Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Carrasco posted:

A classic strategy. Make your enemy think you're dead for about 300 years, lulling them into a false sense of security, wait until they become addicted to crack, wait until they somehow run out of crack, and then call them dangling the bait.

Nah, it's probably Jimmy's dad. Or a friend of whoever Jimmy's current host was.

No it's just his daughter asking for 7 kilos of coke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

mycot posted:

I didn't know that was a thing that existed. Was it a parody of the Saiyan Saga, or Kid Buttlord?

Kid Buttlord. Basically the original Dragonball saga sorta. Alt- Master Roshi was a central figure. I remember the first story arc revolved around him lying about owning a brand-new NES.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
There seem to have been two unfinished Buttlord comics: http://imgur.com/a/1UyoN

And here's the original because why not: http://imgur.com/a/tvJ1w

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Demonchat: Given that the guy's last name in today's comic is Jager, it make actually be Hunter.

Which makes no sense for a multitude of reasons--if nothing else, wouldn't he and Sweetpea have been closest to each other at some point during the destruction of the OSS building?--but that's never stopped this comic before.

But it could just be a coincidence.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
I like Grrl Power.

You may all fire when ready.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Carrasco posted:

But it could just be a coincidence.
No this is pretty blatant.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Hopefully it is cause watching Jimmy fart around without any form of conflict (other then immortality caused angst) is getting stale quick.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

And thus ends another heartcrushing and horrifying chapter of Endtown. :smithicide:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

oh my god :eyepop:

There's no RSS feed. gently caress.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Still can't get over the truck nuts on the spaceship door in page 7. Incredible.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Also the story as to why Regan doesn't seem to have a father was told in another comic.

I completely forgot that the little girl in that comic was called Regan too. I wonder if she'll keep using the setting in future comics?

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jul 14, 2015

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Klaus88 posted:

I like Grrl Power.

You may all fire when ready.

It's okay, I do too. :unsmith:

It's got a lot of flaws (mostly terrible pacing made worse by the author's insistence on making sure that every power is explained and every plot hole is covered) but it's got a bunch of charm and some pretty unique superpowers. The author needs to figure out where he's going with it, though, and quickly; there's only so many pages of wordy training arcs that we can take before interest starts to drop off.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Nuns with Guns posted:

I completely forgot that the little girl in that comic was called Regan too. I wonder if she'll keep using the setting in future comics?

KEEPING seems to be a town where horrible things keep happening to children.

So probably.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

blastron posted:

It's got a lot of flaws

Such as each and every single of its characters, be it for their design or their personality.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

blastron posted:

It's okay, I do too. :unsmith:

It's got a lot of flaws (mostly terrible pacing made worse by the author's insistence on making sure that every power is explained and every plot hole is covered) but it's got a bunch of charm and some pretty unique superpowers. The author needs to figure out where he's going with it, though, and quickly; there's only so many pages of wordy training arcs that we can take before interest starts to drop off.

As of recent it's been pretty good to be honest. The pacing has fixed itself from what it was in the Mechanicsburg arc.
Edit: Thought that was Girl Genius...

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jul 15, 2015

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Welp, after the vote of confidence from you goons, I went ahead and binged the entire archive, and I feel that I can safely say... yeah, Grrl Power is actually pretty good.

:thumbsup:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Carrasco posted:

A classic strategy. Make your enemy think you're dead for about 300 years, lulling them into a false sense of security, wait until they become addicted to crack, wait until they somehow run out of crack, and then call them dangling the bait.

Mothergently caress :psyduck:

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Even my sarcasm didn't predict that the next part of the plan would be "and then just punch him in the face."

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Carrasco posted:

Jason Shiga sockpuppet account spotted.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Renaissance Robot posted:

Mothergently caress :psyduck:

lmao

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

god bless this dumbass comic

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

What is buttlords schedule? Does it have one? I think it updated today.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Jackard posted:

What is buttlords schedule? Does it have one? I think it updated today.

Not sure on it's schedule, but this page was uploaded today.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Witness: One cannot reply to "U MAD" without in fact sounding totally mad

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
idk, i think "ok" works pretty good

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

FlyinPingu posted:

god bless this dumbass comic

Thread title please.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
Cio's outfit in the newest K6BD cover is fantastic.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
today in monster pulse, hmm. lots of complicated feelings.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Zero_Tactility posted:

Cio's outfit in the newest K6BD cover is fantastic.
The return of Oscar!?

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
DrapeHat is Alice from the future.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Jackard posted:

The return of Oscar!?

But wait, I thought Cio was supposed to be Replacement Oscar?

Does this mean... :swoon: TWO OSCARS?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Tollymain posted:

today in monster pulse, hmm. lots of complicated feelings.

So I think I get what's going on here, since the monster took her brain, she actually is the monster. Her personality and thoughts and emotions and all that got transferred to the monster, and the weird replacement poo poo is in charge of her body.

That's loving terrifying, especially because she's a goddamned child. :gonk:

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

It's not even that her personality got transferred to the monster, it's more that--unlike a stomach or an eyeball or anything--there was already a personality in the organ in question, so the ghost didn't need to supply one.

In MP the body parts change form but continue providing their function--Guuzy still digests food, Rixis still converts light to electrical signals Abel's brain can interpret (though as a result of gaining a personality it only transmits them selectively), Ayo apparently still pumps Bina's blood, and so on.

So this means that Anima is still performing the brain's functions for Violet: controlling and regulating the body, storing memories, thinking. It IS Violet. And yet, because her brain has undergone such a dramatic shift in structure and size--it must have been like a reverse lobotomy. In other words, the point of this scene is that "you cannot save Violet" means that this is just who Violet is now.

In retrospect this makes more sense than any other outcome, and yet it's still a shocking revelation, which is impressive.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Carrasco posted:

It's not even that her personality got transferred to the monster, it's more that--unlike a stomach or an eyeball or anything--there was already a personality in the organ in question, so the ghost didn't need to supply one.

In MP the body parts change form but continue providing their function--Guuzy still digests food, Rixis still converts light to electrical signals Abel's brain can interpret (though as a result of gaining a personality it only transmits them selectively), Ayo apparently still pumps Bina's blood, and so on.

So this means that Anima is still performing the brain's functions for Violet: controlling and regulating the body, storing memories, thinking. It IS Violet. And yet, because her brain has undergone such a dramatic shift in structure and size--it must have been like a reverse lobotomy. In other words, the point of this scene is that "you cannot save Violet" means that this is just who Violet is now.

In retrospect this makes more sense than any other outcome, and yet it's still a shocking revelation, which is impressive.

Yeah, that and Bina's face when she realized she's being passed up for a braindear.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
What's that one comic with the underwater robot society? It looked kinda Mignola-esque. Aquabots?

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Aquapunk

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

You should read Road to Jove:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
:commissar:

Talking ain't a free action in this universe.

Also grrl power updated. Contains gratuitous shower scene so probably not work safe.

:nws: http://grrlpowercomic.com/ :nws:

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Klaus88 posted:

:commissar:

Talking ain't a free action in this universe.

Also grrl power updated. Contains gratuitous shower scene so probably not work safe.

:nws: http://grrlpowercomic.com/ :nws:

Grrl Power posts new comics like clockwork, every Monday and Friday. The schedule for when Grrl Power posts good pages is far more sporadic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khy
Aug 15, 2005

blastron posted:

Grrl Power posts new comics like clockwork, every Monday and Friday. The schedule for when Grrl Power posts good pages is far more sporadic.

Thursday.

Monday and Thursday.

It's a fun comic. Likes to poke fun at superhero tropes.

• Locked thread