Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Aphrodite posted:

Rise of Arsenal may very well be the worst comic book ever, but they determined it depicted addiction and PTSD well.

I think that title has to go to Identity Crisis for several reasons, including what triggered the creation of BSS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jose Oquendo posted:

I think that title has to go to Identity Crisis for several reasons, including what triggered the creation of BSS.

So BSS is what happened when Something Awful got PTSD?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
How many people has BSS beaten with a cat?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Duke Chin posted:

How many people has BSS beaten with a cat?

I think there's a sub forum for that.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

Okay, just for context though, the "Rise of Arsenal" comic by DC which had Roy Harper beating people up with a dead cat also won a Prism award.

Was the cat the same one from Ollies arrow?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

VBane posted:

More casting news

We are getting a new hero in Mr Terrific, played by Echo Kellum. Its the Curtis Holt version, a wealthy tech guy who will be working with Felicity.

Really, he's going to be called Curtis? That makes it sound like he's Michael Holt's loser cousin.
Was Marvin Holt already taken or something?

The Question IRL fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jul 20, 2015

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ain't no gay men ever been called Marvin!

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Oracle posted:

Its okay! He's gay! No love triangle!

Unless he falls in love with Ollie and does some kind of Fatal Attraction thing...

I would accept him falling in love with Ollie after seeing him on the Ladder.

But then again I want to see the internet lose their minds about it.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Looks like they were seriously considering tossing in some GL stuff into the Arrowverse before the news about the GL Corps movie dropped.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

Goddamn it WB. I mean, the budget for Arrow has shrunken so much that it'd be really hard to do a good GL in action, but even just to have him there for a little bit would be great. Something to spice it up. And Ollie and Hal were besties in the comics, weren't they?

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Green Lantern is the lamest losah in the DC universe and I'm glad he isn't going to show up.

There are already plenty of characters in the show and it's time to give Thea and Laurel some decent crime-fighting screen time.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Sir Potato posted:

Goddamn it WB. I mean, the budget for Arrow has shrunken so much that it'd be really hard to do a good GL in action, but even just to have him there for a little bit would be great. Something to spice it up. And Ollie and Hal were besties in the comics, weren't they?

John (Stewart) Diggle taking Oliver on a healing roadtrip across America is still on the table at least. He's already the Black Driver!

Proposition Joe posted:

Green Lantern is the lamest losah in the DC universe and I'm glad he isn't going to show up.

There are already plenty of characters in the show and it's time to give Thea and Laurel some decent crime-fighting screen time.

But yeah, considering how badly they fumbled with Roy introducing more heroes just seems like a bad idea for the rest of the cast. Green Arrow, Black Driver, Speedy/Red Arrow, Black (is she officially Black yet?) Canary, plus guest stars is a lot already. Even Diggle, Oliver's best friend, hasn't really gotten a whole lot of dedicated screen time lately.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sir Potato posted:

Ollie and Hal are sorta besties but with opposing ideologies and it really depends on the writer. As Ollie waned in popularity though, it became more common to have Hal and Barry be besties since they also were the headliners for DC's Silver Age among other common traits as well as easily being in the same weight class compared to Ollie being mostly Street Level with less ability to punch above that superhero class when solo. (It's the Hawkeye with the Avengers dilemma except worse).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Proposition Joe posted:

Hopefully Thea's costume allows for her stunt double to fit in easier.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

The Question IRL posted:

Really, he's going to be called Curtis? That makes it sound like he's Michael Holt's loser cousin.
Was Marvin Holt already taken or something?

It's this guy's father.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Laurel is Black Canary, she even called herself that in the Flash crossover when asking Cisco to repair the Canary Cry.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, and even though a lot of merchandise called Sara Black Canary she was only ever officially Canary.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Proposition Joe posted:

Still better than the Watchers in Marvel's universe

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
On the one hand DC's policy of taking poo poo away from Arrow because it's in the movies is super annoying

on the other hand, now I don't have to have Green Lantern bullshit polluting my teevee

Thanks, DC!

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Robbie Amell got on X-Files... is he no longer The Bad Amell?!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

This is so weird. I can understand taking away Katana, Boomerang and Deadshot since the Suicide Squad movie opens next year but the GLC movie won't be out until 2020. :psyduck:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

This is so weird. I can understand taking away Katana, Boomerang and Deadshot since the Suicide Squad movie opens next year but the GLC movie won't be out until 2020. :psyduck:

Because "THE AUDIENCE WILL BE CONFUSED"

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
They took out Ted Kord despite there being no being Blue Beetle in any media, anywhere, within any foreseeable timeframe. Not putting Green Lantern into the show is almost reasonable compared to that.

(but still dumb)

(I'm actually looking forward to the GL Corps movie though)

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
In case you couldn't tell from the steaming pile of poo poo that is the New 52, DC corporate is horribly incompetent.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Whizbang posted:

In case you couldn't tell from the steaming pile of poo poo that is the New 52, DC corporate is horribly incompetent.

Not all of New 52 is bad.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

bobkatt013 posted:

Not all of New 52 is bad.

Name one part that isn't, I dare you.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

sbaldrick posted:

Swamp Thing was awesome, Batman is currently good and so is the current Superman titles. Green Arrow is currently good.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

bobkatt013 posted:

Swamp Thing was awesome, Batman is currently good and so is the current Superman titles. Green Arrow is currently good.

Swamp Thing could have taken play 20 years ago and be the same story, Batman and Superman both suck because they didn't get a reboot. Green Arrow is ok now that the horrible art is gone.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sliiide those goalposts.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

sbaldrick posted:

The New 52 sucks because they rebooted everything I liked, Batman and Superman suck because they didn't reboot them.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I thought Earth 2 was solid.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
More than half of the N52 books were actually really loving good.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

We're getting Baron Blitzkrieg

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Who? :psyduck:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Google says he was a Nazi officer who led yet another underground organization called "Shadowspire"

Yah, I don't think they're going to make this dude a Nazi.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

General Shrieve didn't have gorgons and vampires under his command so I assume this is also just a name thing

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
White Canary will debut on Arrow

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
At this point I expect everyone to greet Sara's resurrection with weary indifference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

sbaldrick posted:

All-Star Western, Dial H, Frankenstein, and Justice League 3000

• Locked thread