Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Placenta is the only truly vegan meat :shrug: But can the mother give consent, or does it belong to the child???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
How can you help your children avoid the evil scourge of masturbation?
My phrenologist turned me on to some 19th century literature about...

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
My 3-Year-Old Is A Breastfeeding Advocate
My 3-year-old is normalizing the normal, without even trying to, because this truly is her norm.

Mourning the Loss of Your Birth Experience
Do not be afraid to take the time to mourn the loss of the experience you anticipated. But in doing so, remember to celebrate the opportunity...

20 Things I Have Learned Since My Son Was Diagnosed With Autism
Sometimes, doctors know exactly what we need. Sometimes they don't. Either way, only go to a doctor who sees you as a valuable partner...

10 Things My Future Children Can Expect From Me
I'm 19, and am in no way planning on having kids any time soon (so you can breathe a sigh of relief, Mom). But I'm excited to meet you...

58 Things That Bring Me To Tears As A Mother
Age and life experience slowly chipped fissures into my icy façade. Then the knock-out blow, Motherhood, took my frozen blueberry heart...

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Wanamingo posted:

20 Things I Have Learned Since My Son Was Diagnosed With Autism
Sometimes, doctors know exactly what we need. Sometimes they don't. Either way, only go to a doctor who sees you as a valuable partner...

All 20 of those things are facts about trains.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So, uh, does anybody have any idea what the hell any of this means?

quote:

Dear Friends and Family,

Let me start by saying this wasn't exactly planned, but that's not to say this isn't a perfectly wonderful surprise. I wanted to wait until I was sure -- I know you've probably looked at my Instagram posts over the past few weeks (which I know you are, even if you haven't been liking them, Carol) and thought, has she just been wearing all of her unflattering skirts, or what?!

But the day a woman offered me her seat on the subway, that’s when I knew! I knew it was time to share this with all of you.

I've got a yummy in my tummy. A bun in the oven. Except … it's a tortilla.

That's right: I've got a food baby. It's a burrito.

It feels so right to finally let the foil-wrapped secret out of the bag.

Before you ask, I’ll let you guys know it happened in the usual way. ;) (Ugh, sorry, TMI!) I mean, when I’m hungry, there’s no way I’m not getting the sour cream and the cheese and all of the salsas. Oh, corn too. A little more corn. That’s it.

You know what they say about food babies: “Guacamole is extra, is that OK?” And look how that extra paid off.

At this point, you're probably wondering where to send gifts to mark this special occasion, especially as I've been so generous with my artisanal Lazy Susans and handsewn Swedish children's toys from your collective registries in the past. In my condition (with burrito, as I like to say), I can only accept more Chipotle gift cards -- maybe some high-waisted pants, too, to maximize my subway seat-getting abilities. Just know that the existence of my next food baby rests in your hands. But nooo pressure, I mean it!

The food baby and I will not be taking visitors as we adjust to our life together, finally sitting down to watch the entirety of “Friends” this weekend and probably ordering in some takeout. I’m eating for two now!

Sincerely,

Me

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/12/food-baby-burrito_n_7569236.html

I've read it through three times now and it still doesn't make any sense to me.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Wanamingo posted:

its an extremely clever and funny satire on huffington post articles, im laghing my butt of to it

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Wanamingo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZqo4OZ0Pqs

except shes

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
Protecting Your Child From Gluten: A Mothers Horror Story
My hands started to shake as the officer told me I could not press charges against the woman who poisoned my daughter. I tried in vain to reason with him "But she knowingly gave my Khaleesi a piece of that birthday cake and I read on the internet...

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Wanamingo posted:

13 Baby Names To Consider If You're Obsessed With 'Clueless'

The Endearing Reason Ashton Kutcher Is Constantly Changing Diapers

Do You Trust A Robot With Your Baby?

The second one at least is real which makes me suspect the others are too :ohdear:

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Woman starts petition at school to ban pronouns from English class and the school hates her. My child can determine for herself what genders she feels Dick and Jane are. The corporations we call schools today are shoving gender down children's throats by using pronouns such as he, she, and it and I feel......

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

The SHOCKING TRUTH behind an afterlife filled to the brim
Your poison womb is making heaven too loving crowded

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

Egbert Souse posted:

"11 Tricks to Preserving the Aryan Bloodline Within Your Family"

I don't think you've ever read Huffington Post.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

peanut posted:

Placenta is the only truly vegan meat :shrug: But can the mother give consent, or does it belong to the child???

what the gently caress is huffpo mommybloggers obession with eating placenta, i thought it was a joke but no, they actually do it :stare:

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
My Child Is A Disgusting Ableist
"I think people should work" said my 5-year old. I was stunned. I work very hard as a stay-at-home mother, even though our nanny...

Why I Don't Let My Children Play Outside
Even though the gateman for my neighborhood does a good job, my children can't be risked to play in our fully-fenced...

I Gave My Kid An Old Camera And the 300 Pictures Of Their Nose Says Something About The Universe
If you want a truly transformative experience, give a child a camera. The hundreds of blurry pictures of the bottom of their face will change the way you look at...

My Daughter* Wanted A Tea Party Playset. Here's Why I Said No
Tea parties have become charged with xenophobia, kinkshaming, and the trampling of LGBTQA rights. I sat down my 3 year old and explained...

Teeter-Totters and SeeSaws: Destroyers Of Children's Reproductive Systems
Last week I read about an accident where a kid got bruised on the nads. I'm now leading a petition drive to get seesaws removed from my local...

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
You're Right, My Child Isn't Having a "Normal" Childhood. That's OK With Me.
You know who else had a "normal" childhood? Maurice Hilleman. So yeah, I'm ok with raising my kid freegan.

Mandatory Vaccines Are Tantamount To Rape
Think about it: having a small shot to render you immune from diseases is the same thing as being sexually assaulted. And I should know: I am a Vaccine Survivor...

Overcoming The Shame Of Being Straight
Every time I read about a straight person doing something bad, I get a queasy feeling inside. Sometimes I wish I was gay so I wouldn't feel responsible for...

You Have To Get Your Kids Into The Right Preschool If You Want Them To Succeed
What college you went to is everything, and if you want to get into the right college you have to go to the right prep school, to get into the right prep school...

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

roymorrison posted:

Sucking dick poo poo piss friend of the family? Dildo rear end in a top hat cunts farting!

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Mama Sees You: Parenting Through Fear

Do You Trust A Robot With Your Baby?

How To Avoid Passing Anxiety On To Your Kids

Having a Nanny - Stop Shaming Mothers and Ditch Working Mom Guilt

Why This Mom Had To Say 'Not All Mommies Love Their Babies The Way I Love You'
"Some parents get sad and angry when their kids are gay.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
just in case you haven't figured it out already, they're all real.

This one is real, tho:
Reasons Why Bathtime With Your Kids Is a Bad Idea

2) Overcrowding is a real issue. Bathtubs are built for one. Not one adult, a small child, four sailboats, nine Disney Princess dolls, three squirting toys and a family of floating frogs.
7) Remember how the military had a "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy? Well I have a "Don't Look, Don't Think" policy about my naked body. Unfortunately, children's honesty turns them into mirrors with megaphones, loudly pointing out every squishy, cellulite covered stretchmarked inch of my body. Yikes.

"Because I'm fat and my kids call me fat when we take a bath."

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I remember some lady got in trouble for writing a book about how she loved her children, but not as much as her husband, and the whole universe of mothers exploded with rage

But I'm just like, makes sense

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

RaceBannon posted:

I don't think you've ever read Huffington Post.

How I became pregnant with the child of an African-american man - and why my white husband was just fine with that.

Better?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
20 Things to Never Text an Extended Breastfeeding Mom

When the New "Cool" Becomes Getting Married and Having Kids

Is Co-Sleeping With My Baby Dangerous?

When You Share This Story, You Help Ensure A Child's Healthy Birth In Ethiopia

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

almost all of these are believable. it's cheating to just copy/paste guys :mad:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Pistol_Pete posted:

How I became pregnant with the child of an African-american man - and why my white husband was just fine with that.

Better?
That also is not particularly convincing

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

10 Reasons Why Your Marriage To The Father Of Your Children Is Setting A Bad Example

Hands Off My Placenta! Why This Expert Says The Placenta Belongs To The Child, Not The Parents!

6 Easy Steps To Crowdsourcing Your Preschool Application Fee

Bottlecaps, Acorns & Spit: What Your First-aid Kit Is Missing

Corncobs & Pinecones: A Definitive Guide To All-Natural DIY Tampon Alternatives

Throw Your Child's Glasses Away! How A Gluten-free Diet Can Improve Eyesight The Natural Way

Why I Let My Child Get Polio & 8 Ways It Has Been Even Better Than We Imagined

5 Tricks To Increasing Your Child's Allergen Sensitivity

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

peanut posted:

Why I Let My Child Get Polio & 8 Ways It Has Been Even Better Than We Imagined

Does Breastfeeding Protect My Baby From Measles?

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal
Why teaching your child to preemptively call for help when micro-aggressions are about to flare up got one New Hampshire woman in hot water.
It's a cool Autumn day at Hobart P. Weller Memorial Playground, the sky is a deep blue with nary a cloud in site. But then you hear it, a tiny voice crying out "RAPE! RAPE! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE!". Looking closely, you can see a 5 year old child (whose gender we will NOT assume) pointing and screaming at another child who tried to touch xer toy train. This is exactly the kind of healthy behavior that got Liandra Delwyrn in...

Phyzixian: The new doctor finding app that will find you the most agreeable doctor in your area
For 3 months now I've been desperately searching for somebody to write me a prescription to put my child on horse tranquilizers. Imagine my delight when a work friend told me "there's an app for that"!

Lake Wannahamma: The first straight conversion camp in America, is now accepting applicants
The pain I felt when my child came out as normative-sexual was immense, but at the time I falsely believed there was nothing I could do.

Clayren fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jul 21, 2015

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Wtf is a microagression?

Why my miscarriage was a devastating experience, unlike everyone else's
Even though countless billions of zygotes and fetuses throughout history have self-aborted, here's why mine was the only one that ever mattered and why I post endlessly on Facebook about it.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Pvt.Scott posted:

Wtf is a microagression?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=microaggression

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

peanut posted:

Birth is like rape because you never get consent from either male or female gametes - it's just assumed during sex that the sperm and egg are okay with it. It's even worse because they are basically forced on each other.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Reconciling Your Breeder Status With Your Needs For Gay Children

Measles? Gimme More'sles!

Is That Water Non-GMO? 5 Tips For Interpreting Product Labels Correctly

HAES: Why I'm Proud That My Coinjoined Twins Are Both 10kg Over and Under Their "Recommended Weights"

Conjoined Twins: Four Times The Fun!

Put Down That Milk Carton! How Calcium Harms Growing Bodies

Got Milk? One Mother's Campaign To Serve Breastmilk in Public Schools

Silver Lining? Studies Suggest Chrome Spray Use Uncorrelated to Admission to Valhalla

Setting An Example: Why We'll Never Tell Our Child Which Parent Is Xis Biological Mother

Did Someone Say Q? 10 Hot Ways To Spell Your Favorite Names

No More Nuts: One Family's Struggle To Have All Nuts, Seeds and Legumes Extinguished From Earth

Mozart? NO-zart! Music-Free Childraising In A Noisy World

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

So like when my mom talks about black people, then. Ok.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Why I'm Proud When The Children At School Call My Child A Fag
My parents want their kids to grow up to be doctors or lawyers. I want my kids to grow up to ignore societal definitions of gender.

General Tofu
Nov 20, 2014

by Lowtax

Pvt.Scott posted:

So like when my mom talks about black people, then. Ok.

the way people use the word, it seems a microaggression is anything anyone does that even slightly bothers you- and it's ALWAYS their fault, not YOUR fault for being oversensitive. Someone gets a seat on the bus before you do, and you have to stand? That's a MICROAGGRESSION and it is your JOB to be OFFENDED.

General Tofu fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jul 21, 2015

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Uncle Enzo posted:

You Have To Get Your Kids Into The Right Preschool If You Want Them To Succeed
What college you went to is everything, and if you want to get into the right college you have to go to the right prep school, to get into the right prep school...

This is an actual thing that I have seen firsthand multiple times.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I Haven't Had Sex is 3 Years; Have My Children Ruined Our Intimacy?
What is my husband not telling me?

Why My Children will be Diabetes Bug Chasers
Why I am striving to make the same life for my kids.

geeves fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jul 21, 2015

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
The Hottest New Trends in Genetic Disorders
How your special snowflake can stand out from the rest.

Why My Child's Entire Life Will Be Streamed on Periscope
Be sure to also check out these 20 HILARIOUS tweets...

I Don't Even Know How to Pronounce Acai, But I Ask For It In Everything My Child Eats
How to stand up to waiters who don't understand that acai is essential for...

Why I Sent My Two-Year-Old To Participate In The Ferguson Riots
And how she learned a strong lesson about privilege.

What About Nightcare? 20 Otherkin Parent Struggles
The lack of resources for vampkin, lycanthropekin, and other nocturnal...

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:

Leofish posted:

Why I Sent My Two-Year-Old To Participate In The Ferguson Riots
And how she learned a strong lesson about privilege.

I told her we were going to play with makeup as I put her blackface on

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

General Tofu posted:

the way people use the word, it seems a microaggression is anything anyone does that even slightly bothers you- and it's ALWAYS their fault, not YOUR fault for being oversensitive. Someone gets a seat on the bus before you do, and you have to stand? That's a MICROAGGRESSION and it is your JOB to be OFFENDED.

Real words: Microaggression used to mean the poo poo white people would do where they couldn't be RACIST or they'd get busted so they were just racist in a way that wasn't technically illegal or anything. It's the "I'm not touching you!" policy.

Tumblr words: Microaggression is anytime you feel that anyone could potentially have been offended at something. It doesn't matter if anyone was offended, it doesn't matter if you even know why it's offensive, it doesn't matter if anyone will ever be offended, and it doesn't even matter if you can't actually point to any instance of anything happening that nobody was ever offended about.

Example:

My professor is a Zionist white
I've never seen my professor exhibiting signs of Jewry microaggression, but I can tell some of the Aryans minorities in class are uncomfortable, so here's why I posted pictures of dead fetuses all over his office and called the gestapo university ethics committee on him.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
How rural mommy bloggers are taking on the vaccine-industrial complex...and winning!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
My 2-year-old is super gay, and we love him more than a straight child because he doesn't rape

• Locked thread