Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Argus Zant posted:

you ever think about who the World Government tapped to design the uniforms for the WGMC

you think that person or agency specified that the officers should wear their dress jackets over their shoulders without actually wearing them, or was that something that just got started by, like, one dude

Whoever it is, they must be rich as poo poo designing all of these clothes they don't really wear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Super C ripping poo poo up with his minions.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Brad Neely posted:

Update
China, IL is done forever.
My other show called TV SUCKS lives forever and will air soonish.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

livingfruitvirus posted:

Brad Neely posted:

Update
China, IL is done forever.
My other show called TV SUCKS lives forever and will air soonish.

A sad day. :(

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

gently caress

why u do dis, Brad

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
And yet we live in a world in which Mr Pickles and YPFIGH can still show on tv

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And a world where Adult Swim desperately hangs on to The Cleveland Show.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Nooooooo

Oh well, here's hoping TV SUCKS will be good.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
it's okay this coming sunday has rick and morty

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

this is bullshit :(

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Rick and Morty and their adventures, Rick and Morty Sundays on Adult Swim forever for a hundred years, hundred days, Rickandmorty dot com!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm catching up on last week and noticed that in the SAO episode that Sinon is staring at Suguha's tits like she's given up on Kirito and is trying to get all up in his sister's guts instead. This is not even mentioning I'm halfway through the ep and there's been so much non-animation.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

To be fair, it's probably the best option for either of them at this point.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Beef Chief posted:

I'm catching up on last week and noticed that in the SAO episode that Sinon is staring at Suguha's tits like she's given up on Kirito and is trying to get all up in his sister's guts instead. This is not even mentioning I'm halfway through the ep and there's been so much non-animation.

Between that and kill la kill, it was night full of slideshows

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hell yeah Rick and Morty promo.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I completely forgot it was Saturday yesterday. I got distracted.

Waffleman_ posted:

Rick and Morty and their adventures, Rick and Morty Sundays on Adult Swim forever for a hundred years, hundred days, Rickandmorty dot com!

Rick and Morty is one of the best shows animated or not that's on right now. It's just...surrounded by poo poo.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

WickedHate posted:

I completely forgot it was Saturday yesterday. I got distracted.

In your defense, it wasn't.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

MrAristocrates posted:

In your defense, it wasn't.

I was distracted the day before yesterday also. Lot going on this weekend. It went by fast.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
All the VRMMO's being built on the SAO engine gets even dumber when you find out that not only are they using the tech that killed lots of innocent little kids and made the rest into killers, it also can randomly create quests without any admins or game developers knowledge that can literally destroy the virtual world. GGO, Alfheim, and all the rest of the games are just one week of inactivity from hardcore players or one or two bad plays during a big quest away from being destroyed, or at least immensely changed.

I mean, having those kinds of stakes in an actual MMO would be rad as hell since you can run around and kill the ultimate evil as much as you want and the world doesn't really respond to what you're doing, and seeing a town blow up because a quest didn't get cleared would be a bonkers social experiment, but as fun as that might be on the player side it's a real bad idea to hitch your game to that wagon as a game dev.

But yeah, Sinon was almost killed by her crazy friend and a few other people were killed for participating in a VRMMO, but it's time for actual stakes now. Will Kirito get Excalibur? Tune in next time.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Edited because I was being kind of rudely and unhelpfully sarcastic, of course SAO is just a bad show. Sorry.

Awhile ago I said I disliked the idea of the show running on multiple mmo crisis'(crisi?), but that at least sounds like a good enough justification for that. That also raises the question of why that kind of technology is being used on games, though, or why lethal games aren't immediately banned when it gets out of hand that many times in a row. Are there any mmos that don't have a body count in this world?

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jul 21, 2015

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

NowonSA posted:

All the VRMMO's being built on the SAO engine gets even dumber when you find out that not only are they using the tech that killed lots of innocent little kids and made the rest into killers, it also can randomly create quests without any admins or game developers knowledge that can literally destroy the virtual world. GGO, Alfheim, and all the rest of the games are just one week of inactivity from hardcore players or one or two bad plays during a big quest away from being destroyed, or at least immensely changed.

I mean, having those kinds of stakes in an actual MMO would be rad as hell since you can run around and kill the ultimate evil as much as you want and the world doesn't really respond to what you're doing, and seeing a town blow up because a quest didn't get cleared would be a bonkers social experiment, but as fun as that might be on the player side it's a real bad idea to hitch your game to that wagon as a game dev.

But yeah, Sinon was almost killed by her crazy friend and a few other people were killed for participating in a VRMMO, but it's time for actual stakes now. Will Kirito get Excalibur? Tune in next time.
We took dynamic events too far, man

too far

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

gently caress

WHY?????

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

NowonSA posted:

Well yeah, but everybody else turns the little switch for that to off, but since ALO was a quick hack job of the original SAO engine and the guy who used to run it was also insane, we get quests with Cthulhu elephant things.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wait, you're telling me the game made that quest on its own? I thought it was just a thing in the game.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm not sure if they've explained it yet.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Yui herself is an aberration of the system, a shittier Aura than nuAura(maybe Yui is Amaryllis?), so the game making a quest itself is not too far fetched. I know this gets thrown around a lot, but most "Die in game, X in real life" stuff happens have these 'anomalies' that pop up.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Postal Parcel posted:

Yui herself is an aberration of the system, a shittier Aura than nuAura(maybe Yui is Amaryllis?), so the game making a quest itself is not too far fetched. I know this gets thrown around a lot, but most "Die in game, X in real life" stuff happens have these 'anomalies' that pop up.
At least in .hack a lot of the issues with the system were explained by the fact that hackers gently caress everything up all the time.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You can explain all of the anomalies away with Kayaba being hypercompitent and creating a VRMMO with so much intelligent design and self-awareness that anomalies exist solely because it's so smart that intelligent things can spring from it. It's complete horseshit and vindication of a dude who killed thousands of people using tech for nothing more than to share his vision with people, but it does make some modicum of sense. Now the fact that his sole is actually infused with it and it apparently permeates all MMOs is loving stupid and asinine.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
In case anyone was wondering what ever happened to that Ubermansion pilot... http://variety.com/2015/digital/news/sony-crackle-unveils-drama-art-of-more-bryan-cranstons-supermansion-at-upfront-1201472004/

or that Filthy Sexy Teen$ pilot http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/04/27/fox-abominable-pictures-announces-first-slate-of-multi-platform-projects/394903/

livingfruitvirus fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jul 23, 2015

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Beef Chief posted:

You can explain all of the anomalies away with Kayaba being hypercompitent and creating a VRMMO with so much intelligent design and self-awareness that anomalies exist solely because it's so smart that intelligent things can spring from it. It's complete horseshit and vindication of a dude who killed thousands of people using tech for nothing more than to share his vision with people, but it does make some modicum of sense. Now the fact that his sole is actually infused with it and it apparently permeates all MMOs is loving stupid and asinine.
He hosted a murder game and was rewarded for it by basically becoming a digital god

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

What happened to Soul Quest Overdrive?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

What happened to Soul Quest Overdrive?

I think 4 or 6 episodes were made which aired once several years back. I don't know how hard they are to find.

e: wiki says 4 plus 2 unaired. also "the "Bible Fruit" characters were changed into anthropomorphic sports equipment". [as] video has a bunch of clips still.

Polygynous fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jul 24, 2015

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

JT Jag posted:

He hosted a murder game and was rewarded for it by basically becoming a digital god

So what's stopping him from going insane again and killing players because he thinks their games are boring?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

JT Jag posted:

I didn't say that's not what happened nor is it not completely retarded? Do you think I think SAO is intelligent or something?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Crabtree posted:

So what's stopping him from going insane again and killing players because he thinks their games are boring?

The new technology was designed to make that impossible, but gently caress it, SAO is dumb enough that I wouldn't put it past the author to pull something like that again.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

MrAristocrates posted:

The new technology was designed to make that impossible, but gently caress it, SAO is dumb enough that I wouldn't put it past the author to pull something like that again.

So theoretically nothing's changed except that if he ever did break like that, there would be no way to stop him because everyone's too addicted to psychokiller creating VRMMOs to ever get rid of them. Good Job, Kirito.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Set your calendars, folks. Goonami should be returning August 22! And we're coming back with a bang!

Tune in at 9:30 EST for a Dragon Ball Z double feature! First off, the OVA "Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!" and then the main event, the uncut version of Battle of Gods!

The week after will begin Baccano! and possibly special Labor Day plans if Toonami decides to do a marathon.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Hell yeah, that'll be fun.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
If you've only seen the theatrical Battle of Gods, watch the loving uncut version. I honestly have no idea why it's not the one they went with from the start. The theatrical version, for example, has none of Mark "Hercule" Satan. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Waffleman_ posted:

Set your calendars, folks. Goonami should be returning August 22! And we're coming back with a bang!

Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!"

isnt this poo poo not dubbed?

• Locked thread