was feasible you would spend 80 dollars on a game and realize to your horror you could finish it in like an hour

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

DoubleDonut posted:

To this day I don't understand why that game was never brought over.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

DoubleDonut posted:

Bad Seafood posted:

To this day I don't understand why that game was never brought over.
Maybe we can convince from to port it, so that true patriots can finally play the most American game ever made.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
One time I went to an anime convention and the con was running a maid cafe that was just a sports bar with wallscrolls hanging over all the sports stuff and all the tvs playing anime instead of sports

idk what anime they played but it was some girl with a robot she invented and I guess she was his sister or something and then he's just like "man I can't believe I just found out I have so many sisters now....huh"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sharkopath posted:

i cant imagine being an old gamer and living in the times when it was feasible you would spend 80 dollars on a game and realize to your horror you could finish it in like an hour

That was just how poo poo worked. Most games were balls hard to stop you from doing that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sonic 2 got a lot of poo poo when it first came out because people finished it in a couple of hours because it was so similar to the first game.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Girl Who Leapt Through Time verdict: Wow. Many time travel. Much feels.

RATING: :shibe::shibe::shibe::shibe:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I never finished most of my Snes and Genesis library because I was bad at games and they were all hard. Also my Sonic 3 battery died so it never saved, which wouldn't matter much considering I got stuck on the barrel like everyone else. I was very consistent in getting to the 2 or 3rd to last level of a lot of games before finally running outta lives. Except Gunstar Heroes, which I actually beat multiple times, but it's not that hard of a game.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Who cares about getting to the last level though, stage 4 of Contra 3 was awesome!

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Allarion posted:

I never finished most of my Snes and Genesis library because I was bad at games and they were all hard. Also my Sonic 3 battery died so it never saved, which wouldn't matter much considering I got stuck on the barrel like everyone else. I was very consistent in getting to the 2 or 3rd to last level of a lot of games before finally running outta lives. Except Gunstar Heroes, which I actually beat multiple times, but it's not that hard of a game.

I gave up on beating Dynamite Headdy a long time ago

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

One day I will 1cc Metal Slug 3.

One day.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Forget Metal Slug X though, just too much stuff going on.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

One day.

Good loving luck, that last stage is what, half the game?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

One day.
i 1cc'd metal slug 2 with a friend

emphasis on 'i,' my friend died like 500 times

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
The Capcom Disney games were all fairly balanced though. Course it's Disney, but I actually saw the endings to those. It's a drat shame we didn't get Mickey and Donald 3 though, though at least it eventually came to GBA over here.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Allarion posted:

Who cares about getting to the last level though, stage 4 of Contra 3 was awesome!

Contra 3 was amazing and one of the few games I could finish even on hard at the time.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

Doesn't count if you were using them as a shield.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Good loving luck, that last stage is what, half the game?
My current best is halfway through the third stage. Back when I started I never even thought I'd get that far.

Last stage is gonna be a nightmare though, for sure.

Endorph posted:

The ol' co-op credit clear?

Nuts to that. I'm going it alone.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Doesn't count if you were using them as a shield.
i would not use my friend in such a manner. he died on his own.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I haven't been able to bring myself to start playing Tales of Hearts R because I feel like it'll take hours to get to the actual beginning.

Bad memories from Tales of Graces f. Which I haven't beaten.

Which is another reason for my hesitation.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tales of Hearts is relatively short and doesn't take long to get going, I don't think.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

"Gonna 1cc Metal Slug 3."

"WHAAAT?"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I haven't been able to bring myself to start playing Tales of Hearts R because I feel like it'll take hours to get to the actual beginning.

Bad memories from Tales of Graces f. Which I haven't beaten.

Which is another reason for my hesitation.
tales of hearts was originally a ds game, it gets going pretty quick.

that said, graces' problem is pretty unique to itself even among the console tales games.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Tales of Graces F was fun as hell, and despite how unimaginative the story was I really miss the hijinks of its cast.

Xillia just couldn't strike the same tone for me.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Contra 3 is good but I liked Hard Corps more

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Nocturne update: I sure don't miss the anxiety of rolling up three of the four skills you wanted only to wonder if you should settle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Also I really can't wait any longer for the new Lupin III show. I'm dyin over here.

• Locked thread