Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Silentman0 posted:

You assholes should have shut up a page ago.

Agreed. If EVO weren't on I'd be commentating on SNS, but EVO is on. Pretty Fighter is very strong, however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Dias posted:

Pretty Fighter is very strong, however.

When they were mashing those light sweeps, was anybody else hearing "HU HUYAH HU HUYAH HU HUYAH"?

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Genetic Toaster posted:

These week on Scrublords: poverty
This isn't poverty, it's debtor's prison.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Oh my God, I forgot just how powerful Pretty Fighter was. It might be the best anime game the Zaibatsu has played, better than Xrd, Melty, UNIEL or AH. That Banana meta.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They should really have Pat or someone read the movelist for scrublords from now on, because learning what the hell bad developers think fighting game motions are is hilarious.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I don't know about you guys but I am going to be watching the final Ride to Hell update like my parents watched the loving moon landing.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

beep by grandpa posted:

I don't know about you guys but I am going to be watching the final Ride to Hell update like my parents watched the loving moon landing.
I'm expecting the game to just loving liquefy during the boss fight, like those levels in Max Payne where he's tripping balls and walking on trails of blood.

So yeah, GET HYPE, SON!

HEEEEEYYYY DRAG THAT ESKIMO THROUGH THE CROWD
HANG THAT PLATYPUS UP ON *fadeout*

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Saw Ant-Man, it was goods but matt and woolie are nuts if they think it was better than cap 2

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ono is teasing the new SF5 character.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

It would only be appropriate for nothing to happen and for the finale to be the wettest fart in existence.
I sure hope it's not though.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Can't wait for Violent Blanka.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I think woolie accidentally reached top 8 for pretty fighter

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The SBF are one of two groups playing Rocket League in my YT feed, and holy poo poo games journalists are terrible at them vidjagames, I keep forgetting about that. Even Pat seemed to have a better grasp at the basics than them other dudes.

Also soccer is the best.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Pat and Liam playing Driveclub, Pat proving racing games are another genre he is very not good at.

Choice quote being "I know how to drift in these kind of games" not even 5 seconds before eating poo poo and piling into a wall.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Drive Club is apparently not very good at actually being a driving game, if I'm remembering the reviews when it came out.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Pat and Liam playing Driveclub, Pat proving racing games are another genre he is very not good at.

Choice quote being "I know how to drift in these kind of games" not even 5 seconds before eating poo poo and piling into a wall.

He may know what the buttons do but boy is he bad at making them do those things.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Pat cant even handle MARIO KART let alone a proper racer.

lol loving chomp chomps.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ono's really hyping up violent blanka

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So I picked up the special edition DMC4, uh I like when I fight but there's way much more puzzle poo poo than I thought. Especially this one that required me to hunt down 3 spin-tops and manually push them to the middle of the room.

Did I just hit a bad spot in first half of the game, cause I really don't like puzzle aspects and the fights have been...sparse between too much downtime.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Tae posted:

So I picked up the special edition DMC4, uh I like when I fight but there's way much more puzzle poo poo than I thought. Especially this one that required me to hunt down 3 spin-tops and manually push them to the middle of the room.

Did I just hit a bad spot in first half of the game, cause I really don't like puzzle aspects and the fights have been...sparse between too much downtime.

DMC4's combat is fantastic but expect a lot of goofy poo poo like that. Expect dice

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Tae posted:

Really? I barely remember any puzzles at all, and I have been playing it too. I couldn't even name one besides the board game thing. Even the snip top stuff is combat oriented, since you rev them up and shoot them at enemies along the way to placing them on the platforms.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Protip for the dice games: they aren't random, just smack the die when the number you want is on top.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

SkeletonHero posted:

Protip for the dice games: they aren't random, just smack the die when the number you want is on top.

This. It saves a lot of hassle.

I wouldn't call them 'puzzles', just gimmick progression gates. They're not fun, but usually pretty easy and short. I really wish DMC3 had a functional PC port; it's a little less robust, but has much tighter design.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Why have I never heard of this game.
The intro alone is amazing.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9ci3LlyAeE

I expect Woolie to be happy

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Evo happened and it is going to probably be talked about a lot because holy poo poo

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Beef Chief posted:

Evo happened and it is going to probably be talked about a lot because holy poo poo

Did something out of the ordinary happen other than the guy who celebrated too early?

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Yeah some advice for fans of the podcast who don't care for when they go in deep on fighting games: probably gonna wanna skip this one, or at least a good chunk of it. They might keep it brief but there's a LOT they could talk about.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Beef Chief posted:

As long as the important questions are asked, like "Who is Jamie-Lee Curtis' main?"

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, a guy's stick died in the last match of grand finals of USF4, the main event of the show and killed all momentum for both players.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Al-Saqr posted:

Did something out of the ordinary happen other than the guy who celebrated too early?

Basically the ending of Rocky 1 frame for frame complete with crying girlfriend people being swayed by one fighter and Apollo 'Momochi' Creed wondering whether he really won and slowly getting kinda bitter about it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Tupperwarez posted:

As long as the important questions are asked, like "Who is Jamie-Lee Curtis' main?"

Cammy

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Tupperwarez posted:

Poison.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Yep, this was confirmed by the woman herself.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Rising Zan should be a full LP

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Jamie-Lee Curtis seems like the coolest mom.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

HGH posted:

Why have I never heard of this game.
The intro alone is amazing.

http://lparchive.org/Rising-Zan-The-Samurai-Gunman/

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The guys run a fighting game series every week and talk about fighting game stuff all the time. I don't think anyone's going to be terribly surprised when EVO chat comes up all things considered.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Fighting game news:

And people doubted Lucky Chloe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Tae posted:

Drive Club is apparently not very good at actually being a driving game, if I'm remembering the reviews when it came out.

my test of driving games is 'can i play it drunk and have fun' and driveclub does not pass this test

its too much simulation for me. i got the feeling that they felt this way as well, so pat proves to have correct opinions again