Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

GetWellGamers posted:

This is probably a stupid theory, but I kind of think Rachel Amber is Max herself, a future version she time-shenanigan'd to hang out with Chloe while Past-Max was in Seattle. Now, hear me out. Rachel appears almost immediately after Max leaves, vanishes just a little before Max returns, Max has given no real reason why she was completely out of contact for five years, Rachel's clothes fit Max perfectly, Rachel seemed to always know just what to say to anyone to be their friend... I don't think Rachel has Max's powers, I think she is Max. I'm sure there's holes that can be poked in the theory, but when my friends and I were playing through episode 3 together none of us could think of a way to disprove the theory, and as the Ep. 3 ending showed, things were definitely going off the rails as it was.

My memory is a little hazy on the exact story, but didn't Rachael go to school with Chloe and the other kids? The only problem I have with this theory, is that if Rachael is some alternate universe version of Max that exists in the same timeline as normal Max (who is in Seattle), who is she living with and how does she support herself, etc. She was supposed to be Chloe's friend from ~14yo to 17yo right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Wonder in the the new timeline whether Max was somehow involved in the accident.

During the slideshow after Max saves Chloe's father, you can see that he buys his daughter her a car for her Birthday. Which is how she probably ended up having the accident.

So in a roundabout way, yes, Max is kind of responsible for that too.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Are we getting the new episode tomorrow? Can't wait to spill some drinks at the Vortex Club party and irrevocably screw up yet another part of Chloe's life.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I want there to be at least one puzzle with a bunch of do-over crappy one-room futures/presents as a result. Hid the milk in the fridge in Chloe's house? Well now five years later she's an upstanding student at the school... but Nathan is somehow Max's boyfriend. Let's try this again... :cripes:.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

So in a roundabout way, yes, Max is kind of responsible for that too.

But Victoria and Max are besties now so, in the end, didn't it all work out for the best?

Torgo2727
Oct 24, 2004
Taking Care of the Place While the Master Is Away

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I want there to be at least one puzzle with a bunch of do-over crappy one-room futures/presents as a result. Hid the milk in the fridge in Chloe's house? Well now five years later she's an upstanding student at the school... but Nathan is somehow Max's boyfriend. Let's try this again... :cripes:.

"Alright, Max, as long as I stand perfectly still and don't touch anything, I won't destroy the future."

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax

exquisite tea posted:

Are we getting the new episode tomorrow? Can't wait to spill some drinks at the Vortex Club party and irrevocably screw up yet another part of Chloe's life.

People on Reddit are saying it should be any day.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lifeisstrange/comments/3dwo9n/lis_ep4_coming_more_proof/ct9gdil

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The vast majority of games are released on Tuesday's, including the past two episodes. I would be surprised if this one changes up the pattern. I'd guess we see it either tomorrow, and if we don't, we don't see it until next Tuesday.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Torgo2727 posted:

"Alright, Max, as long as I stand perfectly still and don't touch anything, I won't destroy the future."

City destroy storm entirely made up out of the exasperated sighs of Max's who saw what bullshit they'd caused this time.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Few things I was thinking of:

Not possible for Rachel = Max because 1. Rachel has parents and has met them 2. two totally different personalities. 3. if Rachel really wanted to get out of town, and she had time travel power, she could just bet on lottery tickets and not have to worry about it.

Interesting things to note: "Rachel Amber in Dark Room". What is a Dark Room? My first thought goes to either a photo development lab, or a literal "Dark Room" such as being held hostage.

With that logic, it makes me think the two choices for their captor are the Photo teacher, or the Groundskeeper (because he's a creepy fucker and collects girls' clothing, and things about Rachel and knows things about her he probably shouldn't).

So far, I think Victoria and Nathan are just bad characters, but more of victims of circumstance.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Few things I was thinking of:

Not possible for Rachel = Max because 1. Rachel has parents and has met them 2. two totally different personalities. 3. if Rachel really wanted to get out of town, and she had time travel power, she could just bet on lottery tickets and not have to worry about it.

Interesting things to note: "Rachel Amber in Dark Room". What is a Dark Room? My first thought goes to either a photo development lab, or a literal "Dark Room" such as being held hostage.

With that logic, it makes me think the two choices for their captor are the Photo teacher, or the Groundskeeper (because he's a creepy fucker and collects girls' clothing, and things about Rachel and knows things about her he probably shouldn't).

So far, I think Victoria and Nathan are just bad characters, but more of victims of circumstance.

I'm also certain it's Jefferson but maybe they are trying to psych us out by making it look like it's obviously him, I mean one of his first lines is “I could frame any one of you in a dark corner, and capture you in a moment of desperation.” and the whole "cool teacher" thing seems like an act to me since he's been a hypocrite a few times and he gets super salty if you get him kick off the trip

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

If you examine the hallway layout at Blackwell, there is a black door to the right of Mr. Jefferson's class that is probably the dark room, but it has been inaccessible thus far.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Ekusukariba posted:

I'm also certain it's Jefferson but maybe they are trying to psych us out by making it look like it's obviously him, I mean one of his first lines is “I could frame any one of you in a dark corner, and capture you in a moment of desperation.” and the whole "cool teacher" thing seems like an act to me since he's been a hypocrite a few times and he gets super salty if you get him kick off the trip
One thing potentially in his favor is him totally shooting down Victoria. If he was some skeezy predator he would have totally jumped up on that chance because there was nobody else there for all they knew.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Ekusukariba posted:

Also there's the stereotype of "oh this clearly autistic guy is the culprit!" as a misdirection tactic while the "normal guy" is the actual villian. That's been done before and probably where they are going (why else could you implicate him w/r/t the roof jumper (i really don't remember these people's names atm) along with David), but I feel there will be more to it than that. Did you see how many people actually picked Jefferson tho? 7% worldwide. David is just a creepy fucker, and Nathan is just an rear end in a top hat, but Jefferson is playing the long game.

Additionally, those books at the end are like photo albums, and whoever is making them has been the person kidnapping all these girls and collecting photographs of them. I may have to replay it, but I'm pretty sure this person is out to get Max too.

Futhermore, Jefferson is WAY too interested in Max. There's a level where a teacher wants the best for their student and pushes them hard, but almost every single time he's around her, he talks about her. Even when she's not around! (see victoria hitting on him)

Accordion Man posted:

One thing potentially in his favor is him totally shooting down Victoria. If he was some skeezy predator he would have totally jumped up on that chance because there was nobody else there for all they knew.

No, she wants him, so if she went missing it'd be too obvious.

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jul 21, 2015

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I don't think it was the teacher. One student claimed Rachel was having sex with Jefferson. I doubt he would be doing that and also be planning on killing her, doesn't fit the typical serial killer MO.

I still think it's the super, SUPER snooty photo student (Evan?) that pops up every once in a while.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Accordion Man posted:

Actually it could be the opposite Hypothetically He likes to see women at their lowest, see them in true desperation, that's his type, so Victoria who is all over him wouldn't be someone he'd go after since there's no challenge

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Max posted:

I don't think it was the teacher. One student claimed Rachel was having sex with Jefferson. I doubt he would be doing that and also be planning on killing her, doesn't fit the typical serial killer MO.

I still think it's the super, SUPER snooty photo student (Evan?) that pops up every once in a while.

That sounds more like a rumor made out behavior they had together. Kids make up poo poo all the time. One teacher in my HS got fired because someone claimed they had relations with them, but it didn't happen. They fired him anyways because of the bad image.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Rachel was too mixed up with Frank that logically I think we're going to find out more about their relationship in the coming episode. There's clearly more to Jefferson + Kate though that I think will be explored at some point.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Max posted:

I know its not really evidence but Jefferson's license plate is TPFTHLK, Top of the Lake, which was a miniseries about a missing pregnant teen, so Rachel gets pregnant and he kills her?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Spoiler for Top of the Lake: The pregnant girl doesn't die, and eventually gives birth and lives on a commune with other women seeking shelter.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
This is some seriously dark poo poo considering the tone of the rest of the game.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I liked that show, top of the lake

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

This is some seriously dark poo poo considering the tone of the rest of the game.
I had a feeling it was coming, Twin Peaks just looked like a cheesy soap opera at first glance, and I could tell they were getting big inspiration from it coming into the first episode.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

Are you serious right now?

We have a girl wanting to commit suicide because someone drugged her and she had sex with a ton of dudes, and had a video of the entire thing (keep in mind which all the teachers have seen which is loving weird) we have another girl who was drugged and had pictures of her taken while she presumably was raped, we have drug use, murder over money troubles and selling drugs, schizophrenic leanings covered up by parents, etc

Endings
Jan 17, 2012

Close your eyes...

GreenBuckanneer posted:

We have a girl wanting to commit suicide because someone drugged her and she had sex with a ton of dudes, and had a video of the entire thing (keep in mind which all the teachers have seen which is loving weird) we have another girl who was drugged and had pictures of her taken while she presumably was raped, we have drug use, murder over money troubles and selling drugs, schizophrenic leanings covered up by parents, etc

In strict fairness, the Kate video is 'only' her making out with a bunch of guys -- Nathan then took her off alone, otensibly to take her off to the hospital.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

GreenBuckanneer posted:

We have a girl wanting to commit suicide because someone drugged her and she had sex with a ton of dudes, and had a video of the entire thing (keep in mind which all the teachers have seen which is loving weird)

i thought she just kissed them but yeah your point is pretty valid.. theres also the fact that its possible that max tries to shoot somebody to save her best friend. its not a dark game in tone but the subject matter is dark

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Supposedly there was a problem with the console version, and the publisher wants to release both versions at the same time. http://www.xboxachievements.com/news-4155-DLC-Added--Life-is-Strange---Episode-4--Dark-Room.html

I'm guessing it's going to be released this week.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Yeah... I remember in episode 3 I was thinking Nathan might have some kind of reason to do the crazy poo poo he's been doing - whatever the "Rachel in the Dark Room" stuff is supposed to mean , but then I remembered he drugged and may have date raped Chloe , and also brought a gun to school to threaten her / murder her (episode 1) and then in episode 2 you find out that Kate got drugged at his party and he took her somewhere after telling people he was taking her to the ER. -

...and I guess I'll just tag this all as spoilers since new people might come to the thread when the new episode releases.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

If you examine the hallway layout at Blackwell, there is a black door to the right of Mr. Jefferson's class that is probably the dark room, but it has been inaccessible thus far.

It's pretty obviously just an extra door that leads into the photography room that was walled over from the inside at one point. If you count your steps from that door to the entrance to the room, then go inside and count your steps to the back wall, they are identical.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Well, gently caress. Not getting it today (or presumably this week). :smith:

https://twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/623496219927687168

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I would imagine this means we are getting it next Tuesday.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Paul Zuvella posted:

I would imagine this means we are getting it next Tuesday.

Aww man, I leave for GenCon Tuesday morning. Gonna have to wait a week until I get to play it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just downloaded an update, that's gotta be a good sign.

Torgo2727
Oct 24, 2004
Taking Care of the Place While the Master Is Away
"We will always announce a date and release a trailer before a new episode."

They won't stealth drop an entire episode. There will be plenty of warning.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

*goes to a thrift store*

*buys an old polaroid camera*

*cracks it open and dumps the parts out while listening to alt-J*

*intensely studies everything that fell out*

"The signs... hella... portend... EPISODE 4 NEXT WEEK!"

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

They're doing a twitter thing with #RachelAmber because today's her birthday in-universe. I think they're going to hold off releasing for a few days to put the tweets they get in the episode, maybe?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Genetic Toaster posted:

They're doing a twitter thing with #RachelAmber because today's her birthday in-universe. I think they're going to hold off releasing for a few days to put the tweets they get in the episode, maybe?

I mean, we are almost certainly getting the episode next tuesday, I don't know what the hell they would do with a bunch of tweets about Rachel Amber's Birthday when the game takes place in October.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Paul Zuvella posted:

I mean, we are almost certainly getting the episode next tuesday, I don't know what the hell they would do with a bunch of tweets about Rachel Amber's Birthday when the game takes place in October.

it doesnt seem so out of place. max checks up on her twitter while investigating, the player sees all these real tweets and then theres some crazy message from nathan

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Rosalind posted:

*goes to a thrift store*

*buys an old polaroid camera*

*cracks it open and dumps the parts out while listening to alt-J*

*intensely studies everything that fell out*

"The signs... hella... portend... EPISODE 4 NEXT WEEK!"
No, no, no, you're not supposed to crack it open, you're supposed to karate chop it with your ghostly vines, then it will tell you the future.

I'm honestly surprised that this game hasn't made a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure reference already considering personal spirits actually exist in-universe and Max can move within the frozen time.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Accordion Man posted:

No, no, no, you're not supposed to crack it open, you're supposed to karate chop it with your ghostly vines, then it will tell you the future.

I'm honestly surprised that this game hasn't made a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure reference already considering personal spirits actually exist in-universe and Max can move within the frozen time.

We've discovered Rachel Amber's location. She's... in Egypt!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

it doesnt seem so out of place. max checks up on her twitter while investigating, the player sees all these real tweets and then theres some crazy message from nathan

What, is her phone traveling in time now too?

• Locked thread