Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Euph's posting has gone downhill since the minivan purchase

Coincidence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
euphronius is going to walk back his statement that the poors should just do under the table manual labor like illegal immigrants under the guise that he's joking and doesn't actually hold that belief, but we in dad chat know better.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

V. Illych L. posted:

euphronius' transition to full reactionary was distressingly rapid once he became a civil servant

its a side effect of the failed spaceyifaction, my apologies everyone I promise not to try it again

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
goddamn goons are loving dense

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
I see euph, having bootstrapped himself into government workfare, immediately has turned tail on the proletariat

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

why are both of DCs airports named after terrible people

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
If you or your kids are wearing shoes you shouldn't qualify as poor. Back in my grandpap's day he and the other school children went to school either barefoot or in bread bags. None of this "velcro" nonsense.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Soup du Jour posted:

why are both of DCs airports named after terrible people

Ronald Reagan for his support and compassion for airport employees.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

UberJew posted:

you use public libraries, here in america

the lack of a mailing address is another big problem for homeless folks, a bunch (but nowhere near enough) of charity groups exist to try and help fix this by providing mailing addresses/interview clothes

yeah but you still need a phone to get called, and if you've got that, a gig or two of data isn't a big deal.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1by0-nkKOTs

euph itt

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I had a bad commute this morning

Extra salty

Will calm down

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
im 100% serious about making people go through snap challenge

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
source your quotes euph

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Burning chickens on the highway

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

UberJew posted:

you realize that point is being made with the conclusion "therefore, taxing sandwiches is perfectly fine and not at all a regressive tax" right

Ah, i did not. Came in to this conversation at the end.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

its a luxury, but it doesn't mean they're gross for doing it and it bothers me to no end when people say dumb poo poo like that

Again: Ah. You're right.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

any of yal'l think anyone in europol has set a cat on fire while under the influence of cartesian philosophy

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

site posted:

Ah, i did not. Came in to this conversation at the end.

Again: Ah. You're right.

it's perfectly reasonable that you wouldn't come to that conclusion yourself as you are not a complete lunatic and europol poster

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Berke Negri posted:

any of yal'l think anyone in europol has set a cat on fire while under the influence of cartesian philosophy

I imagine so. I mean it seems every so often another video comes out of the Baltics of a group of kids setting animals on fire or throwing them over bridges.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Berke Negri posted:

i have

it was me

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

im 100% serious about making people go through snap challenge

Am I allowed to adjust for purchasing power and VAT?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

ZenVulgarity posted:

Euph's posting has gone downhill since the minivan purchase

Coincidence?

no thats the thing. he didn't buy an actual minivan. he didn't take the correct path.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Randler posted:

Am I allowed to adjust for purchasing power and VAT?

NOPE

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

V. Illych L. posted:

i have

it was me

you're one hosed up dung swede

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Which $ to € exchange rate?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Berke Negri posted:

you're one hosed up dung swede

i've done it to people, too, but i made sure to remove their pineal glands first so it's ok

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
there was a period in my life where i would have been real happy to be on snap, for one year when i lived with my dad and he didn't bother buying anything but potatoes and ramen and i resorted to shoplifting poo poo instead and then the year after dropping out when i was homeless but didn't even realize it was a thing a person could do because teenagers are Real Dumb

now i have a job and am fat

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I'd also require a time frame for which that challenge would run so that I can calculate what kind of tea I can fit in and depriciate over that time frame.

Also, please provide a reference frame for caloric requirements, so you cannot Gwyneth Paltrow me later.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Randler posted:

Which $ to € exchange rate?

It's $4.15 so what 3.80 in euros?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Nintendo Kid posted:

no thats the thing. he didn't buy an actual minivan. he didn't take the correct path.

What did he buy again?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

It's $4.15 so what 3.80 in euros?

Why does Wikipedia tell me it's around seven dollars?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Randler posted:

I don't know, the average benefit on SNAP was around $133 a month per person. I guess its ticked up a bit since I last looked.

$7 ain't no joke though.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Randler posted:

benefits vary between states, the us average is $133 a month per beneficiary, so its around 4-5 dollars

e: its $151 in california because everything's expensive

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

guassiancoppola has this weird loving thing where he's like cut his teeth reading bad macro analysis on greece and has used that as a lens to interpret micro econ or something

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
its $7 a day in guam ($216/mo) or hawaii ($217/mo) because everything is even more expensive as it all has to get shipped in

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

I honestly don't know what that's like terms of Europe though. I'd have to look at CPI for Germany.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

UberJew posted:

its $7 a day in guam ($216/mo) or hawaii ($217/mo) because everything is even more expensive as it all has to get shipped in

It's supposed to be like 30% of net income.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I honestly don't know what that's like terms of Europe though. I'd have to look at CPI for Germany.

doesn't europe have 0% inflation (sweden and the uk have deflation, but have tricked themselves into thinking this is a good thing)

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Badger of Basra posted:

doesn't europe have 0% inflation (sweden and the uk have deflation, but have tricked themselves into thinking this is a good thing)

UK is back to .1%

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Gravel Gravy posted:

What did he buy again?

some dumb crossover, because half the thread said oh no he shouldn't have a minivan even though he is an Actual Dad.

you all caused it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Disinterested posted:

UK is back to .1%

this is like when mitt romney lost a primary by beating santorum by 1% or something

• Locked thread