Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
I don't even know where the incest ends and the furry talk begins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

[frozen-incest-guilt.gif]

:shepicide:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Davepeta...

is actually funny.

But the best part of this was jakedance

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

RZApublican posted:

Wait a minute, this list is just Vriska written 88,888,888 times!

c'mon, now.

SynthOrange posted:

I...do I want to know what that is?

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
I mean Davepeta seems like a nice character, but we could've skipped the 'relativity of what incest means if we do it' conversation during our "emotionally-stunted characters discover themselves" mini-arc.

edit: poo poo, didn't Karkat delineate this for everybody in a handy shipping chart once upon a time

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

David Copperfield posted:

I mean Davepeta seems like a nice character, but we could've skipped the 'relativity of what incest means if we do it' conversation during our "emotionally-stunted characters discover themselves" mini-arc.

I think it's really funny because it's so awkward. Dave and Rose always had a weird flirty phase with each other that they've mostly mutually decided to sweep under the rug, but Dave can't keep a lid on his weird Freudian feelings even at the best of times and being part teenage cat troll just opened the dam.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

whowhatwhere posted:

c'mon, now.

I...do I want to know what that is?

It's pretty tame:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

SynthOrange posted:

Does Davepetasprite have a cape to blow away in the wind?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

so that mayor's a pretty tall dude huh

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Ariong posted:

Does Davepetasprite have a cape to blow away in the wind?

No but he has a trench coat.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Thanks for the link to the past, one of my favorite quotes in there.

quote:

I HATE THE THINGS I'M FORCED TO SAY. AND ACKNOWLEDGE AS REAL. BECAUSE OF YOU.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

David Copperfield posted:

It's there so the entire crazy fanbase doesn't start shouting "INCEST!!!" Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have worked. In any case, Dave and Rose each make up only a teeny bit of their respective sprites, so even if reproduction were able to occur (PLEASE NOT) it'd be pretty far from incest. I started to do the calculations on how many genes they'd have in comment, but stopped because I realized that was dumb and I was dumb.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

By "A teeny bit" do you mean 50%? Because I'm pretty sure you mean 50%.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ariong posted:

By "A teeny bit" do you mean 50%? Because I'm pretty sure you mean 50%.

Dave makes up 25% of Davepeta

Rose makes up 25% as well.

This is a dumb question but you know.

EDIT: These numbers are not literal do not actually dissect this do not be that guy Jesus Christ

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
i think that loving your sister/brother is bad thanks bye

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Prison Warden posted:

no dude they're part catprincess and bird/troll catgirl now that makes it okay

(i swear we used to have an event horizon "we wont need eyes to see" smiley, pretend i typed that here)

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I do think that Arsenic Lupin was right that this unpleasant conversation was probably necessary to remind the readers that these people are, in fact, related. I have noticed a lot of genetics confusion in this thread, and while obviously some people won't be stopped or will even be encouraged by the threat of incest, it's good for people to have the facts straight.

What if someone wrote the most popular incest fanfiction on the net without realizing that the characters were related? Can you imagine the realization?

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:
Considering the Westermarck effect never applied to Dave or Rose (or any of the characters) anyway, and that reproduction's obviously not a thing, and that they've been warped so many times over that they barely resemble their original selves, I honestly can't imagine why I'd be arsed to give a gently caress about incest. This ain't Flowers in the Attic.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Ariong posted:

I do think that Arsenic Lupin was right that this unpleasant conversation was probably necessary to remind the readers that these people are, in fact, related. I have noticed a lot of genetics confusion in this thread, and while obviously some people won't be stopped or will even be encouraged by the threat of incest, it's good for people to have the facts straight.

What if someone wrote the most popular incest fanfiction on the net without realizing that the characters were related? Can you imagine the realization?

I don't know, and I do not want to know, whether they would be pleased or disgusted by the revelation.

Some things cannot be unlearnt

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

No! I take it all back!

It's too late. The trophy is already in the mail. The packaging is not subtle.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Magres posted:

I don't know, and I do not want to know, whether they would be pleased or disgusted by the revelation.

Some things cannot be unlearnt

Too bad!

They'd be downright giddy.

Now, go my son, go and live your life with this burden, as we all must.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Ariong posted:

No! I take it all back!

It's too late. The trophy is already in the mail. The packaging is not subtle.

your family must be so proud

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Prison Warden posted:

Homestuck teaches us the important lessons.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
This webcomic prompts the most absurd and horrible conversations one could expect to hear outside of the holocaust denialist otherkin convention

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Castomira posted:

Considering the Westermarck effect never applied to Dave or Rose (or any of the characters) anyway, and that reproduction's obviously not a thing, and that they've been warped so many times over that they barely resemble their original selves, I honestly can't imagine why I'd be arsed to give a gently caress about incest. This ain't Flowers in the Attic.

I give a gently caress, because I'm not a goddamn weirdo, you goddamn weirdo.

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:
You're posting in the Homestuck thread, so I feel comfortable calling you a liar.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Castomira posted:

You're posting in the Homestuck thread, so I feel comfortable calling you a liar.

quote:

“But I don’t want to go among weird people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all weird here. I’m weird. You’re weird"
"How do you know I’m weird?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

boom, loving insanely sicktimely reference secured

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Hey instead of talking about whatever nonsense you people are talking about let's talk about how the mayor owns so much and how we should all take turns hugging him.

Also: What is Jade wearing on her finger, and what does the note near her say?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Plom Bar posted:

Hey instead of talking about whatever nonsense you people are talking about let's talk about how the mayor owns so much and how we should all take turns hugging him.

Also: What is Jade wearing on her finger, and what does the note near her say?

She' wearing a finger reminder ring thing like what how she used to.

The note says this:

The plan was to give you a boner... and you got one

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The note says "don't forget about your reminder ring!" And the ring is there to remind her to read the note

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

The note says "don't forget about your reminder ring!" And the ring is there to remind her to read the note

way to get jade stuck in a recursion, dave. now we need to do a hard reset.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Since Davepeta and Jasperose are bizarre joke characters them dating would be worth it to make regular Rose and Dave freak the gently caress out. Then they themselves flip the gently caress out if/when they are separated back into their original selves. We'll probably be spared this when they're horribly murdered by Lord English or merge to form him or whatever else they're supposed to be doing.

The Mayor didn't have much of a showing this update. I know there was a lot of ground to cover but that meeting with Calliope could've done with some fleshing out. They're both characters in need of some purpose or characterization, and as it stands we'll probably just cut back to them building can-town around Jade.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
Homestuck is the one comic where I say "Well I didn't expect this to happen" on a regular basis.

These last updates I expected the least, though.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Burkion posted:

Dave makes up 25% of Davepeta

Rose makes up 25% as well.

This is a dumb question but you know.

EDIT: These numbers are not literal do not actually dissect this do not be that guy Jesus Christ

I wonder if WD Hamilton ever thought his work would be used for stuff like this.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

If Davepetasprite and Jasprosesprite have memories of all their dead selves that makes them the most informed out of everyone about what HIC can do in battle. They have that going for them even if they don't get mixed together to become LE's coat, or stuffed together with the rest of the sprites and (Vriska) into the bunny which died in the green sun creating Skaia (my personal stupid major theory), or any other stupid poo poo like that.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Akett posted:

stuffed together with the rest of the sprites and (Vriska) into the bunny which died in the green sun creating Skaia (my personal stupid major theory)

I have no idea how this is meant to work and I am intrigued.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
loving finally us Leo folk have a Homestuck-troll-thing that's not a complete embarrassment.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
In before some Pisces provides me with confirmation for my bias.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Homestuck makes me so glad to be a Sagittarius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
the Most Important Characters in Homestuck are still waiting in the background, biding their time

Davinci posted:

Homestuck makes me so glad to be a Sagittarius

I'm an aries, and, uHH,

atomicthumbs fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Jul 21, 2015