Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

nothing earns the ire of the dev team quite like people trying to make barkley 2 happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I'm listening to readings of Jeff the Killer stories on youtube while working on the game.

What do you have to say about that, huh?!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

There's a Rake video game now on Steam is what I say to that.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Gortarius posted:

I'm listening to readings of Jeff the Killer stories on youtube while working on the game.

I dont' believe for a faction of a microsecond that you're working on this game in any capacity.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

notZaar posted:

I dont' believe for a faction of a microsecond that you're working on this game in any capacity.

Aw poo poo... ya got me. Ya got me good.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Gortarius posted:

I guess sleeping tonight would be counterproductive.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Gortarius posted:

He is the main antagonist in Barkley 3.

Surely you mean Barkley 3D.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

notZaar posted:

nobody is working on this game

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Barkley 2 is dead
Barkley 3 Kickstarter coming soon

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I think there needs to be a strict release date set

if you know anything about basketball you know nothing ever actually happens until the last 2 minutes so I think the reason nothings happening is because there is no end of regulation gamedev time yet.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gortarius posted:

There isn't all that much to report really. Nothing exciting at least.

Just churning away on this eternal game project. Spent the day removing errors from maps and fixing up inconsistencies.

It was almost as boring as actually playing the game.
You'll be happy to learn that you can now get slightly updated versions of RM2K and RM2K3 on Steam, 90% off if you use the coupons from the latest Humble Bundle. Should certainly come in handy with the maps and the making.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
please post a video of you placing trash textures in a trash dump for nine hours

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

anyone who expected this to come out on time was obviously faking the funk

Wave your hands in the air if you feel fine /
We're gonna take it into overtime /
Welcome to the Space Jam /
Here's your chance, do your dance at the Space Jam

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Make Mugs Munny a character, add a whole bunch of Marner Brothers characters in the game, you know you want to.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Barkley 2 will be released on steam, it's just barkley 1 with updated sprites and achievements.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Barkley 2 will be released on steam, it's just barkley 1 with updated sprites and achievements.

They've confirmed that was a typo in the press release. It's just a single sprite they've updated.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Athletic Footjob posted:

They've confirmed that was a typo in the press release. It's just a single sprite they've updated.

Well there's no need to update the sprites that are public use or the ones that have fallen out of copyright. I do understand they've removed Ghost Dad's sleep attack.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

in the updated version hoopz is shot with a dart containing Barkley 2, "the kind they were never able to finish"

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

oddium posted:

in the updated version hoopz is shot with a dart containing Barkley 2, "the kind they were never able to finish"

In the updated version you play as the dart.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

finally, i'll be able to prove to everyone on steam that i found all the library cards

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

BUTTERWORBS posted:

game looks g reat cant wait for the late 2013 release

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Schwarzwald posted:

finally, i'll be able to prove to everyone on steam that i found all the library cards

The cheevos will be for things like "played six minutes" "launched game" "refund request denied" not anything you'd want to show off.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

chrisoya posted:

The cheevos will be for things like "played six minutes" "launched game" "refund request denied" not anything you'd want to show off.

Hell yeah add a chevo for two hours of in-game time.

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
Barkley 2
played six minutes
0.72% of players have this

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

FunMerrania posted:

Barkley 2
played six minutes
0.72% of players have this

The real thing to think about here is....

How much is 0.72% out of 0?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
That's exactly 0.00

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Fart Car '97 posted:

Oh my god, Christmas came early this year :aaa:
this car will never have his christmas

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
I checked my Humble Bundle, apparently I still don't have a Barkley 2 Steam code. Strange.

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Seriously tho, take your time. I invest in kickstarter futures, not quarterly hype.

BUTTERWORBS
Oct 16, 2002

Gortarius posted:

The real thing to think about here is....

How much is 0.72% out of 0?

the same as t he likelihood you have anything to do with this game

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
if you run out of bullets' for your gun's is there a "default gun's" you switch to so you can kill a guy for a gun's or are you sol if you don't have any money? or maybe you can break down gun's into bullets for other gun's?

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
wow.. just incredible....

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
Will I be able to link my Star Citizen FPS save to my Barkley 2 save and unlock the secret gun's?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Swan Curry posted:

Will I be able to link my Star Citizen FPS save to my Barkley 2 save and unlock the secret gun's?

I believe the Platinum Club Backer Report mentioned that a Star Citizen save would be mandatory to unlock the game.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

When I look at my kickstarter updates it's roughly every two weeks, then it starts getting further between updates, over a month a part and now we're at 7 months between updates so the next one will probably be in October.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Just go play the Sewer Goblet again you swine

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
The social medias are saying that as of today rumors of Space Jam 2 are becoming slightly less fake. At this rate it will probably come out before this game.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
this game out yet

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

DeepQantas posted:

Seriously tho, take your time. I invest in kickstarter futures, not quarterly hype.

Yeah, I dont care how long it takes. Good Games Last Forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
I hope this is released the day after I give up on playing video games.