Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Beaver Stadium is pretty ugly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
46 days until our long national nightmare is over.

gently caress the SEC. gently caress the ivy leagues.

gently caress Urban Meyer and Nick Saban.

gently caress Joe Paterno, Bill O'Brien, and James Franklin.

gently caress every state involved in the Big 10.

gently caress the Big 10, Big 12, Pac 12, and ACC.

Long live wheez.

gently caress this gay earth.

Seaniqua fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jul 20, 2015

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

That kid is going to be a 2nd or 3rd round pick in a couple years, too.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

owns

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

:stare: Jeeeeesus

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums
No Big XII Stadiums but I'll give Tech's a shot.

"Ok I guess if you like sand in your lungs and choking rancid animal filth smell"

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Kingsbury and Holgerson are both up today at Big XII Media Days. I hope a reporter asks them where they partied last night and how it went.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Pakled posted:

One-star stadium reviews.

The A&M one is funny in that they got bats confused with birds

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Pakled posted:

http://imgur.com/a/8XZ34
http://imgur.com/a/W7On5
http://imgur.com/a/4oiBO

The TFF/Rutgers conspiracy grows ever deeper. :tinfoil:

I was there for the Michigan State one (assuming it only happened once, which I doubt). They were booing because Obama was on screen :shepface:

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

One of my better post-collegiate experiences at Memorial Stadium remains the time I sat in my co-worker's seats in South Stadium next to several septuagenarians, one of whom passed around a ziploc bag of unwrapped hard candy at halftime

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Apparently Baylor and Arkansas will play at NRG Stadium in Houston some time in 2019. First meeting for them since Arkansas left the SWC.

Baylor will clear room in their schedule by paying FCS Incarnate Word to go away.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Korranus posted:

Apparently Baylor and Arkansas will play at NRG Stadium in Houston some time in 2019. First meeting for them since Arkansas left the SWC.

Baylor will clear room in their schedule by paying FCS Incarnate Word to go away.

Assuming both teams still run the same offenses at that point, I'll be pretty excited to watch this.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

brutal

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

I quite like Evanston though.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Evanston is boring as gently caress aside from being close to Chicago.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

MourningView posted:

Evanston is boring as gently caress aside from being close to Chicago.

It's quaint & pretty. I like that. (I lived in Chicago, so Evanston was my Sunday-drive spot to get out of the city for a bit.)

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Pakled posted:

not just the stadium! :iamafag:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I'm excited to see Minnesota's stadium.

God it''d be rad if we beat them.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I'm excited to see Minnesota's stadium.

God it''d be rad if we beat them.

It is absurdly tiny for a school that size but it's really nice.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Big XII media days going on right now. It's football! Ish.

Biggest notes:
- 2-3 AD's are pro expansion, 2-3 against, and 4-5 in the middle.
- Big XII looking to manage fans on field/court rather than prohibit. Encouraging safe on/off.
- Feels that championship game will be deregulated within 2-3 years

That's really about it that's really important/unknown.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Do Not Watch Media Day

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

MourningView posted:

Yeah that's what I've heard. I also hear the turf is really dang nice so I'm excited for that

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Yeah that's what I've heard. I also hear the turf is really dang nice so I'm excited for that

Les Miles?

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
They even have dilly bars!

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I'll be honestly, I totes tasted the grass at Tiger Stadium. Had to.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

MourningView posted:

Do Not Watch Media Day

Do not watch media days other than SEC Media Days.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

swickles posted:

Do not watch media days other than SEC Media Days.

SEC media days aren't even that good

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Declan MacManus posted:

SEC media days aren't even that good

Yeah, but you at least get SpurDog trolling and SEC fans doing SEC things.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Just wait for someone who is forced to go to them in person to report on whatever funny thing someone said in the midst of 6 hours of people going "we're working hard and are going to compete"

kittenmittons posted:

They even have dilly bars!

And they sell beer!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

how am I supposed to know if we are working hard and going to compete though :confused:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Korranus posted:

Wait, is that confirmed? I'd heard mutterings about it, but there've been mutterings about a lot of Baylor non-con games that were either bullshit or fell through.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

MourningView posted:

I didn't realize how big of a school Minnesota was until just now. Holy poo poo.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Every coach so far has been asked about the Big XII limiting contact days to 2/week and every coach has answered it with varying degrees of derision, saying they didn't use them anyway.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I worked for the Red & Black back in the early 00s. Summer '04, we got all the SEC teams' media guides. Sure enough, Ole Miss had a big ol' 2003 SEC WEST CHAMPIONS on the front of theirs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vqhy5ZHQtk

Sorry, guys. But no.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Spiritus Nox posted:

Wait, is that confirmed? I'd heard mutterings about it, but there've been mutterings about a lot of Baylor non-con games that were either bullshit or fell through.

Said mutterance came from Art Briles, who was here in town for a Baylor luncheon at a Touchdown Club luncheon last Friday. I think the game has a decent chance of happening as that silly Advocare kickoff game that happens in September now. The Texans' (whom own this game) MO is to schedule at least one team within stay-the-night distance of Houston to help fill the stands and the hotels, and both teams fit that bill. They've booked A&M this year, UH and OU in 16, then LSU and in 17.

The Touchdown Club by the way is a rich old man thing here in Houston where you pay a shitload of money to get a table at some hotel ballroom with your school's coach during the summer. Tables are usually in the 1000-dollar range but it's a relatively cheap way to network with the FBS coaches and the big money boosters.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Korranus posted:

Said mutterance came from Art Briles, who was here in town for a Baylor luncheon at a Touchdown Club luncheon last Friday. I think the game has a decent chance of happening as that silly Advocare kickoff game that happens in September now. The Texans' (whom own this game) MO is to schedule at least one team within stay-the-night distance of Houston to help fill the stands and the hotels, and both teams fit that bill. They've booked A&M this year, UH and OU in 16, then LSU and in 17.

The Touchdown Club by the way is a rich old man thing here in Houston where you pay a shitload of money to get a table at some hotel ballroom with your school's coach during the summer. Tables are usually in the 1000-dollar range but it's a relatively cheap way to network with the FBS coaches and the big money boosters.

Mm. Briles has mentioned non-con opportunities that never materialized before, though. Still, this sounds like it has some substance to it, so hopefully it happens.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

D.N. Nation posted:

I worked for the Red & Black back in the early 00s. Summer '04, we got all the SEC teams' media guides. Sure enough, Ole Miss had a big ol' 2003 SEC WEST CHAMPIONS on the front of theirs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vqhy5ZHQtk

Sorry, guys. But no.

They are one of three original SEC teams to never make the SEC championship game, alongside Kentucky and Vandy. Yes, even Mississippi State made it in 1998.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

well stop running face first into people trying to do their drat jobs then

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Henchman of Santa posted:

I was there for the Michigan State one (assuming it only happened once, which I doubt). They were booing because Obama was on screen :shepface:

I was there three times last year. (Nebraska, Ohio State, Michigan.) All featured the booing of the rape PSA, and not just for Obama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Pakled posted:

Sparty no means noo

• Locked thread