Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Automated Posting posted:

Started off as a Pally and am having a good time, wanted to poke the thread with a few questions.

Some cursory skyforge forums surfing and googling has lead lead me to believe that, for a Pally, I should be prioritizing Stamina, Strength, Spirit, and Luck in that order, and that Might isn't all that useful. Does that sound about right to ya'll?

Should I be sperging out over the grid sphere? Will not moving about optimally/picking up nodes I don't necessarily need gently caress me in the long run, or can I just work my way in the direction of the classes I want to unlock without having my path 100% planned out ahead of time? Is it possible to end up with a lovely character who is weaker than their Prestige would indicate because all their Prestige comes from useless/less-than-optimal stats?

Do I have to do all of the missions currently up with x2/x3 multipliers in order to get more of them to spawn? I've done all of the ones on my map besides the PvP one since I don't know about getting involved in PvP this early (I'm at a smidge over 1k Prestige) and it seems that the multipliers don't reset on the 40 minute timer that rewards do, it's just that one left with no more appearing.

What's Alchemist like? Is worth holding out until I can unlock it to have it as my support class instead of Lightbinder?

Paladin wants Spirit/Luck, Crushing Blow > Discharge Activation/Critical Chance. Stamina and Might aren't really stats you choose to go for, they primarily come from your weapons, your temples and nodes you take along the way. The game's sphere grid doesn't allow nearly as much stat customization as PoE's.

Not moving through the ascension atlas optimally will not affect you significantly in the long run. You can't really end up with a lovely character, but you can end up with one who deals slightly less damage than would be ideal for their prestige. This has less to do with the ascension atlas (unless you straight up pick bad symbols and go out of your way to have the wrong stats for your build) and more to do with having your temples ranked up too high; the advantage here is that you will also have significantly more hp than what is 'expected' for that prestige, in addition to unlocking prestige-locked content sooner.

Keep in mind that the only things that really set you ahead of your prestige are multipliers like symbols and secondary stats, and primary stats optimized to take advantage of them.

x2/x3 missions change every day or two.

No experience with Alchemist.

BenRGamer posted:

Welp, I finally decided to go 'gently caress it,' dug out my old wired mouse and keyboard, and grabbed a tv-tray to play this game from my couch.

It's pretty fun so far. Just got through the Factory solo. Little bit harder than I expected for a first real dungeon, but it was easy enough as I'm smart enough to not stand in obvious fire.

Still was kind of touch and go at the boss, beat him with under a 100 health left. Are there potions or healing items in the game? I noticed some enemies can drop lil health orb things, but the summoned guys weren't doing that in that fight.

There's an item you can buy in the market that heals you for 30% HP, with a 2 minutes cooldown and one use per fight. Most boss fights are balanced around either avoiding damage entirely or dealing enough damage that you recover your lost HP through the health orbs, which drop once per bar of boss HP.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jul 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Liberatore posted:

They reward sparks and stuff, so if you're capped you can store them to open when the cap resets. I do this with gear, but I don't think the PvP bags are worth it, mainly because they can reward credits.

We already have one mount in the store, the others are two exclusives and one is obtained from buying any amount of argents. More will likely be added but mounts are pretty minor in this game unless you really enjoy the region maps.

The costumes are supposed to be there, but they removed them so they could be rotated. Why they haven't started doing so yet, I have no idea.

Which mount is that? Is it the zamboni? I want the zamboni.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Aphrodite posted:

Which mount is that? Is it the zamboni? I want the zamboni.

Space tractor is the zamboni, yeah. You need to buy ten 1hr licenses to get a permanent one. You get the hornscute (russian platypus) from buying argents.

Automated Posting
Jan 12, 2013

Thanks, Liberatore. So when picking out rings, I'll prioritize Spirit/Luck. Do I need to worry about Strength on gear or do I just get that from nodes?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Liberatore posted:

Space tractor is the zamboni, yeah. You need to buy ten 1hr licenses to get a permanent one. You get the hornscute (russian platypus) from buying argents.

Is stuff like this documented somewhere?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Automated Posting posted:

Thanks, Liberatore. So when picking out rings, I'll prioritize Spirit/Luck. Do I need to worry about Strength on gear or do I just get that from nodes?

You don't need strength at all. But it's inevitable that you will get some from nodes, and don't worry about that. It's rings you have to keep track of.

Every class wants either Spirit/Luck or Strength/Luck, and the secondary stats to match. A few of them can go either way depending on what you want to do.

Aphrodite posted:

Is stuff like this documented somewhere?

The ten 1hr licenses thing is in the tooltip of the space tractor on the store, and is mentioned in the mounts window. The contents of the reward box from buying argents isn't mentioned anywhere official that I know of.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jul 20, 2015

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

There a good wiki for this that I can roam through while I'm bored at work tomorrow?

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
Berserker promo: how the heck does this resource work. It seems to rest at 250/500 and generate very slowly even when left clicking. Cooldowns don't consume it but any of the right click skills take like half the bar, as does whirlwind which seems to be the only way to clear groups of the mass minions. Flash of Rage is cool but the range is too short to use it against a big group and the cast time is enough for them to kill you.

The fastest way to kill bosses seems to be to forego clicking entirely and just use the damage boost + chainsaw move (3) whenever they're off cooldown and spend the rest of the time running around because rooting yourself is suicide 90% of the time in this game. The ultimate has a short cooldown though and it feels very 'berserk' so that's cool I guess.

Overall: felt a lot of getting enemies down to 10% in 2 seconds and then struggling to whittle off the last 10%. Maybe the promo was missing a key skill that makes the class playable, or maybe the class is just better at clearing lower-difficulty content faster rather than facing things rated Impossible. First impressions paled in comparison to reaper slayer.

Clairetic fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jul 20, 2015

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Seems to be missing mounts too. Those are the usual two big ones for F2P.

How about a police mount?

https://sf.mail.ru/war_on_crime

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Clairetic posted:

Overall: felt a lot of getting enemies down to 10% in 2 seconds and then struggling to whittle off the last 10%. Maybe the promo was missing a key skill that makes the class playable, or maybe the class is just better at clearing lower-difficulty content faster rather than facing things rated Impossible. First impressions paled in comparison to slayer.

I can't speak specifically of berserkers but the promo setup for classes are almost always garbage, often missing out on the more useful talents.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Just did MSM for the first time today, going a bit slow. Geez, does the game stop playing around when it gets to 5-man content. That poo poo required actual planning to some extent, especially some of the early pulls.

It probably didn't help that for the first two wipes, my pubbie group (including myself) failed to notice that our support was trolling or being afk or something, and was doing nothing but constantly walking off the bridges. Once we kicked that guy and got a new one in, things went a lot smoother.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Clairetic posted:

Berserker promo: how the heck does this resource work. It seems to rest at 250/500 and generate very slowly even when left clicking. Cooldowns don't consume it but any of the right click skills take like half the bar, as does whirlwind which seems to be the only way to clear groups of the mass minions. Flash of Rage is cool but the range is too short to use it against a big group and the cast time is enough for them to kill you.

The fastest way to kill bosses seems to be to forego clicking entirely and just use the damage boost + chainsaw move (3) whenever they're off cooldown and spend the rest of the time running around because rooting yourself is suicide 90% of the time in this game. The ultimate has a short cooldown though and it feels very 'berserk' so that's cool I guess.

Overall: felt a lot of getting enemies down to 10% in 2 seconds and then struggling to whittle off the last 10%. Maybe the promo was missing a key skill that makes the class playable, or maybe the class is just better at clearing lower-difficulty content faster rather than facing things rated Impossible. First impressions paled in comparison to reaper slayer.

It generates slowly on normal hits, but you'll get a lot more when you finish your left click combo attack. You also can get some by taking damage.

First off, make sure your right click debuff is always on whatever you're attacking. It's 30% of your damage. Assuming it is up, your priority is usually to Crushing Blow (left click combo) and use Crippling Blow and Firestorm on CD, until your mana is close to full. Pop Thrill of Battle, then get as many Fractures (left, left, left, right) off as you can, while still using Crippling Blow and Firestorm (Not whirlwind) on CD

You can dash-cancel to speed up your recovery from Crushing Blow and Fracture.

Battle Frenzy restores 70% of any damage you take for 5 or so seconds, so it's really great for when you need to stand in the fire to hit the boss

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Clairetic posted:

I think Rage is restored when you deal or take damage. The promo version has the defensive skill that effectively reduces incoming damage by 70%. You get a talent that makes makes it so whenever you try to CC an enemy that is immune to it, you reduce their damage by 50% (for a longer duration). The right click increases your damage dealt significantly.

If you think rooting yourself is suicide then yeah you will enjoy Slayer, but don't ever play Monk, which is a lot like Berserker but with fewer defensive skills and no equivalent to Crushing Blow (the chainsaw move), relying instead on timing short duration (2-3s) invulnerability, CC and movement skills to avoid incoming damage.

I don't remember if the promo version gets Firestorm and its talent, but Berserker (along with Monk and Necromancer) is amazing at clearing multiple groups of trash at once then absolutely murdering bosses, regardless of difficulty. Slayer is much easier against bosses, with fast attacks, really good ranged damage, several ways of avoiding damage entirely and great mobility, but it's severely lacking in AoE damage.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jul 20, 2015

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

There is also the race car event.

https://sf.mail.ru/grandprix

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Saw that the academy was finished, and i guess at least one tier of power station since i saw an energy bar. What are we building next?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
The support in this game is a loving mess. I figured I'd get my free GM mulligan name change and, after making a ticket, got a pretty quick response asking me to reply with my desired name.... which I provided in the initial ticket.

I replied and, hours later, got a response from a different GM asking me to please be patient and not reply to tickets. I shot back that I was acting as instructed and today I get a response from a third GM, which for some reason shows up on the website but not in game, asking what name I want.

The things I do to save $10 worth of argents. :sigh:

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Wow this game got boring quick!

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BERGfu posted:

Wow this game got boring quick!

:laugh: You mean killing the same things in the same zones for countless hours gets boring fast? It does start to pick up around 5k Prestige because the zones that open up are pretty but you're still fighting the same loving things :(

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

RottenK posted:

Saw that the academy was finished, and i guess at least one tier of power station since i saw an energy bar. What are we building next?

How the gently caress does this even happen. I was monitoring it all night and we were 200 short. All of a sudden early as gently caress Monday morning you shitbirds somehow manage to scrape together 200. Motherfuck.

Now we got a new loving problem.

The current vote has us going for additional power. My intention was to build the HQ or Additional slots next depending on what the situation was upon completion of the loving power plant. The HQ only needs 1,000 power and the power plant by default gives us that so we dont need the loving condenser right now. All commanders vote that poo poo down for the reasons that follows.

The HQ costs 1.5 million.
The Square costs 4 million. (We just unlocked the option to build this with the power plant completed.)
Expanding the power plant by 1,000 power costs 400 grand. (For this tier. I can only imagine that the cost goes up with each completed expansion)
The Square requires 4,000 power.

Our current bankroll has us at 3.4 million.

By the grace of god we got some super spergs to snatch up the Holy Text market on day one and gently caress with it to become high rollers. Then somehow they considered the goon guild a good investment. This large influx of money has been keeping us going with literally TWO goon backers and a very small drip donated from people in what appears to be a miss click. At this rate with the remaining sperg slush fund we have we will be bankrupt before we unlock the buildings in the guild that allow for mirrah drop spending. Without those buildings you motherfuckers are not gonna see any loving reason to donate to the guild.

So here is the loving rundown. We cancel the power plant expansion vote. Start the HQ construction. Putting us at 1.9 Million. Pray to christ me the HQ items cost Mirrah Drops (Intel I got from RU is that it do). Then hold a in house bake sale and shake down everyone in the guild for donations. The trickle funding we are going to get from the HQ will assist in the process to raise the 2.1 million needed to build the Square and then bingo we got a real building the requires Mirrah Drops for people to increase their stats. This should assist in further funding from there.

I am not going to do any loving tax bullshit like the pub spergs are running in order to increase their progression. We have entirely too many goons to keep track of that poo poo for as well as there is no loving way you butt pirates are going to pay taxes to begin with. Instead I am going to simply piss and moan like a goddam child in mumble and guild chat that you grease the guild or Ill write you into a sonic the hedgehog fanfic and sign your name as the author.

gently caress gently caress. poo poo balls. rear end. Bitch and gently caress.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJUr1qm_rWk

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jul 20, 2015

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

I was finally able to reach necro first week and almost immediately hitting spark cap right after. I had to start being very careful what missions I was doing so I didn't get too much of the wrong sparks and hit the cap like one of my dummy friends did.

What stats should I be focusing on for necro? I've been hording +spirit things mostly.

E:I am also noticing that after doing the VR class demo I unlock the class costume and something else. What's that other thing?

Ass_Burgerer fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jul 20, 2015

MinorRed
Jul 27, 2011

Good thing you posted that, I was about to put it over 50%.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is this guild base stuff or whatever it is somewhere you can actually go or just a spreadsheet?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Well it says it'll give you places to go to do guild missions in but the actual base is just pretty pictures you click and numbers that go up. Which is both a good thing and a bad thing and everybody who has played Warframe with goons and been to the dojo will understand.

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Alright I can do this order stuff finally, and I'm in mumble.

Except..now everyone is at work.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
I'm assuming the majority of the goon presence resides on the US server? Is there an active EU Pantheon or will I have to pick up a pub one if I want to get into the guild specific content? 'Killmen Murderizer' currently flails around the EU cluster at 3929 prestige.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
I don't think that there are any goon pantheons apart from Drinkfist's totalitarian cult big happy family.

I'm stuck in moscow time zone help and there are usually some people around during the later part of the day.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Stanley Pain posted:

:laugh: You mean killing the same things in the same zones for countless hours gets boring fast? It does start to pick up around 5k Prestige because the zones that open up are pretty but you're still fighting the same loving things :(

I don't think it would have been so bad if I didn't play in the other closed beta but like nothing really holding me onto this game.

Also you had a hate boner for this game and are still playing it Stanley

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
we can only play what we hate

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

It's bad that I automatically read that in the we are legion voice

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Also I meant the biblical verse not that weird anon bullshit v for fagdetta garbage

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Third World Reggin posted:

Yes

BERGfu posted:

It's bad that I automatically read that in the we are legion voice

YESSS!

Yeah I'm still playing it because there's literally nothing else to play and I'm finding it a tad more entertaining than China Game 3.0.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Are buffs snapshotted in this game or are they live?

i.e. can i deploy my oozes and then hit my damage buff while they're on the way there

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I messed with Alchemist a little and it looks like the buff needs to be triggered before they are summoned. Then again, damage is weird and inconsistent so I am probably wrong.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

How long does Slayer take to unlock? I've been going through the trainings for costumes and Slayer was pretty cool.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Aphrodite posted:

How long does Slayer take to unlock? I've been going through the trainings for costumes and Slayer was pretty cool.

It's a first week class.

Fenrisulfr
Oct 14, 2012
I must really be doing something wrong. I've been playing at least an hour a day since the early access and I'm pretty sure I haven't even hit the spark cap for the first week yet (~8000 until cap). I've been doing story missions and hitting the x2/x3 squad missions when they give sparks but my spark income is dismal. Is there some stupid simple thing I'm missing?

I haven't unlocked any classes yet, though that's more because I was stupid and indecisive and ended up finishing the first half of the atlas for all 3 of the starter classes. At the rate I'm going it'll probably be another week yet before I hit Slayer.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Fenrisulfr posted:

I must really be doing something wrong. I've been playing at least an hour a day since the early access and I'm pretty sure I haven't even hit the spark cap for the first week yet (~8000 until cap). I've been doing story missions and hitting the x2/x3 squad missions when they give sparks but my spark income is dismal. Is there some stupid simple thing I'm missing?

I haven't unlocked any classes yet, though that's more because I was stupid and indecisive and ended up finishing the first half of the atlas for all 3 of the starter classes. At the rate I'm going it'll probably be another week yet before I hit Slayer.

This is a pretty casual game, and you never loose out on the cap because it rolls over week to week. As long as you're having fun doing what you're doing it doesn't mater which way you do it.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Fenrisulfr posted:

Look for the areas with the rainbow icons, like Lanber Forest. Those typically have a ton of missions of every spark color. I gained a ton of prestige fling every available quest in those, and I'm the filthiest of casuals.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Fenrisulfr posted:

The sparks gained increase as you increase in prestige. Once you get over 2k, the gains go up significantly and even faster over 5k. At an hour a day, you probably won't hit the cap though. At least not without a bunch of replicator and premium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Fenrisulfr posted:

I have not put in as much time as you have so far but comparing what you just said with my current rate of progress I'd say that you probably are not doing anything that is slowing you down a lot more than it should. Instead, I think it just further shows that the caps, despite the amount of attention and rage they get, really only impacts the poopsockers while most other people can safely pretend that they do not exist.

The only thing that really seems to impact casual players is how long it takes to unlock classes. Progression sometimes feels more like a game of what not to spend your sparks on than it does choosing what to invest them in.

• Locked thread