Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Choice quote being "I know how to drift in these kind of games" not even 5 seconds before eating poo poo and piling into a wall.

Wasn't the context for that pretty much that he can't figure it out in Driveclub (that is, the normal technique to drift in racing sims doesnt' seem to work for Driveclub)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Oxyclean posted:

Wasn't the context for that pretty much that he can't figure it out in Driveclub (that is, the normal technique to drift in racing sims doesnt' seem to work for Driveclub)

Basically, yeah. He can't get it to drift while performing the same inputs other driving games have for drifting.

It was just funny because it was so perfectly timed.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Pat's in trouble now. Phantasy Star 2 confirmed.

This podcast is going to be great.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Nah, it's not news because it's just the South-East Asia version that's already been english but was blocking IPs, just with less IP blocking now. Pretty sure they've established that one as not counting in the past.

Doesn't help it's way behind the JPN version in features/contnet.

Like, it has to be a -release- in NA, iirc.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It has to be a North American release, yeah. Removing the IP Block may mean westerners can play it without ip mask fuckery, but it's not an actual western release. Still gonna be great to see hear Pat arguing with Liam.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
If they announced a NA release for PSO2, but release won't happen until next year, would that mean Pat wins or looses the bet?

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Liam already posted on twitter that it doesn't count because it's not Sega-published.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
also it's like the shittiest possible version of the game

the economy is busted, the translation is terrible ("Force" is just "Wizard" gently caress off with that bullshit) and the company running it are scumbags

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Genetic Toaster posted:

Liam already posted on twitter that it doesn't count because it's not Sega-published.

Lame- was hoping for at least a little bit of banter on if it would be counted or not. Ah well.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Lame- was hoping for at least a little bit of banter on if it would be counted or not. Ah well.

I'm half expecting Woolie to bring it up and act like it's going to be some big topic but Pat and Liam shut him down immediately.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Oh Rising Zan, I wanted it so bad and it was such a steaming pile of disappointing jank when I got it.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I was not expecting... whatever it is that happened in Astroboy. Good job Treasure.

Also I need my Ride to Hell fix. I can't take it anymore.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Was anyone else at their panel this weekend at SGC in Dallas? It was pretty good, I didn't stick around for the Q&A because those are always insane cringe fests. Rustlemania 2 is going to be really really great poo poo!!!!!

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BrownThunder posted:

Was anyone else at their panel this weekend at SGC in Dallas? It was pretty good, I didn't stick around for the Q&A because those are always insane cringe fests. Rustlemania 2 is going to be really really great poo poo!!!!!

Is Liam going to be in Rustlemania 2?

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

FauxGateau posted:

Is Liam going to be in Rustlemania 2?

Yes. At least in the clip shown.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Oh my god, the LP is still going to continue

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
I can see why they ripped the Cook level out for DLC. This last level's atmosphere is almost cool!

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

For the record I really wanted to have The guys sign my Vita case since it just seemed fitting. But holy poo poo the line was incredibly long and I had to make a flight to NY :( it was really nice to see such a turnout and I wish you guys all continued success.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

In regards to Astro Boy seeing as it's not labeled Final I'm assuming they'll gun for the good ending.

As someone who's never played it the twist is cool enough but I have to ask if it's just playing the same levels over and over again with the text changing? Or is there's more to it because while the game looks like fun I can't imagine that being very fun to watch over and over.

Edit: Ride to Hell is a national treasure. That being said the guys in the video said "I wish we'd get called out by the makers" or along those lines. Aged Oatmeal is doing just that in regards to people calling Devil's Third bad. "They're just bad at the game it's great buy it trust me"

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jul 21, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

In the first time of history, the bombcast beat the friendcast in coming out first.

edit: Devil's Third is coming out this year, also has a free-to-play PC version in development.....?

Tae fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Jul 21, 2015

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
New podcast "SBFC 102: You'll Never Be Ready For DOG CON" is up, but there's no page for it or preview video yet.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

The Kins posted:

New podcast "SBFC 102: You'll Never Be Ready For DOG CON" is up, but there's no page for it or preview video yet.

WHO'S READY FOR A BUNCH OF EVO TAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLK!?

Not me, but that's because fighting games are just not for me, sorry.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

For how long the EVO talk is, there's a lot of misinformation or very wrong facts discussed.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Tae posted:

For how long the EVO talk is, there's a lot of misinformation or very wrong facts discussed.

Infiltration and Gamerbee fought with muskets.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Woolie following in the tradition of most FGC brain donors with "gently caress the viewer this is about the players" after awhile back going "Man I wish the FGC could get more people watching and make that esports money". Never ever change.

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jul 21, 2015

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Commissar Ken posted:

Woolie following in the tradition of most FGC brain donors with "gently caress the viewer this is about the players" after awhile back going "Man I wish the FGC could get more people watching and make that esports money". Never ever change.

Haven't listened to the podcast, but if this is about Elena then he's right and you're wrong. Just preempting that poo poo.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dias posted:

Haven't listened to the podcast, but if this is about Elena then he's right and you're wrong. Just preempting that poo poo.

That makes you very aggressive and mean. The talk has nothing to do with Elena, it is a 30 minute discussion on Pat not liking that training stage is picked a lot.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

gently caress Elena.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

That makes you very aggressive and mean. The talk has nothing to do with Elena, it is a 30 minute discussion on Pat not liking that training stage is picked a lot.

I just heard that dumb complaint so often I lost faith in humanity as a whole, but you're not wrong about the first part. Buttface.

Also, he still isn't wrong, people pick training stage because PS3 has a tendency to lag in some stages and gently caress risking a mistimed reaction so people can see a fuckin' hippo. I don't even think it detracts from the viewing experience at all, 90% of the screen is occupied by characters and attacks anyway.

beep by grandpa posted:

gently caress Elena.

You're not wrong either.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

But SF4 was played on the Xbox 360.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don't anything about EVO or fighting games. Who is Elena and why is she somehow a controversial thing?

(I also haven't had time to listen to the podcast)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

But SF4 was played on the Xbox 360.

I meant more as a general thing than for EVO itself, as a PC/PS3 player it's kinda reflex to me.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

gently caress Elena.

I would if I could.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Andrast posted:

I don't anything about EVO or fighting games. Who is Elena and why is she somehow a controversial thing?

(I also haven't had time to listen to the podcast)

Defensive character with long reaching attacks (no fireballs, tho), safe attacks and an Ultra that can heal her. Just watch the first five minutes of this and you'll understand: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feC3kLqEL0A

She's not really controversial per se (she's a strong character) but I saw way too many people complaining about "lame play" this weekend, even people that should know better. Lame play is the best. Lame this poo poo out.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The irony being that her lame game only works that well because the other guy is spamming fireballs.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

The irony being that her lame game only works that well because the other guy is spamming fireballs.

People thought they got rid of Rose U2 this year by killing Luffy early on, little did they knew a bigger evil was around the corner...

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Dias posted:

PS3 has a tendency to lag in some stages and gently caress risking a mistimed reaction so people can see a fuckin' hippo.

Hippod are thr most important part of Street Fighter actually

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Improbable Lobster posted:

Hippod are thr most important part of Street Fighter actually

You just made me think of a hippopotamus iPod and it's amazing.

Also, nah, it's WING ADVANTAGE in the plane stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

When does the EVO chat end?